The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by dmz
i actually left smiling, but I'm worried cos the questions weren't too hard so not sure if I've actually proved myself

saaaame, i was smilling. but i was thinking today that the questions werent very hard, idk whether thats because i'd prepared or whether they were just filling up the time slot!! hahaha. awh man march cannot come soon enough,
seriously.
Original post by dmz
i actually left smiling, but I'm worried cos the questions weren't too hard so not sure if I've actually proved myself

Mine was kinda like that. Though, they made a comment about pushing me more because I'm a grad, with more experience, so even though I didn't feel that stressed/pushed, it seemed like they didn't think it was easy.

I came out smiling too, though. The couple of people before me didn't look so happy when they left. :/
Reply 782
Original post by cuhlowey
saaaame, i was smilling. but i was thinking today that the questions werent very hard, idk whether thats because i'd prepared or whether they were just filling up the time slot!! hahaha. awh man march cannot come soon enough,
seriously.

no. I need something to occupy my mind till then. Maybe a girl :tongue:

Original post by Happy Insomniac
Mine was kinda like that. Though, they made a comment about pushing me more because I'm a grad, with more experience, so even though I didn't feel that stressed/pushed, it seemed like they didn't think it was easy.

I came out smiling too, though. The couple of people before me didn't look so happy when they left. :/

yea. They literally only asked what I've read, so i was kind of just talking, lost track of time a little too, usually I'd be dead nervous. The guy before me was pretty happy.
gooood :smile: i felt good about it afterwards because they were friendly. but i dont wanna jinx it!!

do you mind me asking how long yours lasted?
I was told i was in for 35 minutes which I found defficult to believe but effectively I doubled the time by asking a random question that popped into my head before I was about to leave and that turned it into a secondary conversation. Got myself into a hole over PBL though but I think I was able to recover slightly<< they wernt happy at first though.
Reply 784
Original post by phill232
I was told i was in for 35 minutes which I found defficult to believe but effectively I doubled the time by asking a random question that popped into my head before I was about to leave and that turned it into a secondary conversation. Got myself into a hole over PBL though but I think I was able to recover slightly&lt;&lt; they wernt happy at first though.

I didn't ask any questions, hope it doesn't count against you
Interviewed yestarday,

really enjoyed it, felt so nervous before but it was really interesting and the tutors doing the interview are very very friendly.

The questions were nice but its unfair to list any. My favourite university so far of all the places ive applied.

I got the good cop bad cop routine?

Everyone get that?
Original post by dmz

I didn't either, and they said something like "good, that means you've done your homework" and chuckled at me.
Reply 787
Original post by Happy Insomniac
I didn't either, and they said something like &quot;good, that means you've done your homework&quot; and chuckled at me.

Haha, they were a bit like clockwork tbh - i was like no, the internet and blah, blah was pretty informative

Didn't specifically use that word, i don't think
Reply 788
I was told i was in for 35 minutes which I found defficult to believe but effectively I doubled the time by asking a random question that popped into my head before I was about to leave and that turned it into a secondary conversation. Got myself into a hole over PBL though but I think I was able to recover slightly<< they wernt happy at first though.

i was in for 20 mins according to my mum. felt like it flew in!
Original post by dmz

Not at all

I was halfway through the .... "I feel that all the information provided by the.................................very informative................think that I have no worries about glasgow ............................." routine then I remembered that I wasnt leaving until i dug myself out of the pbl hole.

Every source told me not to ask questions.

They all also told me not to drink the water because my hand mught shake and show my nerves.

I thought that was strange and disregarded practicality because my voice cracks when it gets dry. I practically drank the whole jug. I was the only person not to drink it because there was no tap yet the jug was full and I was there early and diddnt see it being refilled.

I am definately way too OCD lol
Original post by That Bearded Man
I got the good cop bad cop routine?

Everyone get that?

no diddnt notice that technique with mine both seemed friendly enough. perhaps one more sharp than the other
Reply 791
Bonjour all,

New member, first post, interview for glasgow medicine this coming monday.

Literally quite excited. (not sure if this is a good or bad thing. most likely bad...)
Original post by TENDYRA.
Bonjour all,

New member, first post, interview for glasgow medicine this coming monday.

Literally quite excited. (not sure if this is a good or bad thing. most likely bad...)

I swear I've seen another 'TENDYRA' on these forums. I think it was on the old Sheffield thread or something.

Anyway. Good luck. They're lovely in Glasgow. Make sure you're well rested if you're travelling from Manchester to there :tongue:.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=349050. The other Tendyra. Maybe you're cousins or something? :tongue:.
Reply 793
Original post by TwilightKnight
I swear I've seen another 'TENDYRA' on these forums. I think it was on the old Sheffield thread or something.

Anyway. Good luck. They're lovely in Glasgow. Make sure you're well rested if you're travelling from Manchester to there :tongue:.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=349050. The other Tendyra. Maybe you're cousins or something? :tongue:.

haha related yeah! and i'm going up the night before and staying with mate - can't be doing with getting a train at 6:30am...
Reply 794
Got my interview tomorrow. I am so so scared
Reply 795
Original post by G550NDH

you've literally been preparing for centuries, you've asked me more than they asked, i'm sure you'll be fine, lol
Original post by G550NDH

You'll be fine
Reply 797
Original post by dmz
you've literally been preparing for centuries, you've asked me more than they asked, i'm sure you'll be fine, lol

ditto!
lol at centuries. true fact!
Reply 798
ditto!
lol at centuries. true fact!

:yeh:

Erm, Chloe, whatever you do don't go on the re-applicant's thread for a few weeks :teehee:
Reply 799
Original post by dmz
:yeh:

Erm, Chloe, whatever you do don't go on the re-applicant's thread for a few weeks :teehee:

oh whaaat..i havent looked yet..im going now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending