The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Original post by gummers
When they release an Linux based OS for the iPhone, i shall be pimping it.

Both iOS and OSX are *nix based, just the fact that they're locked down so hard you can't do anything with them.
Original post by mikeyd85
Got pulled from the market for violating it's terms... OOPS! :p: Can still get it from their site though.

Unfortunately, us Hero owners are still living like iOS plebs with our lack of Flash. :sad:

Still... the days til I upgrade are slowly coming down...

What did you do?
Reply 3422
Original post by Installation
What did you do?

The app was pulled because it broke the market's TOS.
Reply 3423
Original post by JonCha
Technically, you're wrong.

...negged you by accident there. I'll fix it tomorrow innit.
Original post by G8D
It's actually ridiculously easy to root.

I managed to get a complete computer noob to do it over FB and on an OS I'm unfamiliar with.

I'm not a complete computer noob...just a rooting noob :tongue:

But i still owe you 5 drinks for saving my phone =D
Original post by estel
The app was pulled because it broke the market's TOS.

Oh I thought he got banned from the app. Which I realise now makes no sense haha.

Ah well, what did it break? I think it's pretty great.
Reply 3426
Original post by Installation
Oh I thought he got banned from the app. Which I realise now makes no sense haha.

Ah well, what did it break? I think it's pretty great.

Google doesn't allow apps on the market whose "primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of Products outside of the Market."
Reply 3427
Original post by Yawn11
Care to elaborate?

Dont get why you didn't in the first place, you probably anticipated this question. :colonhash:

Because the City of London is only a square mile. :P
Original post by estel
Google doesn't allow apps on the market whose "primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of Products outside of the Market."

Well good to see them championing the open software.
Bit of an odd rule, but I suppose it's to stop people getting dangerous apps on their phone?
What dangerous apps?
Got pulled from the market for violating it's terms... OOPS! :p: Can still get it from their site though.

Unfortunately, us Hero owners are still living like iOS plebs with our lack of Flash. :sad:

Still... the days til I upgrade are slowly coming down...

When can you upgrade?
Original post by wizard710
When can you upgrade?

Ah, it's not too far off tbh. Feb sometime, though I may wait until May when my contract actually expires to see if I can get a better deal. I'm gunna tell Orange I want unlimited data with 3 and there's probably nothing they can do to stop me leaving. :biggrin:
anyone tried scanning the QR code on the coffee cup in Kylie Minogue's song 'All the lovers'?
Ah, it's not too far off tbh. Feb sometime, though I may wait until May when my contract actually expires to see if I can get a better deal. I'm gunna tell Orange I want unlimited data with 3 and there's probably nothing they can do to stop me leaving. :biggrin:

Don't count on resolving any problems with 3's customer service :ahee:
You can do that on an iphone as well lol hack your self
Currently in the process of upgrading my San Fran to Jellyfish v8... :biggrin:
Motorola Xoom rumoured to be £700... :eek:
Motorola Xoom rumoured to be £700... :eek:

*puckers*

That's just an outrageous pricepoint. :no:
Does anyone know if the Motorola Defy is any good? It's Android and 'life proof' (semi-rugged)?

Sounds like a good phone, but I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience of it?

Latest

Trending

Trending