The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Delete three of your posts and I might respond properly.

sorry!! theres something wrong with my laptop.. didnt realise i had posted it 3 times!!
Original post by moonsailorkitten
sorry!! theres something wrong with my laptop.. didnt realise i had posted it 3 times!!

Yeah, lots of people have offers from UCL and LSE. Well not 'lots', but there have been quite a few. I have personally heard from neither yet.

Getting rejected from KCL doesn't necessarily mean you have any less chance at UCL/LSE. I don't know what else to say, just try not to let it get you down, and remember even if something terrible happened - which it won't - and you didn't get into your others you already have a place at a good uni.
And if you wouldn't be happy with it, you could always just reapply.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Oh really? I had been considering applying to Harvard for postgrad but was kinda deterred by the all the admissions criteria. Might just end up staying in Cambridge for postgrad then.

How do you know so much btw?!?!

The advantage of a US LLM, on the other hand, would be the ability to practice law in some states (CA and NY being the most notable).

haha idk, probably bc I live here. I've taken a class at one of the big law schools here, which gave me quite a bit of insight into the academic options within law. I've also worked a mix of part time and full time jobs in law firms over the past few years, so that probably helped as well haha.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yeah, lots of people have offers from UCL and LSE. Well not 'lots', but there have been quite a few. I have personally heard from neither yet.

Getting rejected from KCL doesn't necessarily mean you have any less chance at UCL/LSE. I don't know what else to say, just try not to let it get you down, and remember even if something terrible happened - which it won't - and you didn't get into your others you already have a place at a good uni.
And if you wouldn't be happy with it, you could always just reapply.

ok, thanx !! I recon my lnat might have been rlly poor or something .. luckily LSE/Queen mary dont require it
Original post by Mann18
Hey, it doesn't hurt to look at things now :p:

The BCL at Oxford is what I'd really like to do as well, but I'm not sure of how competitive that is either, and as you say, 4 years from now, we may decide we don't want to stay in academia for a moment longer :p:

Didn't know that about US LSs either, hmm, makes things a little less of a gamble.

Completely depends on your goals. If you're going for academia, there are some LLMs tailored for that track--Yale being the most notable (but they only take on 20 pple a yr). Harvard takes a pretty sizable LLM class, most just take standard JD classes. A couple will go on the academia tracks. If you want to work in the US though, it would be a good option.

Interestingly, if you break down the LLM programs by starting salary and admissions numbers--Columbia, NYU, Penn and Cornell outrank Harvard.
Reply 1685
Original post by EDW1N
Ah, that old chestnut! Put it this way: Durham ask for what, AAA at A2? Then they ask for AAA at Advanced Higher. It doesn't take an Oxonian comedian and genius such as yourself to work out the obvious implication. They're placing them on a similar par which, trust me, they most certainly are not. Do you have to submit a dissertation for each subject at higher? Do your exam boards make the number of candidates attaining A's as rare as possible? Do you really think they're equal? Even Scottish universities have had the brains to publicly acknowledge the difference between A levels and AH's. While your point would have a certain amount of validity if it was a level playing field it clearly isn't one.

Hi, sorry to butt in, but just wanted to say I know where you're coming from. Different universities just believe different things are equivalent to the AAA or A*AA at A-levels and often don't realise how much tougher it is to get what they believe is equivalent. But if they have the demand, they can manage to upset a few people! We'll just have to try our best :redface:
Reply 1686
hi! hi.

I am applying fot Law as an undergraduate student. I am applying for Queen Mary, Kings College, UCL, LSE and Leeds(conditional offer)

However, today I was shattered to find that I had been rejected from Kings College!! I litereally started crying! They sent me this mail as well: "thank you for your application to King's College London. Your application has now been carefully considered. Whilst you meet the entrance requirements for the programme, applications are considered in a competitive environment. We have received many applications this year and due to the competition for places have had to disappoint many candidates. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.

May we take this opportunity to wish you every success with future applications`

i am soooo sad now.. Is there any chance I´ll be accepted to UCL, Queen Mary or LSE? My dream is to get into LSE!!

Btw, I am a Swedish girl who has been living in the Uk for 2 yrs to do A-levels. I do economics, religious studies and psychology and am predicted AAA* (A* in RS). Also, I achieved 8 in my ILETS test.

Anyone heard from UCL or LSE yet?

xxxxxx

sorry to hear that you have rejected by KCL, I am also waiting for UCL and KCL, probably my rejection is on the way:frown:

May I ask, when did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 1687
Just been rejected from Durham. I hate my life.
Original post by kylee
sorry to hear that you have rejected by KCL, I am also waiting for UCL and KCL, probably my rejection is on the way:frown:

May I ask, when did you send off your UCAS?

I sent my application off the 20th of November , so i've been waiting a while
Reply 1689
Thought I might as well add this to the thread!

Oxford (unsuccessful) :eviltongue:
UCL (offer AAA)
KCL(offer AAA)
Birmingham(offer AAA)
Exeter- SC (offer AAA)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1690
hi! hi.

I am applying fot Law as an undergraduate student. I am applying for Queen Mary, Kings College, UCL, LSE and Leeds(conditional offer)

However, today I was shattered to find that I had been rejected from Kings College!! I litereally started crying! They sent me this mail as well: "thank you for your application to King's College London. Your application has now been carefully considered. Whilst you meet the entrance requirements for the programme, applications are considered in a competitive environment. We have received many applications this year and due to the competition for places have had to disappoint many candidates. Therefore, I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful in obtaining a place on the programme.

May we take this opportunity to wish you every success with future applications`

i am soooo sad now.. Is there any chance I´ll be accepted to UCL, Queen Mary or LSE? My dream is to get into LSE!!

Btw, I am a Swedish girl who has been living in the Uk for 2 yrs to do A-levels. I do economics, religious studies and psychology and am predicted AAA* (A* in RS). Also, I achieved 8 in my ILETS test.

xxxxxx

Sorry to hear that.

Keep optimistic!

I am sure you'll get offers from other great unis.
Reply 1691
University: Durham
Offer Received: 21st January
UCAS Sent: 14th October
LNAT: 13th December
Offer: AAA

TOO HAPPY!!! :O
Reply 1692
hi! hi.

xxxxxx

You have 4 our of 5 choices which are the same as mine, instead of leeds I applied to kent.
I got rejected by KCL too a few days ago and their message was identical to yours x). I havent heard about UCL or Queen Mary either. But luckily got an offer from LSE a week ago. So see? well King's and LSE apparently have different tastes in applicants XD, I mean they look for different kinds of individuals.
Don't worry and be patient. Good luck! I have to admit though that I think our 4 choices are very risky..
Reply 1693
Original post by mc13177

UCL (offer AAA)
KCL(offer AAA)
Birmingham(offer AAA)
Exeter- CC (offer AAA)

cornwall campus gave you an AAA offer? ouch.
Original post by AmiB
Just been rejected from Durham. I hate my life.

:hugs:

I know how much you wanted to go there but you still have offers from other good unis so chin up! Besides, Durham is incredibly competitive so there's no need to feel terrible about yourself.

:smile:
:hugs:

I know how much you wanted to go there but you still have offers from other good unis so chin up! Besides, Durham is incredibly competitive so there's no need to feel terrible about yourself.

:smile:

Why would somebody neg rep this post :s-smilie:?

To make up for it, have some of my mighty green :cool:.
Original post by mc13177

UCL (offer AAA)
KCL(offer AAA)
Birmingham(offer AAA)
Exeter- CC (offer AAA)

CC AAA? Dayym. Their offers only range from AAB-ABB - or so i thought :eek:
Original post by Cast.Iron
Why would somebody neg rep this post :s-smilie:?

To make up for it, have some of my mighty green :cool:.

People neg rep for stupid reasons. :frown:

I would rep you back, but I've apparently exceeded my limit. Remind me to return it to you.

Btw, have you got any notifications of FB saying that I've posted your pic on someone elses wall? :ninja:
People neg rep for stupid reasons. :frown:

I would rep you back, but I've apparently exceeded my limit. Remind me to return it to you.

Btw, have you got any notifications of FB saying that I've posted your pic on someone elses wall? :ninja:

Indeed.

Pfft, as long as I'm not red, the amount of green squares I have next to my username does not bother me.

I have not :holmes:. Now illuminate me... or face the consequences :colone:.

EDIT: Lol at that post getting negged too!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cast.Iron

I have not :holmes:. Now illuminate me... or face the consequences :colone:.

Phew!! :woo:

Remember hot girl from my interview? When I found out that she got an offer I got a bit excited and showed one of my friends her picture on FB. Now, she had been talking to me on FB beforehand, but after I posted the picture on my friend's wall she mysteriously stopped. I thought that I'd shot myself in the foot before meeting her by coming off as creepy.

Would have been good for your plan, but thankfully she doesn't know! :danceboy:

Latest

Trending

Trending