The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dorian gray
Haha, I hate having a phone with internet. Checking my emails all of the time!

I would definitely be doing the same if my phone hadn't broken the other day! Probably a blessing in disguise :p: what are you applying for?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Offer for Electical/Electronic Engineering :biggrin: Yesssssss!!

Firm choice I think :biggrin:, AAB and a pass at AS level, (thats an e right, or is it a c?)

Yay! :biggrin:
Original post by dirtyoldriver
I would definitely be doing the same if my phone hadn't broken the other day! Probably a blessing in disguise :p: what are you applying for?

Politics + East European Studies :smile: Apparently I should expect a reply by the end of January! Seeing as they only work weekdays, that means until Friday 28th (unless they are giving out offers on Monday 31st :P) Which is 6 working days away! Scary.
Original post by KitKatFrench
Offer for Electical/Electronic Engineering :biggrin: Yesssssss!!

Firm choice I think :biggrin:, AAB and a pass at AS level, (thats an e right, or is it a c?)

Yay! :biggrin:

Congrats!
A pass is an E :smile:
Original post by Davey Mags
i sent off my questionnaure for history on december 8th and still havent heard back. Hope now that the next batch of questionnaires are going through that offers start coming :/

they said on mine that they wont start giving out offers until all questionnaires are in. My deadline is the 4th feb i think so it should be after then.
Reply 2305
I think everyone who hasn't heard anything yet, and has good grades, should post now to make me feel better :frown:
Original post by mizzlfp
I think everyone who hasn't heard anything yet, and has good grades, should post now to make me feel better :frown:

I still haven't heard. Chin up
Reply 2307
Original post by mizzlfp

Nor have I. Remember, no news, good news :tongue: (Haha, I'm being overly positive!)
Reply 2308
That helped, thanks :smile:
Original post by ElsRigg
wow, well done! I've also applied for HOA but with material studies - haven't heard anything yet.
And I really don't know what the interview would involve...they don't give anything away on the webite :s-smilie:
anyway, good luck!!

Hello and thanks!

I'm sure you'll hear soon, things should speed up now its after the deadline, I'm guessing they have an onslaught of applications to sort through. When did you send yours? Have you got an acknowledgement yet? Best of luck!

They really don't, I guess I'm just gonna have to hope for the best and wing it.

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Rejected for Law, not too bothered though seeing as I've got my LSE offer. :smile:
Good luck everybody.
Reply 2311
rejected from UCL for medicine :frown:
Reply 2312
chemical engineering
Archaeology offer :smile: MEGA MEGA HAPPY RIGHT NOW waarrrrrrghhhh!
Original post by cloudkid
anybody applying to biochemical engineering? i know they had a batch of interviews on the 13th jan, which i couldnt make so thye changed me to the 27th jan. sooo a week today.. really dreading it because i really wanna go thereeeeeeeeeeee <3

i got an interview for that also, one weeks time:s-smilie: im so scared coz i do chemistry and bio and i havent got a clue about physics :s-smilie:SS !!
Still no reply yet!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Monaco Knight
I'm getting quite impatient now, to the extent where I'm constantly feeling ill in the stomach from the stress of having to wait for the reply :erm:

It's been 3 months since I sent my application and they acknowledged it within a week but nothing else so far.

The problem is, if they are going to give me an offer I need them to give it before mid-march as the offer will determine what modules I enter for in the summer. The deadline for the exam entries is mid-march.

That means I need to be invited to an interview/open day within next month and for the decision to come by march at the latest.

Would it be possible for me to email them and ask them if they could process my application a little quicker, given the circumstances? I don't know what to write or how to phrase it without a) sounding like an impatient track addict and b) compromising my chances of getting in by rushing them to make a decision.

Any advice please? :smile:

Don't worry - UCL are bound to reply before then. Good luck!:smile:
I got an offer to study Law with Hispanic Law at UCL today, after my interview on Wednesday. I'm so excited about studying in London (provided that I meet my offer!).

:yay:
Reply 2318
Rejection for History
Got a questionnaire for classics at UCL today...finally some contact! Good luck to you guys who are still waiting... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending