The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Kroosh
I have got an offer for Civil Engineering back in December. But I have also applied for Electrical Engineering, with no response yet. Is it possible that I can get two offers from Imperial, or is each student restricted to one offer?

Yes, you can get multiple offers :smile: onto the list you go!

Original post by ViralRiver
Thanks :smile: . C4 does look easier, but we haven't really touched integration yet, and I don't like vectors. C3 is insanely easy, but I can't do reflections in y=x (tips anyone?) xD . I've been getting 99% in all of my past papers recently so here's hoping I don't slip up ^^'.

Just to throw my opinion onto the heap here 18 hours after the fact, for a reflection around y=x you do know that you can just sub x in as y, and y in as x, right? i.e.
y=4x x=4y y=x/4
y=sin{2x} becomes x=sin{2y} thus y=\frac{sin^{-1}{x}}{2} (either of the last 2 can be drawn, the former is probably easier)

(sorry, the latex is broke)

EDIT

Original post by Mumbo
Cambridge reject reporting in
A*AA
A in AS FM

CompSci

Sorry, didn't see you there :biggrin: You're now on the murder-list as well :colone:

Anyway, that's my humongous post for the weekend done, now for two days of alcohol metal fun of any sort revision for D1 retake :facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Ahh didn't think of that, thanks :smile: . Just have to hope if there is an inverse function question, they give me the function itself xD .
Reply 482
Original post by nikita_atikin
:hugs: Yay more computer scientists! By the time it's October, I bet all of our course mates are going to be on TSR! :h:
Well done in your offer! Hopefully see you in October? Will you be firming? :smile:

Thanks, you too :tongue:
I was originally thinking of reapplying to Cambridge but I realise IC will be a great opportunity to pass up so I will firm it. See you in October :wink:
Original post by Mumbo
Thanks, you too :tongue:
I was originally thinking of reapplying to Cambridge but I realise IC will be a great opportunity to pass up so I will firm it. See you in October :wink:

True that :biggrin: IC is better than Cambs imo! See you in October too (if I can get the grades, my lax approach to physics is not gonna help if I want an A in it :s-smilie:)
Just got an offer for english.
Reply 485
HEY GUYS! I got an interview for imperial next week for mech eng.!! What do you think they will ask!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got an offer for english.

Yeah I know the feeling.
Imperial gave me an offer to study Potions and Transfiguration.
Offer is too high though :nothing:
Reply 487
I appended a separate list just for ViralRiver :wink:
Original post by roblee
I appended a separate list just for ViralRiver :wink:

You know Robbeh, I hope you understand that ViralRiver and I aren't joking when we say we've got offers to study English, Potions and Transfiguration.

Speaking on behalf of ViralRiver, I find that "fake offers" thing frankly quite insulting.
Reply 489
You know Robbeh, I hope you understand that ViralRiver and I aren't joking when we say we've got offers to study English, Potions and Transfiguration.

Speaking on behalf of ViralRiver, I find that "fake offers" thing frankly quite insulting.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you just can't pull wool over the greasy eyes of Severus Snape- remember he is in charge of JPT admissions, hence has the full list of applicants at his disposal :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
Sorry, but I'm afraid you just can't pull wool over the greasy eyes of Severus Snape- remember he is in charge of JPT admissions, hence has the full list of applicants at his disposal :ninja:

Oops... I was hoping to have Slughorn as my tutor but now that I've discovered that Snape is in charge of JPT admissions, :frown:
Yeah I know the feeling.
Imperial gave me an offer to study Potions and Transfiguration.
Offer is too high though :nothing:

Damn.. I was gonna apply for that but I heard you needed to do triple science at GCSE :"< .
And yes, I too find that quite insulting. I'll be speaking directly to Dumbled... oh wait :< .
Reply 493
And yes, I too find that quite insulting. I'll be speaking directly to Dumbled... oh wait :< .

Tut tut. :tongue:

Had an interview with Flitwick for Charms the other day...I hope I didn't bomb it (in his eyes anyway :biggrin:)
Reply 494
:teehee: I'm loving this Harry Potter talk!

Although, just to clarify :p: the last Harry Potter book was set around 1997/1998, so Snape can't possibly be the admission tutor if he is dead...I'm just saying...:biggrin:
Damn.. I was gonna apply for that but I heard you needed to do triple science at GCSE :&quot;&lt; .

Defense Against The Dark Arts admissions are the worst! :frown: If you don't have an A* in media studies at A Level, it's an automatic rejection.
You know how hard that is to get :frown:
I got instantly rejected.
Reply 496
For guys who had interview for mechanical engineering in imperial!

Could u guys give me some idea what would they ask me?

And is interview taking large part of selecting candidates?
Reply 497
Hows interview in imperial like guys!!!!???

Is it scary????? What would they ask for mechanical engineering??

I am taking math> further math< physics and economics! And have predicted grade of three a stars and a in economics!

Cuz i am really being impatient since they give no replies at all altho i applied end of nov!

Do you think they look more on interview or grades?
Original post by Davism
For guys who had interview for mechanical engineering in imperial!

Could u guys give me some idea what would they ask me?

And is interview taking large part of selecting candidates?

No one from mech eng has got any interviews or offers yet even though some people applied before the Oxbrdige deadline. :smile:
I think you'd be better off asking in the applicants thread because there are more mech engineers there. :smile:
Reply 499
No one from mech eng has got any interviews or offers yet even though some people applied before the Oxbrdige deadline. :smile:
I think you'd be better off asking in the applicants thread because there are more mech engineers there. :smile:

Mech Eng
:colone:
kboiz
meatzaper
wacky9873

:colondollar:

EDIT: Also, since that probably wasn't such a helpful post in retrospect, in response to Davism's question "is interview a large part of selecting candidates for Mech Eng?" For most subjects, yes it is. It would seem that they care most about your PS and interview performance, but obviously you need to be close to the required AS grades to be considered for a place. Their faculty website is well-presented (unlike at most unis), so maybe you could find some information there too.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending