The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RNBen
However, his amount of completed passes is far superior to any of the other QBs mentioned (after averaging out how many these QBs would have made after 20 years in the game). Favre is in no way an 'above average' QB. You mention how his int. rate should go down as you get older, however his best season (rating wise) was the 09/10 season, in which he only threw 7 interceptions over a period of 16 games.

We can argue all day about interceptions, however one must also consider the offense's part in interceptions also, for example, at the Jets he threw 22 interceptions, ridiculously high, but the Jets offensive line was pretty poor.

Yeah I can accept that, but in 09/10 he also had his best surrounding cast. An amazing o-line, AP in the back field to complement the pass and Sidney Rice/Shiancoe /Berrian/Harvin to catch balls.

I would say that was an anomaly. Generally his finished his career worse than he started.
Original post by RabbitCFH
Examples?

Dude I'm sorry. I don't like Matthews as a player either. He is extremely talented and I would love him on the Pats, but he is a douchebag.
Original post by amiparanoid
I know very little about American Football. But it's a nailed-on Packers/Steelers Superbowl, no?
The Jets seem to have scraped through both games based on their Defensive coverage, and the Steelers' defense (with a fit Polamalu) must take advantage of the Jets' offensive weaknesses.
Similarly, the Bears only just beat a very average Seahawks team; Rodgers, on the other hand, seems to be getting better and better.

Also, Brady for MVP/ Bradford for Rookie MVP? As I understand it, Brady's pretty obvious. Bradford, by the looks of it, has dragged a shocking offense through a season single-handedly.

Yes, I'm writing this just to sub, but I thought i'd ask some people who know more than me.

Pretty much spot on mate.

Except the Superbowl race is very open. I wouldn't call it a 'nail on', but I expect a Packers/Steelers SB too.
Original post by Allie-23
JETS JETS JETS . . . (and the steelers)

ewww.
Original post by Mann18
Pfft.

Manning> Brady> Rodgers> Vick > Brees.

That's right, I said it.

Ok instead of us just stating a point, tell me why Manning is better?

And although I disagree with Rodgers>Vick>Brees (more like Brees>Rodgers>Vick), they are all pretty close so I'm not going to kick up a fuss.
Original post by S129439
ewww.

what's your team then?
what's your team then?

Patriots :frown:
Original post by S129439
Patriots :frown:

eww whyyy :s-smilie:
eww whyyy :s-smilie:

Because we have an awesome:

Coach
Quarterback
Running back tandem
WR core
Young Defense
Uniform
Home Stadium
History
Owner
Logo
Future
Reply 570
Thank god the main game is the early KO tomorrow, got an exam on Monday morning so really didn't want to stay up until 3 to watch the Bears destroy the Packers.

Will catch the Jets game on the highlight reel probably.
Reply 571
Original post by S129439

Coach
Quarterback
Running back tandem
WR core
Young Defense
Uniform
Home Stadium
History
Owner
Logo
Future

Original post by RNBen

Bleurgh! Man he creeps me out!
Reply 573
Hey, thought i'd join the thread.
Which team did you ask... :angelwings:Eagles:angelwings:
:lttd:
Original post by S129439

Coach
Quarterback
Running back tandem
WR core
Young Defense
Uniform
Home Stadium
History
Owner
Logo
Future

I have been noticing people saying this a lot and I really want to tell them that they aren't on the team. lol. People seem to think they are on their fav teams sometimes.

(I don't list for why I like the Jet's. I am from New Jersey, so thats my reason)
Original post by Don. INC
Hey, thought i'd join the thread.
Which team did you ask... :angelwings:Eagles:angelwings:
:lttd:

Gutted about the early exit. The Eagles were the 2nd best team at one point :L
I have been noticing people saying this a lot and I really want to tell them that they aren't on the team. lol. People seem to think they are on their fav teams sometimes.

(I don't list for why I like the Jet's. I am from New Jersey, so thats my reason)

I say we because a team only exists because of the fans :wink:

And that's a pretty good reason :L
Original post by S129439

Coach
Quarterback
Running back tandem
WR core
Young Defense
Uniform
Home Stadium
History
Owner
Logo
Future

Sound like a right glory boy.
Reply 578
Original post by S129439
Gutted about the early exit. The Eagles were the 2nd best team at one point :L

Yeah I know, but still next season to look forward to...
And what did you mean by 2ND BEST???
Original post by TSR-MATT
Sound like a right glory boy.

Well I'm not. We haven't always been that way. I support us win or lose. Since I started supporting the Patriots they have won nothing.

Latest