The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don. INC
Yeah I know, but still next season to look forward to...
And what did you mean by 2ND BEST???

If you keep Vick (which I expect you too), you will do well next year. Perhaps a wildcard spot. I see the Giants taking the East.

And by second I mean at one point in the season they were a superior team to 30 NFL teams but inferior to one which means they were the second best team. Lolz :P
Reply 581
Original post by S129439
If you keep Vick (which I expect you too), you will do well next year. Perhaps a wildcard spot. I see the Giants taking the East.

And by second I mean at one point in the season they were a superior team to 30 NFL teams but inferior to one which means they were the second best team. Lolz :P

Wildcard?:mad:
I see us at least taking the NFC comfortably:wink:

What can I say, gotta aim high:tongue:

Edit: Is this thread only for NFL chat or does it include college football
(edited 13 years ago)

And I have no problem with you talking college football. I'm not aware of how 'up' on NCAA people on this thread are but I will rename it if I can. I don't know much about it, but I loosely follow Michigan Wolverines and Florida Gators.

Feel free to start the NCAA chat.

Original post by TSR-MATT
NFC?!

Vick has been exposed, he will never be the force he was at the beginning of the year.

And this^ is why the Eagles won't win the NFC East never mind the conference. Very good team, but 50% of Vick's productivity was that before week 4 nobody expected him to play more than 20 snaps the whole year. By the time he was a starter the chance to scheme him was pretty much gone.
I'm gonna ask another question. Does anyone see Tebow having a breakout season next year? I was impressed by him in college (and couldn't quite understand why he was drafted so low). Moreover, in the brief moments i've seen him for Denver, he seems to be defying the critics.
Original post by amiparanoid
I'm gonna ask another question. Does anyone see Tebow having a breakout season next year? I was impressed by him in college (and couldn't quite understand why he was drafted so low). Moreover, in the brief moments i've seen him for Denver, he seems to be defying the critics.

Tebow had bad mechanics and a high tendency to run in college which while successful there were not seen as transferable to the NFL. However his mechanics were not far off and he only needed a few changes to become pro-worthy.

As we have seen Denver was prepared to nurse him for a year and help him progress which turned into a few rushing TD's this year as well as a few passing. However he is throwing interceptions which is bad seeing as the number of snaps he is taking.

I don't think he will have a breakout year mainly because Kyle Orton is the starter and will be in September. While he has defied some critics so far, there is considerable doubt whether he will be a prime passer. Therefore I envisage him being traded in the next year or two (especially since Denver's o-coordinator, the guy who drafted Tebow, has been fired and replaced). He will end up in a new team like philly that will make use of a rushing attack over it's passing attack. But with the NFL being a passing league, there aren't too many of those teams around.
Reply 585
Original post by RNBen
watch the Bears destroy the Packers.

Other way round mate.
Reply 586

I'm not totally clued up about college football but I know a bit.

I'm thinking Andrew Luck should have entered the draft, I'm pretty sure he would have been the number 1 pick.
Where do you think Cam Newton will go?
Reply 587
Original post by kingkev
Other way round mate.

I like what you did there. Clever :tongue:
Orton is done in Denver.

He sucked and was benched in favour of Tebow, Tebow will be the starter in September.

His offensive co-ordinator has stayed on which provides continuity for Tebow which should make the off season much easier.

And I can promise you that there is absolutely no chance that Tebow is traded. One, because they have no one to replace him, two, the fans wouldn't bother showing up to the games, and three, Elway has already stated that he isn't up for trade.

Orton did not suck. A lot of Yards thrown and he was great at finding Brandon Lloyd.

I meant the head coach, sorry. Your right the o-coordinator is still there. My bad.

I don't think Elway has as much power as people would like to think he does.
Reply 589
Orton wasn't a bad for Denver, I wouldnt say he was ever a major cause of why they lost , Denver have far greater problems than who is under centre for them next year, whether its Tebow (most probable) or Orton. I don't really see who would trade for Tebow either, Josh McDaniels was a massive fan which is the only reason he was a first rounder but now hes got Sam Bradford who is a franchise QB when Tebow's a project at best
Original post by S129439
Dude I'm sorry. I don't like Matthews as a player either. He is extremely talented and I would love him on the Pats, but he is a douchebag.

Legend, i love you.

Original post by S129439
Ok instead of us just stating a point, tell me why Manning is better?

And although I disagree with Rodgers>Vick>Brees (more like Brees>Rodgers>Vick), they are all pretty close so I'm not going to kick up a fuss.

There's no way Manning comes close to Brady, he's just supporting his team's QB, althought admittedly we are, but the turth remains that Manning can't touch Brady.
Reply 591
Cromartie started talking **** about Hines Ward....I can't wait for Hines to outplay him on the field...I guess Revis will cover Wallace for most of the plays
Reply 592
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
There's no way Manning comes close to Brady, he's just supporting his team's QB, althought admittedly we are, but the turth remains that Manning can't touch Brady.

That's why Manning was voted the 8th best player in the NFL of all time and Brady 21st.
Reply 593
As the guaranteed number 1 pick I still don't understand why Luck decided to undergo one more year at Stanford.

We all saw what happened with Locker this year, he was considered the number 1 pick in 2010 and now he may struggle to break the top 15 and has cost himself an insane amount of money.

And as for Cam Newton, his stock will only rise in the coming few months. With his athletic ability some team will drool over his combine numbers and take a possible gamble on him in with at least a top 10 pick if not top 5.

Yeah i'm confused as well, they both just lost out on a whole heap of cash. I read that Luck wanted to complete his degree which is fair enough...but he's never going to use it.
Original post by kingkev
That's why Manning was voted the 8th best player in the NFL of all time and Brady 21st.

We are speaking currently.
Reply 595
Ok what teams does anyone want to get into the Superbowl this year?
I'm going for Steelers/Bears because i'm a Vikings fan, so obviously I dont want the Packers to get to Superbowl level, and the Steelers are my backup team/AFC team :smile:
Reply 596
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
We are speaking currently.

Ah okay, this season Manning has been alright but the Colts have been poor and Brady's had a great season.
Reply 597
Original post by thepilot
Ok what teams does anyone want to get into the Superbowl this year?
I'm going for Steelers/Bears because i'm a Vikings fan, so obviously I dont want the Packers to get to Superbowl level, and the Steelers are my backup team/AFC team :smile:

Packers for me.
Reply 598
Original post by S129439
Tebow had bad mechanics and a high tendency to run in college which while successful there were not seen as transferable to the NFL. However his mechanics were not far off and he only needed a few changes to become pro-worthy.

As we have seen Denver was prepared to nurse him for a year and help him progress which turned into a few rushing TD's this year as well as a few passing. However he is throwing interceptions which is bad seeing as the number of snaps he is taking.

I don't think he will have a breakout year mainly because Kyle Orton is the starter and will be in September. While he has defied some critics so far, there is considerable doubt whether he will be a prime passer. Therefore I envisage him being traded in the next year or two (especially since Denver's o-coordinator, the guy who drafted Tebow, has been fired and replaced). He will end up in a new team like philly that will make use of a rushing attack over it's passing attack. But with the NFL being a passing league, there aren't too many of those teams around.

FYI, I think you have enough interest to actually create the group you wanted to all those posts ago :p:
Original post by Mann18
FYI, I think you have enough interest to actually create the group you wanted to all those posts ago :p:

Or we can just leave it as it is and be one big happy family and try to max out the pages on this thread! Yay!

Latest