University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Physics :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
anyone going to the openday/ interview on the 23rd of feb?
Reply 402
Got an interview for the 9th of Feb for English ! So nervous !
Reply 403
Law :smile:
Reply 404
Computer science :wink: I have an interview on 17th feb, can't wait to have a look around :smile:
Got an offer from Kent a while back, applied for accomodation and all that. But to be honest, it's about my third or fourth choice! So, there's one more spot for everyone else at least :smile:
Ooo interview days? :teeth:
Will keep an eye out for you :h:

Though I'm not here 17th Feb. I have to go home for a bit.
Original post by Reggiee
I've applied for Forensic Science :smile:

You will love it! Amazing course. Though I will be doing different stuffs next year. I'm loving being in with the Forensic scientists atm :grin:
Just beware of the few crappy 1st term modules :p: but the rest are just, wow!

Where are people applying for accomadation then?

Happy to help give views on Tyler A and Elliot College (and Rutherford college too seeing as they are spitting image buildings!)
Reply 408
Original post by Loz17
You will love it! Amazing course. Though I will be doing different stuffs next year. I'm loving being in with the Forensic scientists atm :grin:
Just beware of the few crappy 1st term modules :p: but the rest are just, wow!

Where are people applying for accomadation then?

Happy to help give views on Tyler A and Elliot College (and Rutherford college too seeing as they are spitting image buildings!)

I've been to the uni open day and I absolutely love the department and the tutors! the course seems amazing and facilities are not bad. But I am still choosing my first choice and reserve :frown: Its pretty hard to decide which two to put down :/
Original post by Reggiee
I've been to the uni open day and I absolutely love the department and the tutors! the course seems amazing and facilities are not bad. But I am still choosing my first choice and reserve :frown: Its pretty hard to decide which two to put down :/

Not promoting Kent or anything just giving you information which will help your future; Kent is the only uni double accredited for Forensic Science so your job aspects at the end would be very good.

I agree facilities could be better but team in the department are amazing! The lecturers and module conveners will push you to work hard but without making you do too much if that makes sense? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 410
Original post by Loz17
Not promoting Kent or anything just giving you information which will help your future; Kent is the only uni double accredited for Forensic Science so your job aspects at the end would be very good.

I agree facilities could be better but team in the department are amazing! The lecturers and module conveners will push you to work hard but without making you do too much if that makes sense? :s-smilie:

woo that seems good :biggrin:
tbh Kent was my first choice, but their offer puts me down a bit :frown:
they require 300 UCAS points, including BC in two science subjects.
which is basically a minimum of ABC.
I think I can get an A in maths and a C in Chemistry, but I am not very sure about the B :/ and I am not doing very well in biology atm which really worries me :/

Keele and Hull, which I've also applied to (but with Criminology), offer lower requirements, and seems fantastic - Keele's course a wide range of topics within FS and Criminology and Hull's good for Chemistry.

I REALLY CANT CHOOSE:frown:
Original post by Reggiee
I think I can get an A in maths and a C in Chemistry, but I am not very sure about the B :/ and I am not doing very well in biology atm which really worries me :/

Keele and Hull, which I've also applied to (but with Criminology), offer lower requirements, and seems fantastic - Keele's course a wide range of topics within FS and Criminology and Hull's good for Chemistry.

You can also use ucas points for your 4th AS level that you took? (assuming you took one :smile: ) It's worth half the A level
Applied to two courses and just got both offers at ABB
Courses were: English and American Literature with Creative Writing + the other course is exactly the same just with an approved year abroad! (:

So happy - it's my first choice!!
:smile:
Original post by Reggiee

Its coz its the best one in the country. As mentioned AS's count as well. BBDb was 310 points so its not massively difficult. I'm happy to help with biology if you like too :smile:

But its your call. Just make sure you're happy with your decision!
Original post by PartumAnimus
Applied to two courses and just got both offers at ABB
Courses were: English and American Literature with Creative Writing + the other course is exactly the same just with an approved year abroad! (:

So happy - it's my first choice!!
:smile:

Congratulations! I got an offer for English and American Lit with CW and a year abroad too. :five: :biggrin:
Reply 415
computer science :smile:
Reply 416
Original post by shanaynay
computer science :smile:

A female doing computer science yayy. Not many do for some reason :/
Reply 417
Politics and International Relations with French!!!! (Unconditional!! :biggrin:)
Can't wait! What accommodation has everyone chosen? xxx
Reply 418
Original post by c2010
Can't wait! What accommodation has everyone chosen? xxx

I'm going to apply for accommodation tomorrow, hopefully. Quite keen on Parkwood and Darwin Houses at this point! Definitely going to go for self-catering, just weighing up the pros/cons between flats and houses now.. But Tyler Court seems a little too expensive :redface:

What about you? Applied already?
I've applied at Kent and I hope they accept me.
Hull seems kinda strict on me though. :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending