The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Warwick GEP interview, 24/3/2011 WOOHOO. First correspondence I've had in nearly 2 months!!!
Reply 221
Original post by ringham33170
Warwick GEP interview, 24/3/2011 WOOHOO. First correspondence I've had in nearly 2 months!!!

Congrats, when did you find out? What's your UKCAT?
Original post by miklc
Congrats, when did you find out? What's your UKCAT?

I found out two days ago. My UKCAT was 832.5. You should look at this wiki link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2011_Entry?&stat_userid=215520&stat_usergroupid=2&stat_membergroupids=&stat_widgettype=gutter&stat_widgetname=widget_article_updates

It shows who's got in where, who's got interviews, and their UKCAT scores. I think your question leads to 'is Warwick using a bottom end cutoff for UKCAT scores to interview invites?' The lowest score currently uploaded to this wiki for warwick interviews is 687.5. However the person who did get that interview also got an unconditional offer from Cambridge, so her application form may have worked to compensate for her UKCAT, if Warwick were looking at it being a bit low. Hope this info helps/provides clarity.

P.s. are you studying Biomed at Queen's? Coz I am, and noticed you were studying at QUB too
Original post by miklc
Can I ask your UKCAT score?

Reply 224
Original post by NewStitches
Yeah I did, it was good! The interviewers were nice, it was quite a relaxed atmosphere with most of them... The time seemed to go by so quick though.
None of the things they asked were things I'd prepared for, but I found I had fairly organic responses anyway. It was a good experience, fingers crossed I get an offer :smile:

Did you interview for it too?

I did. I felt the exact same way as you and I was wondering how they are going to select us now because it didn't seem like you could really screw it up. I hope you get an offer! :smile:
Reply 225
Original post by miklc
Warwick haven't contacted me. Freaking out.

Warwick have still not replied to me either :frown: but I guess they have lots of applicants to go through. It says they may not get back until the end of January so it is worth still holding out hope I think. Did you do well in the UKCAT?
Original post by gandz
I did. I felt the exact same way as you and I was wondering how they are going to select us now because it didn't seem like you could really screw it up. I hope you get an offer! :smile:

haha thats exactly what I thought!
I came home and told my friends I did really well but Im pretty sure everyone else did too! But I know one guy turned to me and said he felt really shell shocked afterwards, so maybe not everyone felt so relaxed with it?
It could so easily go either way I think.
Good luck though! I hope we hear back soon.....!
Original post by gandz
Warwick have still not replied to me either :frown: but I guess they have lots of applicants to go through. It says they may not get back until the end of January so it is worth still holding out hope I think. Did you do well in the UKCAT?

Still no word from Warwick either. UKCAT 675.
Warwick interview- 24/03/11 8:15 start.
Reply 229
Hey everyone!
Has anyone heard from graduate medicine from Southampton??
Reply 230
Original post by roystonvesey
Still no word from Warwick either. UKCAT 675.

UKCAT <670. I've given up on getting an interview from Warwick :frown:
Original post by manchal
Hey everyone!
Has anyone heard from graduate medicine from Southampton??

yeah has anyone heard from them soton for graduate medicine??

:wink:
According to a post on NMM, the admissions office have sent out a number of rejections but no offers for Southampton. Someone posted on the graduate thread that they had a Soton rejection for BM4.

They started coming out properly the first and second weeks of Feb last year...
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham yet? I submitted the experience profile and am getting bored of being on tenterhooks all the time!
Reply 234
Hi haven't heard from Nottingham since I did the Work experience profile either.

Am still waitting for Southampton too!
Reply 235
Just had a UCAS Track update with an offer from Birmingham :biggrin: My interview was on the 19th.

Soooo happy!
Just heard about my 5 year application to Barts, have an interview 6 days before the GEP one. Going to be intense!

Has anyone else applied to both the 4 and 5 year for Barts?
Reply 237
Original post by LaRoar
Just had a UCAS Track update with an offer from Birmingham :biggrin: My interview was on the 19th.

Soooo happy!

Major congratulations!
Original post by LaRoar

Soooo happy!

Very well done, and if i am correct, where you not worried that it had all gone terribly wrong in the interview? Just goes to show how we (prospective medics) put too much pressure on ourselves! I am still waiting to hear from B'ham, and it isn't looking too good at this stage lol. Congratulations again :smile:
Anyone applied as a grad to the Kings 5 year course and if so heard anything as of yet??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending