The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by kitkatee
College: Downing
Course: English
Conditions: A*AA, must include English Literature and two of History, Religious Studies or Art and Design

I got a call a few days ago to say I'd been offered a place, but it feels much more real now UCAS has updated :biggrin:

Downing :cool:
Can I ask which email you sent confirmation of your acceptance to (if you have)?
Original post by Amy Luo
but my ucas hasnt been updated yet..

Neither has mine. Just email them letting them know that you plan to firm them.

PS: There are three dots in an ellipsis. Sorry, pet hate :colondollar:.
Reply 882
Original post by Cast.Iron
Neither has mine. Just email them letting them know that you plan to firm them.

PS: There are three dots in an ellipsis. Sorry, pet hate :colondollar:.

will now be too late? is there any posibility that if you dont reply to them SOON, you would lose the offer?
Original post by Amy Luo
will now be too late? is there any posibility that if you dont reply to them SOON, you would lose the offer?

It goes without saying that I am not an authority on the matter, though I sincerely doubt that it would be too late. Indeed, emailing them isn't strictly necessary.

You would not lose the offer, it has already been given to you by letter. Surely, by them saying that they will update UCAS in the next couple of weeks, they are entering into a contract to do that very thing?

And no, writing back to them personally is not a condition of the contract, as it is only said that they would be 'grateful', not that it is 'essential.'

I could be wrong though, but that's unlikely. I think that you're getting stressed over nothing. Just tell them that you have been pre-occupied with January examinations.
Reply 884
Original post by Cast.Iron
It goes without saying that I am not an authority on the matter, though I sincerely doubt that it would be too late. Indeed, emailing them isn't strictly necessary.

You would not lose the offer, it has already been given to you by letter. Surely, by them saying that they will update UCAS in the next couple of weeks, they are entering into a contract to do that very thing?

And no, writing back to them personally is not a condition of the contract, as it is only said that they would be 'grateful', not that it is 'essential.'

I could be wrong though, but that's unlikely. I think that you're getting stressed over nothing. Just tell them that you have been pre-occupied with January examinations.

Thank you for your info.
I'll call them on monday to see what happen:colondollar:
Reply 885
Original post by Schnecke
Downing :cool:
Can I ask which email you sent confirmation of your acceptance to (if you have)?

I haven't yet sent a confirmation, but there's an email address at the bottom of my letter, so I'll probably send it to that one :biggrin:
Reply 886
has anyone already firmed Cambridge on ucas? im tempting to do so but i still dont have an insurance yet..
Reply 887
Original post by Amy Luo
I am so reckless! I've already sent them an email as well as a letter it's a saturday:frown:
The offer was made on 10th but i got the letter on 15th. Is now very late to tell them? they said: i will be very grateful if you would write to me soon with your decision; you must in any case respond to UCAS by the date specified in their formal notification.
but my ucas hasn't been changed yet.

Don't call them as well. They'll think you're obsessed if you e-mail, write and call them to tell them you're accepting the offer! Just leave it as it is. Also, that's on every letter, it's a standard thing at the bottom, I shouldn't worry about it.
Original post by Andre09
has anyone already firmed Cambridge on ucas? im tempting to do so but i still dont have an insurance yet..

I'm really really tempted to just firm and end my UCAS now.
I log into track every once in a while, stare at it for a while, and then bitch out :tongue:
Reply 889
Original post by kitkatee
I haven't yet sent a confirmation, but there's an email address at the bottom of my letter, so I'll probably send it to that one :biggrin:

Yeah I just was about to do that, and then I noticed there are two different email addresses on the letter, one on the front and one on the back. I'm gonna go for the Senior-Tutor one. Seems more :awesome:
I've firmed Cambridge as I already have insurance - York AB.
Original post by maka9
Yep! So that's great, Law93 and I have already met then! :smile: How many Magdalene Law people are actually on here then?!

I have an offer for Law at Magdalene ! My interview was on the 7th!
What are everybodys offers mine is A*A*A
Original post by lawapplicant1

Congratulations!

I have also received an offer to read for a Law degree. My offer is A*AAB.
Original post by lawapplicant1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:
Mine's A*AA :smile:

And my interview was also on the seventh!

edit: are you one of the 4 magdalene lawyers on my fb? Who are you? :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 894
Hi,

I have received an offer to study Engineering from both Cambridge and Imperial (Electrical). The offer is the same to get an A in Further Maths. The difference is that Cambridge requires me to get a gap year. When I will graduate school I will be 17 years old.
I need your advise what to choose.
Imperial starting October 2011 ( I will be 17 years old) or Cambridge starting October 2012 (I will be 18 years old)?
Reply 895
Offer for Education with English at Homerton. It's conditional.
Any other irish applicants who received offers?
Original post by Andre09

Same here! My insurance actually rejected me haha, so I'm kinda stuck for what to do there... :tongue:

Original post by dwalsh20
Offer for Education with English at Homerton. It's conditional.
Any other irish applicants who received offers?

Northern irish :smile:
I'm for MML at St John's :biggrin:
Reply 897
Northern irish :smile:
I'm for MML at St John's :biggrin:

Well done! Is it conditional?
The reason I asked is because the irish system s so different to the uk one. We take seven subjects,just received my conditions and it's a big ask. Hopefully if I work really hard,iy will pay off but it means some major swatting for the next few months.
Original post by dwalsh20

Well done! Is it conditional?
The reason I asked is because the irish system s so different to the uk one. We take seven subjects,just received my conditions and it's a big ask. Hopefully if I work really hard,iy will pay off but it means some major swatting for the next few months.

It is indeed - A*AA, A* in French (I'm doing A Levels)
As ignorant as it makes me sound, I actually know very little about the Irish system - how did they make your offer then - what are your requirements?
Haha, I'll be swotting non stop too - it would be the worst thing in the world to be made an offer from Cambridge and then not get the grades! :s-smilie:
Reply 899
Original post by kyriakop
Hi,

I have received an offer to study Engineering from both Cambridge and Imperial (Electrical). The offer is the same to get an A in Further Maths. The difference is that Cambridge requires me to get a gap year. When I will graduate school I will be 17 years old.
I need your advise what to choose.
Imperial starting October 2011 ( I will be 17 years old) or Cambridge starting October 2012 (I will be 18 years old)?

hey, first of all congrats on both of your offers! and second i dont think age matters a lot (welll for me i will start at the age of 19 this year, given that i meet my offer), but anyways it really depends on which uni you like the most, and if you do choose cambridge, also think about whether you can spend the gap year well and productively, personally i would choose Cambridge because im not sure if i will like to spend 3 years in london! but of course i am biased :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending