The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qcdang
Yeah although we have those thoughts, it is still obvious that an amazingly huge number of people still wanna apply to LSE (well including me)!!!!!!

I have started to wonder why. I mean, well LSE is brilliant. But what is the case compared to UCL?

yeah according to you then I should go for LSE since I wanna find a job somewhere else but not the UK.

LSE would be a good pick then. That's why I picked it. Originally my plans were to come back to the US and get a JD, but I have no interest in practicing in the US now.

Now I'm pretty set on London, but also entertaining the possibility of Singapore and the offshore MC.
Offer from Sheffield Uni AAB for M100 :biggrin: Only Kingston left!
notts don't half take their bloody time...please tell me not many people have offers from them yet?
Original post by lfcwatcher
hows is it you got into oxford but rejected from UCL.. what are your academics like?

Don't know really, apparently there were stronger applicants than me. I got 11 A*s and an A at GCSE. 4 AS levels at A grade, and I will end up with 3 A levels.

Original post by sophsxo
Congrats on your current offers! I got rejected from UCL too :frown:
When did you get your offer from KCL?? and are you international or UK?? :smile: thanks.

I got it a couple of days ago. I'm applying from in the UK- Northern Ireland. In all honesty, King's and UCL were an afterthought
because I had to pick 5 places
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ConfusedMan
My application has been received by a college, which isn't quite an offer yet, but is certainly a positive sign :biggrin:

Does anyone know how long it takes for UCAS to change after an application has been passed on to a college?

I got my offer the following week after my aes track changed to 'received by a college.' Congrats, the offer should be coming your way soon!
Reply 1605
Original post by 7thNocturne
I got my offer the following week after my aes track changed to 'received by a college.' Congrats, the offer should be coming your way soon!

If it is received by a college, is this the standard procedure, or does this mean an offer has been half given by the university? And if so, would this be the general admissions?
So far, my offers are for:

LLB Law at Exeter (CC) - AAB Conditions. :clap2:

LLB Law at Leeds - AAA Conditions. :gthumb:

LLB Law at Liverpool - AAA Conditions or 360 Points. :wizard2:
LLB European and International Law at Sheffield - AAA Conditions. :bl: :elefant:

:yeah:

I am still waiting to hear from Newcastle for M101 LLB Law. :crossedf:

Also, anyone applying for LLB European and International Law at Sheffield, it appears that there are no threads for offers, so I started one here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1525063

(:

Anyone who wants to talk or has offers similar to mine, feel free to message me! Happy exam season and good luck to you all, both in exams and university applications! x

offer from Oxford - unconditional. Still haven't heard from ANY of the other UK schools.
Original post by Kay :)
If it is received by a college, is this the standard procedure, or does this mean an offer has been half given by the university? And if so, would this be the general admissions?

I think that the applications sent to the college are those which have been approved by the department. According to the aes track, this almost definitely means the application has been successful. I hope this answered your question. :wink:
Original post by qcdang
Hey hey I got rejected by KCL too :frown:. They didnt really state any reason, just said that the degree of competition is high and that Im among those unsuccessful. Do I have any hope with my LNAT? :frown:

Cheer up, you have LSE, which is just as good, if not better than KCL for Law! :smile:

Your LNAT could be good - they might have rejected you on other grounds! They didn't state a reason for me but I'm pretty sure it's not the LNAT because I have an offer from UCL, which is supposedly quite the LNAT Nazi.

I thought LSE = No social life has less to do with its location in London and more the fact that the students tend to work very hard, creating a mugger culture with little time for socializing? Of course, it's always up to the individual and it's definitely possible to have a great social life wherever you go!
Reply 1610
Original post by 7thNocturne
I think that the applications sent to the college are those which have been approved by the department. According to the aes track, this almost definitely means the application has been successful. I hope this answered your question. :wink:

Haha yes, thank you :smile:
Reply 1611
Original post by malizia
I'M SOOO HAPYYY :smile: I've received offer from Manchester!!!
Leeds unsuccessful
Southampton unsuccessful
Manchester offer
Queen Mary
Sheffield

CONGRATULATIONS on you offer!! I love Manchester! Been there and I love the place!

I have chosen ten subjects in A and B levels.
I have grade 9 from Maths, English and History. Grade 10 from other subjects such as Geography, Biology, Physical education, Music, 2 other languages and Informatics.

What are your subjects? :smile:
I have given Toefl IBT condition by university. Maybe do you know which exam is harder Toefl or Ielts?
I dont know what to do because I prepare only for IELTS exam. :0

That's relatively good grades. I'm doing A Levels. Managed A for Mathematics and Accounting and B in Economics and History for my AS Level. Was gonna take General Paper but dropped it since I decided to repeat my Economics and History paper for a shot at A.

I did IELTS in mid October. I find it relatively quite easy especially if you can speak and write good English. I got 8.0 overall. My breakdown was 9.0 Listening, 8.5 Reading, 7.0 Writing and 7.5 Speaking. I think the difference would be IELTS exam gives a more traditional exam feel. No computers, just you and the papers. :tongue:

Besides, there are less questions in IELTS exam and less time needed. But anyways, both are the same in testing your proficiency. Just a matter of preference I would say. I would prefer IELTS. :biggrin:

Where are you from btw? Funny to see a UK uni give TOEFL as its English requirement. I thought they were for IELTS all the time. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sunnykahlon
notts don't half take their bloody time...please tell me not many people have offers from them yet?

I'm waiting too... its my first choice as well :frown:
has anyone heard from warwick yet?!
Offer from Reading !! 4 down, 1 to go !

Makes me think I should have taken a shot with an AAA Uni :/
Original post by wag1bgirl
has anyone heard from warwick yet?!

A few people have, most people haven't.

I haven't :cry2:

Original post by High As A Kite
Offer from Reading !! 4 down, 1 to go !

Makes me think I should have taken a shot with an AAA Uni :/

Congrats :smile: which one's your fifth?
Original post by Potiron

thanks:smile: last one is Surrey. Even if they reject me, I have nothing to worry about, which is a good feeling :biggrin:
Original post by Potiron

Where did you apply?
Reply 1618
Original post by yilyn

Original post by yilyn
That's relatively good grades. I'm doing A Levels. Managed A for Mathematics and Accounting and B in Economics and History for my AS Level. Was gonna take General Paper but dropped it since I decided to repeat my Economics and History paper for a shot at A.

I did IELTS in mid October. I find it relatively quite easy especially if you can speak and write good English. I got 8.0 overall. My breakdown was 9.0 Listening, 8.5 Reading, 7.0 Writing and 7.5 Speaking. I think the difference would be IELTS exam gives a more traditional exam feel. No computers, just you and the papers. :tongue:

Besides, there are less questions in IELTS exam and less time needed. But anyways, both are the same in testing your proficiency. Just a matter of preference I would say. I would prefer IELTS. :biggrin:

Where are you from btw? Funny to see a UK uni give TOEFL as its English requirement. I thought they were for IELTS all the time. :smile:

Your results are quite good. I wouldn't expect so high results, because I don't feel strong in English. The reason why, I'm afraid these exams. :smile: I also thought that English universities required only Ielts,so I'm suruprised. I've learned and bought material for this exam, so maybe university would allow to take Ielts exam. What do you think?
I'm from Lithuania. You from Malaysia, don't you?
Reply 1619
Original post by malizia
Your results are quite good. I wouldn't expect so high results, because I don't feel strong in English. The reason why, I'm afraid these exams. :smile: I also thought that English universities required only Ielts,so I'm suruprised. I've learned and bought material for this exam, so maybe university would allow to take Ielts exam. What do you think?
I'm from Lithuania. You from Malaysia, don't you?

I think its best to send them an email to ask if they would accept IELTS instead since you have prepared for IELTS. :smile: Both TOEFL and IELTS aim to test the command of English so I think they would accept IELTS if you ask them. You still have got ample of time to take the exam since all conditions are to met by 31 Aug.

Yes, I'm from Malaysia. Nice to know you :biggrin:

Latest