The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by laurencebaker1
3 in one week? O.o

getting them was great but they were Dec 2nd, 8th and 9th-bad snow didn't help either! last year I had 3 but spread out from end of Feb to end of March.
Original post by conorcd
getting them was great but they were Dec 2nd, 8th and 9th-bad snow didn't help either! last year I had 3 but spread out from end of Feb to end of March.

Not many people have 6 interviews for med school in their lives... you must have something golden in your personal statement :smile:) better luck for this year.
Reply 282
Original post by conorcd
don't know my score. ukcat was 682.5. think I did ok but my brain was all over the place o possibly was terrible! wish I'd spent longer on the q they put on website. I had 3 interviews in one week so spread myself too thin.

So do they actually ask some of the questions published on the website? Also does the sample questions actually help a lot? I've been through them, but just want to make sure it is actually worth it. Thanks!
Original post by Gowrav
So do they actually ask some of the questions published on the website? Also does the sample questions actually help a lot? I've been through them, but just want to make sure it is actually worth it. Thanks!

Hey. To answer your question, as far as I know they don't ask the exact questions published on the site (they didn't on my interview day, but this may depend on what they choose on the day). But I definitely thought the questions on the site were useful and worth having a quick look at. Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 284
Original post by laurencebaker1
Not many people have 6 interviews for med school in their lives... you must have something golden in your personal statement :smile:) better luck for this year.

just lucky on ukcat. my score isn't amazing but it got me the newcastle, durham and manch interviews. just scraped in for Leeds as was interviewed second last day of interviews and HYMS let me apply as a resitter due to ukcat and GCSE results. have been very lucky.
Reply 285
Original post by Gowrav

not exactly but they make you think about each area. wish I'd spent longer on them
Reply 286
Do i have to bring my certificates with me? Cause I had to in my other interview, not sure about this one.
Reply 287
Original post by Gowrav
Do i have to bring my certificates with me? Cause I had to in my other interview, not sure about this one.

no certificates just proof of id. good luck.
Reply 288
Original post by Gowrav

is your interview tomorrow? mine is, 12 til 16.30 i am so so nervous!!
Reply 289
Original post by sy091392

Yep, 9-12. I'm not nervous now, will be tomorrow though.
Reply 290

Haha I'll see you tomorrow :wink:
Reply 291
had my interview on Saturday, anyone who has one yet to come should know its a very nice friendly interview :smile:
Reply 292
did anyone got a reply from their interviews?Is everyone going to take offers/rejections in the same day? or the very unsuccesfull interviews will get the rejection sooner??
Reply 293
I had my interview on the first interview date and haven't heard anything but they said we wouldn't until the end of February so i'm guessing they will let everyone know about offers / rejections around then
Reply 294
They said we'd hear by the end of February, so im guessing we'l all find out at the same time! Getting a bit nervy now, have a feeling for the 3rd (or 4th) of Feb! *crosses fingers*
Reply 295
Original post by andioula
did anyone got a reply from their interviews?Is everyone going to take offers/rejections in the same day? or the very unsuccesfull interviews will get the rejection sooner??

they score our personal statement out of 50 our ukcat out of 10 then give interviews to the top 600 scorers. they then score our interview out of 50 to give us all a score out of 110, then order us in order of best to worst and make offers to the 290 top scorers....because of this method they can't announce who has got in until they have interviewed all 600 interviewees and the last interview date is 29th january.
they promised to have replied to everyone by end of feb at the latest so any time between 30th jan and 28th feb is a possibility, but defo not before :smile:
Reply 296
Original post by Rob16
They said we'd hear by the end of February, so im guessing we'l all find out at the same time! Getting a bit nervy now, have a feeling for the 3rd (or 4th) of Feb! *crosses fingers*

i love those feelings!! i had a feeling ages ago i'd hear from somewhere on my bday any sure enough hmys emailed giving me an interview on my bday. then i thought yeah i bet the next uni doesnt get back to me til the week after the hyms interview, and sure enough my interiew was last saturday and another uni replied last wednesday!! i hope your intuitive feeling is accurate too and its good news :smile:
Reply 297
they score our personal statement out of 50 our ukcat out of 10 then give interviews to the top 600 scorers. they then score our interview out of 50 to give us all a score out of 110, then order us in order of best to worst and make offers to the 290 top scorers....because of this method they can't announce who has got in until they have interviewed all 600 interviewees and the last interview date is 29th january.
they promised to have replied to everyone by end of feb at the latest so any time between 30th jan and 28th feb is a possibility, but defo not before :smile:

mmmhmm... i'll sleep for the rest 4 days... and then i will be waiting for my damn inbox to have something.. thanks anyway!:smile:
Hey,

I was just looking through their sample questions and one of them is

A friend tells you he feels bad because his family has always cheated to obtain extra benefits. How would you respond?

Benefit scams are obviously illegal but would the interviewers expect you to say you'd report them if you'd exhausted all alternatives? Because I really can't imagine doing that... What if it was a friend stealing supplies from a hospital, obviously you'd have to report them then but in this situation?

Could do with some help, thanks!
Reply 299
Original post by Bobs Your Teapot
Hey,

I was just looking through their sample questions and one of them is

Benefit scams are obviously illegal but would the interviewers expect you to say you'd report them if you'd exhausted all alternatives? Because I really can't imagine doing that... What if it was a friend stealing supplies from a hospital, obviously you'd have to report them then but in this situation?

Could do with some help, thanks!

I'd tell friend that he is not to blame for what his family do and that he should encourage them to stop. think you could also talk about confidentiality but say you would have to report it if they/he didn't as drs can't ignore people breaking the law. though you aren't a dr, you're meant to behave as if you are.
My grandad was a policeman and he refused to go to any parties as every time he went to one he either saw people taking drugs or with pirate dvds/ booze. he had to report it o r he could lose his job but he'd warn them he was about to and then leave. he lost a lot of friends!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending