Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by webber8345
oo! I'm at a British school doing the IB in Rome :smile: *high-five*

Which course and college?

haha.. omg:biggrin: cool? Thats really weird, because last year my school was trying to collaberate with a school in Rome for the group 4 project:biggrin:, could have been yours:wink: *High- international- five* :smile:

Law at Hatfield, but still waiting for a reply:confused: and you??
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3061
Original post by MelissaJayne
Anybody applied for combined honours in English & History?

I applied Combined Honours Classics and English
Original post by skypig97
I applied Combined Honours Classics and English

Oooh nice combo. Did you get an offer yet?
Reply 3063
Oooh nice combo. Did you get an offer yet?

Yes back in mid-Dec for St Chad's. You?
i really wanted to apply for durham for my course. but i wanted to do that after i had already applied :frown:
Original post by skypig97
Yes back in mid-Dec for St Chad's. You?

Congratulations. Will it be your first choice? Yet to hear about mine, recieved by department but still no college. It's the last one I'm waiting on so I almost want to say, hurry up and reject me if you're going to so that I can move on with my life!
Reply 3066
This thread makes me panic :frown: Anyone still waiting on History?
Original post by Wedgely

Yep, still waiting for History. :smile: Applied in October for History at St. Chad's and haven't heard a peep. I do wish they'd hurry up. :s-smilie:

Good luck with your application - which college did you choose?
Original post by Wedgely

Don't panic! No news is surely good news. :smile: (Though I know that doesn't stop the worrying...)
Original post by nuttynatz
haha.. omg:biggrin: cool? Thats really weird, because last year my school was trying to collaberate with a school in Rome for the group 4 project:biggrin:, could have been yours:wink: *High- international- five* :smile:

Law at Hatfield, but still waiting for a reply:confused: and you??

hahaha! that was your school?? lol. it failed so badly though.. I didn't understand the point of the collaboration at all.

oo hatfield, me too for anthropology :smile:. I got my offer a little while ago and my college confirmed about a week ago.

hehe the coincidences delight me.

good luck with your offer and hatfield! Have you heard from other unis?
Original post by eilrahc
Hello
I was wandering if my grades would be good enough for applying to durham
GCSEs
3 A*s

AS
A Geography
A Maths
A History
all 90+ UMS

A2
A* R.S (did it a year early, the AS in year 11)

My GCSEs are nothing amazing, i realise, but A Levels seem about average.
I am wishing to apply for arch and anth

You should be fine, a killer personal statement and extra curricular stuff and you should be okay.

For the others, I didn't get a offer till March! So don't panic!
Reply 3071
Original post by eilrahc
Hello
I was wandering if my grades would be good enough for applying to durham
GCSEs
3 A*s

AS
A Geography
A Maths
A History
all 90+ UMS

A2
A* R.S (did it a year early, the AS in year 11)

My GCSEs are nothing amazing, i realise, but A Levels seem about average.
I am wishing to apply for arch and anth

Durham have a different approach to giving out offers to other universities I think. Depending on the subject, I don't think they take grades into account as much so your GCSEs will be fine (A levels are also absolutely fine).

I would go for it!
What are you thinking of applying for?
Reply 3072
Congratulations. Will it be your first choice? Yet to hear about mine, recieved by department but still no college. It's the last one I'm waiting on so I almost want to say, hurry up and reject me if you're going to so that I can move on with my life!

ATM it is my first choice; but as an American, offers from Oxford or Yale and 2 or 3 US LAC's with serious financial aid will trump Durham. Oxford rejected me and I'll be waiting until early April to hear from US unis.

Is it your top choice? Have you been to Durham? Will you go for Open Day? I can't remember if you told me which college you applied to?
Original post by Johnny Luk
You should be fine, a killer personal statement and extra curricular stuff and you should be okay.

For the others, I didn't get a offer till March! So don't panic!

So you heard nothing until March? How did you survive? :wink: How common is it that people have to wait for ages? :smile:
Original post by pianofluteftw
So you heard nothing until March? How did you survive? :wink: How common is it that people have to wait for ages? :smile:

It's very common for the most oversubscribed courses, because all the candidates are just so similar!
Reply 3075
Anyone waiting on modern languages? Applied for German in October- getting anxious!
Rejected! Nevermind. Apparantly they'll be emailing me the reason in a bit, which will be good to know.
Original post by riotgrrl
Rejected! Nevermind. Apparantly they'll be emailing me the reason in a bit, which will be good to know.

Wow that's weird :/ Do let us know what they say!
Reply 3078
Original post by riotgrrl

Was Durham a top choice? Sorry about the outcome--never feels good/right.
Original post by phoeberg
Anyone waiting on modern languages? Applied for German in October- getting anxious!

I applied for french and spanish and have heard nothing either!
I wish they would hurry up and give me the decision either way! Which college did you apply for out of interest?

Latest