The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by gravitywontgetyouhigh
When I visited me and my Mum stayed in the Holiday Inn (classy, I know:P) and the area surrounding wasn't too pleasant! Smashed windows/run down houses/ very derelict etc. Although I do come from a very little village, so anything city-ish is going to be viewed differently. Though without doubt, it is a beautiful city and university.
Are you applying/a current student?

Ah, I know where you mean, not too pretty indeed :tongue: but yeah the three main roads that branch off from queens (opposite from the city centre) are really nice and mainly student friendly. Same, I mean I live in NI but in the countryside (backend of nowhere :frown:). No I'm applying but my school is directly across the road from QUB so I'm round that area quite alot :smile: Are you applying?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 81
I've applied for
Actuary
Maths
Economics
Finance
:biggrin:
Original post by mermania
I lived right round the corner from (a) Holiday Inn for 2 years :ahee: (the one on University Street).

ohhhhiya :colondollar:
Reply 83
ohhhhiya :colondollar:

:hi:

I don't anymore though :sad:
Reply 84
Original post by lulumcc
anyone else applying for actuarial science? :smile:

i did....but no word?! holding out for lse though...
Reply 85
Original post by nou123
i did....but no word?! holding out for lse though...

I got an offer from queens about a month after I applied... I'm sure yours it's on its way!
Reply 86
Original post by lulumcc
I got an offer from queens about a month after I applied... I'm sure yours it's on its way!

sent mine early november [****] where else did you apply
Glasgow? Applying everywhere! :P Yeah, I went to Liverpool back in December for an interview. Was lovely there, and I can just imagine the night life to be amazingggg!

Yup, I really like it :smile: I'm from Manchester so there are some similarities in Liverpool (Class music and indie scene etc) so that's something to look forward to haha.

Not sure how I'll cope as a United fan though :wink2:
I've had an offer for archaeology and modern history :smile:. Applying from England too!
Reply 89
Hey!
Applied for Arts and Creative Writing in Queens there before christmas...got an email a few days ago, they're looking for me to submit a piece of writing (short story or non rhyming poem)..Anyone else get the same email and might know how long it has to be??
Thanks!
Heyy :smile:

Anyone got an offer for Psychology at Queens?

Think its what I'm going to do this year :smile: Got an unconditional offer.

Anyone doing it at the minute?
Reply 91
Original post by cmack17
I've applied for
Actuary
Maths
Economics
Finance
:biggrin:

Any word from actuary...I take it you want to go to queens
Reply 92
Glasgow? Applying everywhere! :P Yeah, I went to Liverpool back in December for an interview. Was lovely there, and I can just imagine the night life to be amazingggg!

I'm from Liverpool and the nightlife is insane! You will love it :smile: I can't decide between the pool and Queens either!
Reply 93
Original post by Emmanuel321
Inspired from last years thread, I decided to set this one up to keep track of what everyone is applying too and also their decisions :smile:

So just quote me and tell me what you are applying for :smile:

Good Luck to EVERYONE! :woo:

Geography -
Emmanuel321

Environmental Planning -
Emmanuel321

English w/Creative writing
xnatalie01x

Zoology
speaknow

Environmental Science
speaknow

Law
Amy124

Biomedical science
RyAnMcK

Biochemistry
RyAnMcK

Genetics
RyAnMcK

I'm a student from England!
I have a conditional offer for English and am waiting for a response for English with Creative Writing! Should hear something soon!
Reply 94
Original post by nikforde

Original post by nikforde
Hey!
Applied for Arts and Creative Writing in Queens there before christmas...got an email a few days ago, they're looking for me to submit a piece of writing (short story or non rhyming poem)..Anyone else get the same email and might know how long it has to be??
Thanks!

It can be a maximum of 4 A4 pages, double spaced. It's not an awful lot to play with. Mine was 4 pages, if I remember correctly! I had to submit my piece before January 7th.

Hope that helps (:
Reply 95
applied for web technology ....
Reply 96
Original post by Deborrraaaah
I've had an offer for archaeology and modern history :smile:. Applying from England too!

Snaps on all of the above...except I'm an Ancient Hist gal :smile:
Think Queens will be your firm?
I've applied for Dentistry... I had my interview waaay back but I don't think I'll hear back til March. Fingers crossed...
Original post by Emmanuel321
Inspired from last years thread, I decided to set this one up to keep track of what everyone is applying too and also their decisions :smile:

So just quote me and tell me what you are applying for :smile:

Good Luck to EVERYONE! :woo:

Geography -
Emmanuel321

Environmental Planning -
Emmanuel321

English w/Creative writing
xnatalie01x

Zoology
speaknow

Environmental Science
speaknow