The Student Room Group

OCR Salters Chemistry B F332 Advance Notice Jan 2011 Understanding Our Changing Atmos

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone write for that question about why the reaction that didn't have 100% atom economy be better for economical purposes... or something..?
Reply 101
Original post by hidden_desire
What did everyone write for that question about why the reaction that didn't have 100% atom economy be better for economical purposes... or something..?

Think I said that it required high costs to get the conditions required for the reaction to occur :s-smilie:

Said something along the lines of expensive to get reactant in pure form, the solutions would be more widely available and cost less.

I put that it's more expensive to transport Chlorine, amongst several other rushed answers

I wrote money is spent on creating enough energy to convert K into its gaseous state for the reaction to occur
What did you put for that building houses with poly(phenylethene), why is good?
I put that its a good insulator.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by russdood93

I put its strong and turgid :/
Reply 107
Original post by coffee345
i said to make polypropene e.g. fibres?? -.-

Which question was that?

--

Turns out Poly(phenylethene) is polystyrene...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jpurkis1
Which question was that?

--

Turns out Poly(phenylethene) is polystyrene...

it's the one about what can propene be used for in industrial processes? O.O

and i put flexibility for polystyrene so i got that 1 wrong -____-"
i think i failed this paper...what did you get in June?

Same! That's what I thought, because it trapped air and it was used for building houses in cold areas :smile:

I'm pretty confused about this question! I'm so sure the question was 'suggest a SOURCE of propene....'

So I wrote crude oil.

Sigh. I wanted to pick up some marks through this re-sit so I could get a solid A by the end of the year... :frown:
Original post by tom108
I put its strong and turgid :/

Dunno about TURGID but saying Rigid will probably get a mark as I saw a similar question in a older exam paper and they allowed Rigid as an answer.
I'm pretty confused about this question! I'm so sure the question was 'suggest a SOURCE of propene....'

So I wrote crude oil.

Sigh. I wanted to pick up some marks through this re-sit so I could get a solid A by the end of the year... :frown:

I need an A too...but i don't think i'll get it at this rate...i probably end up re-sitting my re-sit >.<

what grade did you get for this in June?
I need an A too...but i don't think i'll get it at this rate...i probably end up re-sitting my re-sit >.<

what grade did you get for this in June?

Well overall in Chemistry I was only 1 measly mark off an A. But that was because I did pretty well in my coursework - otherwise I was a few marks off an A in both :/
A2's even harder, so .. well.. let's just say I'm having a hard time trying to stay optimistic :redface:

Hehe. Wbu? x
Well overall in Chemistry I was only 1 measly mark off an A. But that was because I did pretty well in my coursework - otherwise I was a few marks off an A in both :/
A2's even harder, so .. well.. let's just say I'm having a hard time trying to stay optimistic :redface:

Hehe. Wbu? x

I was 8 marks off an A overall in Chemistry... :frown:

What did you do for you Chem investigation?
Reply 115

So I wrote crude oil.

Seems people are a bit confused as to what the question was asking...I put crude oil as well.
Reply 116

A low B :s-smilie:
Original post by jpurkis1
A low B :s-smilie:

Well, from the answers you wrote they seem logical so i think you might be able to get an A :smile:

i got a high B for this paper last June...but i don't know what happened today :frown:

ah well - let's just hope for low grade boundaries ><
Reply 118
Well, from the answers you wrote they seem logical so i think you might be able to get an A :smile:

i got a high B for this paper last June...but i don't know what happened today :frown:

ah well - let's just hope for low grade boundaries ><

Low grade boundaries ftw... :biggrin:
Right the GRADE BOUNDARY for this paper was released by OCR today, its:

The total number of raw marks available is 100

A -- 68/100

B -- 62/100

C -- 57/100

D -- 52/100

E -- 47/100

U -- 0/100

*Source = http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin...l_raw_mark.pdf

_________

I'm happy with how the grade boundaries turned out for this paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending