The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goldlock
So they've already begun with the decisions for Econ.? That just made me nervous
because I applied for L100 and so have probs been rejected or outright offered a place - really hoping for the latter!

Did you apply to all the same unis as me or something? :P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 921
Original post by luckylucifer
Did you apply to all the same unis as me or something? :P

It's pretty close :smile: going by your sig, we're matched on LSE, Nottingham obvs. and King's - though I'm annoyed that didn't work out - at least they were nice enough to pool you :P
Have you applied for pure Economics at each of the unis?
Original post by goldlock
It's pretty close :smile: going by your sig, we're matched on LSE, Nottingham obvs. and King's - though I'm annoyed that didn't work out - at least they were nice enough to pool you :P
Have you applied for pure Economics at each of the unis?

Awesome :awesome: Yep, pure Economics everywhere :smile: you?
Conditional Offer for French Studies :biggrin:
Reply 924
Awesome :awesome: Yep, pure Economics everywhere :smile: you?

Yeah exactly the same, L100 for all :smile: except LSE actually, no idea why they call
it L101 - I've been pooled for them actually, if you can call it that, I'm pretty nervous
for them :s-smilie:
Reply 925
Original post by uxa595
Accounting and Finance courses, and Finance, accounting and management at nottingham.
Good luck.

Seems i will be applying next yr :frown:
I don't know but i haven't got any replied and with a ABB prediction, i can't see myself getting many.

Naah don't worry about it dude, someone on this forum got an ABB offer for Finance, Accounting and Management at Nottingham just weeks ago. So you're defo in with a chance. G'luck.
Got an email today from the admissions tutor saying that she can't offer me a place for L100 Economics but if I would consider doing L140 Economics and Econometrics, she would be able to give me an offer straight away :biggrin: It's the same course but with more compulsory modules in Econometrics, which I would probably have chosen anyway so it's all good :smile:

Original post by Michael_4180
Yeah so did I. I wasn't too pleased about being rejected for L100 economics ( fourth so far), but I guess L140 Economics and Econometrics is pretty similar.

Hey what grades did you guys get? Did they specify why they put you on L140 over L100?
Reply 927
Original post by x-Saffire-x
Thanks! Studying natural science...what are you studying?

They offered me Classics but told me if I want they'll transfer the offer to the science foundation course because I hadn't seen the foundation course when I applied and my grades well exceeded the typical offer. All my other 4 choices were Dentitsry with foundation year but haven't heard back from 2 and rejected from the others! I'll probably do biomedical after the foundation year and then dentistry :smile:

Have you checked out the accommodation; I like the look of nightingale but I think it will be pricey! I want self catered and the campus accommodation seems to me all catered with no kitchen!
Reply 928
Original post by Linda.Duong

Haha! Me too, was staring at the screen thinking I was seeing things haha
Ooo.. Loughborough looks sooo nice, was thinking of applying, but for some reason i didn't..
Fingers crossed you get an offer from them !
I'm just waiting on Newcastle to get back to me, same situation as you, if they give me a place it's out of Newcastle and Nottingham, if not Nottingham it is :biggrin:

Haha :tongue:
Are you planning to going on that Open Day thing for students, if Nottingham does one? I don't know about them doing one yet but my other Universities are.... What other universities are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 929
Natsci Biological
AAA offer for Nottingham (probably BCM pathway) but can't go to any open days because I'm not in the UK for them. Visited the campus in the summer though, because my brother is at Nottingham (graduates this summer)
Original post by karunada
Haha :tongue:
Are you planning to going on that Open Day thing for students, if Nottingham does one? I don't know about them doing one yet but my other Universities are.... What other universities are you applying to? :smile:

Erm.. I'm thinking about it, since I haven't actually been to any open day for any universities haha
Ohh, they do have some open days, they'll send it to you with the confirmation letter thingy-me-bob
Erm, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield and Bangor
You?
Reply 931

Erm.. I'm thinking about it, since I haven't actually been to any open day for any universities haha
Ohh, they do have some open days, they'll send it to you with the confirmation letter thingy-me-bob
Erm, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield and Bangor
You?

Applied to Nottingham, Loughborough, Sussex, East Anglia and Oxford Brookes :smile: Haha... Go to Nottingham for definite... as in to check it out :smile:! I fell in love with it at first sight.. The accomodations aren't amazing but there's this group of flats that is! :smile:
Reply 932
Original post by yahyahyahs
My friend just got an unconditional from Notts for Nursing. And she hasn't even done her A2s yet!

Because the entry requirements for Nursing Diploma are 5 GCSEs (Maths etc) and recent evidence of A level study. After 2 years of diploma you transfer to degree programme if you progress satisfactorily. The main requirement is evidence of work experience and knowledge of subject. In 2012 they're moving to degree entry only which will require A levels. Similar unis are requesting BBB/BBC for degree entry.
This is great news for me. I have an interview for Child Nursing next month and I was really expecting any offer to include decent A level grades. Any idea how long your friend waited after interview before being made an offer? Also which branch did they apply for (Child/Mental/Adult)?
Reply 933
Original post by BenBW
I'm still waiting for an acknowledgement from Notts for Nursing... =(

Have you heard anything yet? Which branch are you going for?
Original post by LornaSandison1
I applied for Law with Spanish and Spanish Law. Nottingham operate a gathered field, which means that we might not hear until as late as the end of February. Good luck :smile:

Where else have you heard from by the way? Is Notts your top choice?

I'm not sure what my choices are, but so far I have offers from Warwick, Durham and York (the last two are for straight Law) and I was rejected from Oxford. Would Notts be your firm? And where else have you applied?
Reply 935
Original post by catalina18

I'm not sure what my choices are, but so far I have offers from Warwick, Durham and York (the last two are for straight Law) and I was rejected from Oxford. Would Notts be your firm? And where else have you applied?

You have an offer from the course Law and Sociology of Warwick?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by thesnowman
Hey what grades did you guys get? Did they specify why they put you on L140 over L100?

She said she couldn't offer me a place on L100 but she was writing to a few people who were strong at Maths to put them on L140 :/
Original post by glf2110
Because the entry requirements for Nursing Diploma are 5 GCSEs (Maths etc) and recent evidence of A level study. After 2 years of diploma you transfer to degree programme if you progress satisfactorily. The main requirement is evidence of work experience and knowledge of subject. In 2012 they're moving to degree entry only which will require A levels. Similar unis are requesting BBB/BBC for degree entry.
This is great news for me. I have an interview for Child Nursing next month and I was really expecting any offer to include decent A level grades. Any idea how long your friend waited after interview before being made an offer? Also which branch did they apply for (Child/Mental/Adult)?

She got the unconditional for BSc Nursing, not the diploma. And I think it was about a week.
Reply 938
Original post by yahyahyahs
She got the unconditional for BSc Nursing, not the diploma. And I think it was about a week.

Original post by jimmy_law
You have an offer from the course Law and Sociology of Warwick?

My offer from Warwick is for European Law, the French stream. Do you have one for Law and Sociology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending