The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

conditional offer for psychology :biggrin: yay!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by psychsarah
conditional offer for psychology :biggrin: yay!

Congrats! What college?

I got into St.cuths for psychology :smile:
Reply 3002
I just got an email inviting me to a department open day, and it says you only get invited if they intend to give you an offer, yaay :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Congrats! What college?

I got into St.cuths for psychology :smile:

aww well done :smile: i've applied to van mildert though they haven't confirmed it yet... is durham your first choice?
Application is still at department so at this late stage I am now resigned to rejection, been checking AES most days since I sent it off in October, got all my other offers but Durham was always my first choice, little but frustrated but at the end of the day there must have just been better people.

Gz all with offers :smile:
Reply 3005
Original post by Mandelson666
Application is still at department so at this late stage I am now resigned to rejection, been checking AES most days since I sent it off in October, got all my other offers but Durham was always my first choice, little but frustrated but at the end of the day there must have just been better people.

This isnt a late stage yet! Loads of offers get made in march or even after!
Original post by bubbaa
This isnt a late stage yet! Loads of offers get made in march or even after!

I do hope so but I always thought that the last possible day was 1st March, and as it seems to take a while to go from department to college for others I'm fearing that it's very unlikely to be an offer.

Only good thing is that I haven't actually been officially rejected yet!
Reply 3007
I do hope so but I always thought that the last possible day was 1st March, and as it seems to take a while to go from department to college for others I'm fearing that it's very unlikely to be an offer.

Only good thing is that I haven't actually been officially rejected yet!

Nope the very last day they have to respond by is like the 6 may or something so it could be a long wait! lots of departments dont seem to have made any offers/ rejections at all yet so i wouldnt worry (i say even though im worrying myself!) :smile:
Original post by bubbaa
Nope the very last day they have to respond by is like the 6 may or something so it could be a long wait! lots of departments dont seem to have made any offers/ rejections at all yet so i wouldnt worry (i say even though im worrying myself!) :smile:

True, although wouldn't they want to tell us mid-feb time so we would be able to get to an Open Day.

My mate who just got rejected kindly reminded me that seeing as I've heard from the other four that it can only be Durham now if I get a UCAS update and seeing as me application is still at the department it would have to be a rejection so every time my blackberry buzzes I have a cardiac arrest.
Original post by psychsarah
aww well done :smile: i've applied to van mildert though they haven't confirmed it yet... is durham your first choice?

I want to visit there first, but probably yes. Is it for you?
WOOO!
AAA offer for law at Collingwood!!!
:smile::biggrin::smile::biggrin:!!!
Reply 3011
Sorry follow up question:

Two days ago my AES changed to this.

"Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details."

Someone said his meant I have an offer, so how long will his take to update on track?
I am having a heart attack XD

Don't worry there are still those of us waiting... and getting more scared by the day! :/
Original post by stafford1992
WOOO!
AAA offer for law at Collingwood!!!
:smile::biggrin::smile::biggrin:!!!

Well done! Congrats!
Reply 3014
Original post by ben788
Sorry follow up question:

Two days ago my AES changed to this.

"Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details."

Someone said his meant I have an offer, so how long will his take to update on track?
I am having a heart attack XD

Be happy! i wich mine was recieved by a college :frown: ot takes a few days for some and a few weeks for others.. be patient :smile:
Reply 3015
Original post by mlsdbk
Be happy! i wich mine was recieved by a college :frown: ot takes a few days for some and a few weeks for others.. be patient :smile:

Guess you're right, just can't help but feel I'd be a lot happier if I just knew. I've always been so impatient.
Reply 3016
ok, thanks :smile:
Original post by KS5
Conditional offer for Accounting and Finance :smile:

Me Too! :biggrin: Really Didn't Think I Was Going To Get An Offer Congrats Btw! :smile:
Reply 3018
Original post by Bubble.Gum
Me Too! :biggrin: Really Didn't Think I Was Going To Get An Offer Congrats Btw! :smile:

Ohh, congrats :smile: and thanks :smile:
I didn't either! Glad that I've got it though!
You going to put Durham as your firm?
Original post by Noodlzzz
I want to visit there first, but probably yes. Is it for you?

same, i have yet to look round as i didn't think i was going to get an offer so didn't go on the last open day!