The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
I think the Red Socks will win with a 3-pointer in the final quarter. Statistically their offence is dominant.
Original post by Inersha
I think the Red Socks will win with a 3-pointer in the final quarter. Statistically their offence is dominant.

lolz. baseball.
Original post by TSR-MATT
Well if I had the choice between $30 million and retiring at 23 or a job in engineering on a salary of $80,000 a year for the next 50 years, I know which one I'd be choosing.

Well that's you. Don't judge someone else because they aren't as money motivated as you. Not a single player is in the NFL just for money. Sure it's a huge bonus, but the best players the ones who love football and are motivated to achieve. You don't get enough commitment from a player who is in it for the money or they attention.
Original post by Mann18
It wouldn't prevent that, it'd just give us another area in which to chat.

I see your point I guess :p:

Right I have made it :biggrin: Moderators are looking at it at the moment so I will post again when it is accepted.
Reply 624
Original post by S129439
Right I have made it :biggrin: Moderators are looking at it at the moment so I will post again when it is accepted.

Dibs Jr-Jr Vice President.
Reply 625
I've been an NFL fan for about 5 years. Don't really have a team but I suppose I'll have to pick one soon as I'm going to uni in sept and want to play football there!! :smile:
Reply 626
Original post by TSR-MATT
Well if I had the choice between $30 million and retiring at 23 or a job in engineering on a salary of $80,000 a year for the next 50 years, I know which one I'd be choosing.

That's you.

Lots of people wouldn't drop out of university if they were offered a really well paying job (I wouldn't when I get there) a degree is worth more than just the money it garners you after you earn it.
Reply 627
Original post by jimbles
I've been an NFL fan for about 5 years. Don't really have a team but I suppose I'll have to pick one soon as I'm going to uni in sept and want to play football there!! :smile:

Where you going to uni? It is as clear as day in your sig. Thinking of trying out next year.
Reply 628
Original post by S129439

Which group? NCAA?
Reply 629
Original post by RNBen
Where you going to uni? It is as clear as day in your sig. Thinking of trying out next year.

Original post by jimbles

Any idea how competitive it is? My friend goes to Huddersfield, and he pretty much walked onto the team (not the most active guy either, and as a LB.)
I wouldn't mind being second string QB for a while, as I'm not good enough for starter. :moon:
Original post by RNBen
Which group? NCAA?

Just American football in General.
Reply 631
Original post by S129439
Those ratings were absolute BS. Both Manning and Brady were too high. No active player should be higher than 20 to be honest.

Really?
Manning hasn't benefitted from an extraordinary offence or fantastic coaching, yet he's a 4 time MVP, and by 2015 will probably have broken Favre's touchdown and completed passes records.
Even if he retired right now he's a lock for first ballot hall of fame, and as far as quarterbacks go there are at most 3 or 4 quarterbacks better than him in history, Montana and Young are the only two that really stand out for me, and with Bill Walsh as a coach and (for half of Montana's career anyway) Jerry Rice to pass to, it's not particularly difficult to make a case for Manning being their equal.
Yes his playoff record is nowhere near impressive, but that's because the Colts as a team aren't superbowl calibre. Make no mistake, if Manning was at a different team, the Colts would have been about as successful as the Bengals have been over the last decade.
Sussex uni doesn't have a football team :frown: We used to collaborate with "Brighton Tsunami" - Gay name, but now we cant due to some single institution rule. Guess they never got round to making one here. Sucks, i'd be a sweet TE. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 633
Original post by Mann18
Any idea how competitive it is? My friend goes to Huddersfield, and he pretty much walked onto the team (not the most active guy either, and as a LB.)
I wouldn't mind being second string QB for a while, as I'm not good enough for starter. :moon:

QB would probably suit me, can throw a ball well, however I would probably also try out for WR. Maybe TE if I get a little bigger over summer. :smile:
Reply 635
Original post by S129439
Just American football in General.

Have requested to join. :smile:

Have added this thread as an associated thread too.

Why do you get "Leader" next to your name and we get nothing. I'm outraged. MUTINY I TELLS YA.
Reply 637
Original post by RNBen
Have requested to join. :smile:

Have added this thread as an associated thread too.

Genius.

Also, I'd try out for WR, but I've played it when messing around with friends, and I can imagine it being 100 times worse when you're playing really as the helmet really restricts your vision, and I don't wish to be slammed into from behind.

Think I'll try out for Safety/QB/CB. Not the biggest guy around in height or girth, but hell, I'll go out there and try my luck.
Original post by Mann18
Genius.

Also, I'd try out for WR, but I've played it when messing around with friends, and I can imagine it being 100 times worse when you're playing really as the helmet really restricts your vision, and I don't wish to be slammed into from behind.

Think I'll try out for Safety/QB/CB. Not the biggest guy around in height or girth, but hell, I'll go out there and try my luck.

I'm not gonna lie, you'll get slammed into any position you play.
Reply 639
Original post by Mann18
Genius.

:teehee:

Yeah, the only issue I really foresee is that the level of ability is going to be quite low, so playing at WR means you will rarely make a catch if you run anything in excess of 30 yards. I can't see too many QBs in the teams being the English answer to Jay Cutler.

Spoiler

Latest