The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Hey, I've got an invite for an interview in feb for Mechanical Engineering wondering if anyone has had one and can tell me what to expect. I haven't had any interviews yet so I have no idea that they're like...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 461
Original post by nikita_atikin
Lol I'm sure you did very well in C4 :biggrin: 97% is as good as 100% :tongue:
C3 was really hard but I think I did the paper justice. My answers seemed to agree with Mr Ms so that's cool.

:tongue: You evil boy... Lol you seem to be enjoying your "couple of extra jobs" a bit too much :colone:
(Agreed, pae-sharks are of paramount importance whilst discussing your jobs :colone:)
Pae-sharks lol :tongue: And I thought you were the cooler one out of the two of us until you came up with pae-shark. :rofl:
:rolleyes:

Groan, I had M1 yesterday - a retake because my whole class bombed it last time (no thanks to a teacher who zipped through it quickly. The other Mech class got an average of As and Bs, and I was 2 marks off a B. *ragerage*)

And when I say bombed, I mean not doing the last Q which was worth 15 marks because I was clueless about pulley systems then.
This time, it went swimmingly though. ^^ I'll be damned if I don't get an A. xD

Niki, maybe you should rein him in? It is called "Pimperial" for a reason xD
Original post by arianex
Groan, I had M1 yesterday - a retake because my whole class bombed it last time (no thanks to a teacher who zipped through it quickly. The other Mech class got an average of As and Bs, and I was 2 marks off a B. *ragerage*)

And when I say bombed, I mean not doing the last Q which was worth 15 marks because I was clueless about pulley systems then.
This time, it went swimmingly though. ^^ I'll be damned if I don't get an A. xD

Niki, maybe you should rein him in? It is called "Pimperial" for a reason xD

I face the horrors of M1 in June *shudder*
I'm sure you did fine in M1 though, resits normally make you do better :h: You'll be finnnneeee! :hugs:

Well, Robbeh is my b**** so... :wink:
Reply 463
wassup guys! got my offer from imperial a little while ago after having an interview. so excited to be going there in october :smile:
Original post by phwarfcat
wassup guys! got my offer from imperial a little while ago after having an interview. so excited to be going there in october :smile:

Your academic profile is tres interesting. Applied for Maths last year and had an offer from Cambridge but why the change of heart for Physics at Imperial despite applying to Cambridge again, sir (or ma'am, you sound like a guy though)? :smile:
Reply 465
Offer for Biology! AAB HELLS YAEAAHHH!
Though that life sciences restructure thing's got me hesitating :/ so myt go for UCL (if they offer hehe) but then again, im still rili likin the look of imperial. Decisions decisions eh.
Reply 466
Your academic profile is tres interesting. Applied for Maths last year and had an offer from Cambridge but why the change of heart for Physics at Imperial despite applying to Cambridge again, sir (or ma'am, you sound like a guy though)? :smile:

nyahahha i am infact a girl :P
it's a complicated story, i failed the step exams so i didn't get into cambridge, and i did badly in a couple of modules (which took me totally by surprise) and thus didn't get into imperial as my insurance. then i decided that i actually would prefer to do physics at uni, and here i am :smile:
Original post by phwarfcat
nyahahha i am infact a girl :P
it's a complicated story, i failed the step exams so i didn't get into cambridge, and i did badly in a couple of modules (which took me totally by surprise) and thus didn't get into imperial as my insurance. then i decided that i actually would prefer to do physics at uni, and here i am :smile:

Eh-oh, my bad sorry :tongue:
Ahh, okay lol, I thought you just changed your mind completely. Maths to physics though, that's a bit of a change in itself! Hopefully see you this October (if I get into my firm! :rolleyes:
C3 exam coming up :< - need 95% at least to make the C4 exam in the summer a lot easier xD .
Original post by ViralRiver
C3 exam coming up :< - need 95% at least to make the C4 exam in the summer a lot easier xD .

:biggrin: Good luck

Anyway even if you get less then 95% dont worry, C4 is much easier then C3
Original post by freefrag
:biggrin: Good luck

Anyway even if you get less then 95% dont worry, C4 is much easier then C3

Thanks :smile: . C4 does look easier, but we haven't really touched integration yet, and I don't like vectors. C3 is insanely easy, but I can't do reflections in y=x (tips anyone?) xD . I've been getting 99% in all of my past papers recently so here's hoping I don't slip up ^^'.
Thanks :smile: . C4 does look easier, but we haven't really touched integration yet, and I don't like vectors. C3 is insanely easy, but I can't do reflections in y=x (tips anyone?) xD . I've been getting 99% in all of my past papers recently so here's hoping I don't slip up ^^'.

That's like the only thing in C3 I can do properly :lolwut:
Try actually drawing y=x, turning your paper about 45 degrees anti clockwise and then imagine a mirror effect, then sketch graph. :smile:
That's like the only thing in C3 I can do properly :lolwut:
Try actually drawing y=x, turning your paper about 45 degrees anti clockwise and then imagine a mirror effect, then sketch graph. :smile:

Yeah my maths teacher told me to do that (after I asked if I can have tracing paper xD). The biggest problem for me is drawing the line y=x, when the scales on both axes are different >< .
Yeah my maths teacher told me to do that (after I asked if I can have tracing paper xD). The biggest problem for me is drawing the line y=x, when the scales on both axes are different &gt;&lt; .

When you sketch graphs, the scale doesn't matter. What exam board are you on? Normally as far as I'm aware sketches don't care about the scale as long as you give the right coordinates to where the axes have been cut, roots, stationary points etc

Hmm I think I got lucky and reflections in y=x didnt come up on my exam. Anyway you're right the paper is v. easy, but its also very easy to slip up on it and lose a lot of marks.
When you sketch graphs, the scale doesn't matter. What exam board are you on? Normally as far as I'm aware sketches don't care about the scale as long as you give the right coordinates to where the axes have been cut, roots, stationary points etc

Edexcel, scales don't matter necessarily, but, for example y = arcsin(x): goes up to 1 on the y axis, pi/2 on the x axis, so I can't draw y=x 45 degrees from the x axis if you know what I mean :frown:
Edexcel, scales don't matter necessarily, but, for example y = arcsin(x): goes up to 1 on the y axis, pi/2 on the x axis, so I can't draw y=x 45 degrees from the x axis if you know what I mean :frown:

Just learn the shape of the graph maybe? It's easier that way :s-smilie:
Btw arcsin(x) goes up to 1 on the x axis and pi/2 on the y axis :smile:
Reply 477
Cambridge reject reporting in
A*AA
A in AS FM

CompSci
Just learn the shape of the graph maybe? It's easier that way :s-smilie:
Btw arcsin(x) goes up to 1 on the x axis and pi/2 on the y axis :smile:

xD that's what I meant - but thanks :smile: . I've learned the shapes for inverse trigonometric functions but they could slap me with any function they so wish :< .
Original post by Mumbo
Cambridge reject reporting in
A*AA
A in AS FM

CompSci

:hugs: Yay more computer scientists! By the time it's October, I bet all of our course mates are going to be on TSR! :h:
Well done in your offer! Hopefully see you in October? Will you be firming? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending