The Student Room Group

CSM Portfolio 2010 Entry

Hi.

I've got a portfolio assessment at CSM on the 27th January. Does anyone know what their looking for? This has been my dream since I was young. Please!!!!
Reply 1
hi,
i have a portfolio review on that day too! is it for the art & design foundation or a degree course?
i have been told by my college teacher to put loads of examples of different media/instillation work and print things like etchings/lino prints. i think they are pretty keen on drawings from life too but if you didn't have any of those you could knock them up pretty quickly i reckon in a sketchbook.
i am verrrrrrry excited for Wednesday but abit nervous, and busy with all the work!
i hope you get in though!
Georgia
Reply 2
I've got one the day after before that too - on the 26th. The info on their website that they link you to in the email with the 'invite' is pretty helpful, just look at that closely :smile: it's so nerve wracking! Good luck everyone!
I go there now
They seem to love ideas-ideas being the foundation of design.
And they like that you can use a range of medium, nicely polished of, to communicate/produce whatever your trying to show.
Whats the interview/review for-subject wise?
Original post by Allypally54321
I go there now
They seem to love ideas-ideas being the foundation of design.
And they like that you can use a range of medium, nicely polished of, to communicate/produce whatever your trying to show.
Whats the interview/review for-subject wise?

I have a project im doing atm but its not fully finished should i put it in?
Original post by tiffanychan1992
I have a project im doing atm but its not fully finished should i put it in?

Hey
Yeah you should put it in. It looks good and if you get an interview it's becomes a good place for discussion. As long as it relates to what you've applied for, and you like it etc etc...then put t in :smile:
Hey
Yeah you should put it in. It looks good and if you get an interview it's becomes a good place for discussion. As long as it relates to what you've applied for, and you like it etc etc...then put t in :smile:

Thanks! i have a portfolio review for a foundation on wednesday and working mad over this weekend to get everything annotated and a final check of everything....its coming to the point of where i am getting tiered of looking at my work hahaha... must take a break after the review to freshen up my mind :P
Original post by tiffanychan1992
Thanks! i have a portfolio review for a foundation on wednesday and working mad over this weekend to get everything annotated and a final check of everything....its coming to the point of where i am getting tiered of looking at my work hahaha... must take a break after the review to freshen up my mind :P

No problem :smile:.
Yeahh haha, I was the same. It does get irritating/frustrating....but as i'm sure you know, well worth it :biggrin:.
Well anywayy, if you need more help or anything-just imbox me or something :smile:

No problem :smile:.
Yeahh haha, I was the same. It does get irritating/frustrating....but as i'm sure you know, well worth it :biggrin:.
Well anywayy, if you need more help or anything-just imbox me or something :smile:

thank!
i do have one question. like i said i have my current project that is not finished. how should i label it?
Current project? Unfinished?
x
label it unfinished definatly. then during the interview- if it is an inteview, it could lead to a discussion about what you're planning to do next etc
How did the inspection go?

"... If you arrive late you can leave your portfolio for review but you will not be allowed to set out or display your work."

how did you/others go about setting out/displaying your work?

heard back?

ta.
Anyone heard back yet?!
Nope -.-

Quick Reply

Latest