The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca-Sarah
It's cos we're supposed to have a 2 week summer holiday before starting 4th year, but if I intercalate I get a full July-September holiday too :biggrin:

That's what I've got this year basically! Really nice long summer holiday hehe. Should probably book my plans for it.
Man, 127 hours is an intense film. Time for a Mass Effect 2 binge methinks.
Original post by Philosoraptor
That's what I've got this year basically! Really nice long summer holiday hehe. Should probably book my plans for it.

I refuse to make any plans until I know I'm definitely not starting 4th year! However... I'm thinking New York at Easter :daydreaming:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I refuse to make any plans until I know I'm definitely not starting 4th year! However... I'm thinking New York at Easter :daydreaming:

Haha I know I'm starting 4th year - unless I fail this BSc haha :p:
Reply 524
Original post by Mushi_master
Man, 127 hours is an intense film. Time for a Mass Effect 2 binge methinks.

SO INTENSE. Seriously. I had to have recovery time.
I vote for London. :teeth:
Reply 526
Original post by Medicine Man
I vote for London. :teeth:

Sydney! lol
Original post by Elles
Illicit drugs & Phaeos..!

You may have seen that recommendation on your news feed already though. :tongue:

Splenectomies are the new phaeo it seems. Along with hardly any of the surgical questions taking place below the clavicle...
Original post by lekky
SO INTENSE. Seriously. I had to have recovery time.

I'm generally not really squeemish but my god, they really let you know how the guy feels.

Introductions to anatomy, haematology/cardiovascular/respiratory and clinical laboratory sciences today. Scared now.
Reply 530
What's the youngest case of sporadic ALS people have heard of?
Reply 531
meh drug project...haven't done enough work for it, skimmed through the papers, completly misunderstood it = tutorial fail. Although I did like the style of ever so gently telling you that it was *******s. Never again.
Original post by Wangers
meh drug project...haven't done enough work for it, skimmed through the papers, completly misunderstood it = tutorial fail. Although I did like the style of ever so gently telling you that it was *******s. Never again.

Dude I did mine in an hour - it counts for nothing lol! Don't stress about it...

Still got signed off as outstanding for Gen Med Mic ^_^
Reply 533
first coursework result - A. Chuffed :biggrin:
I sent off my application to intercalate at King's this morning - I decided to apply for neuroscience. Oh gawd. :colone:

I have my OSCE next Friday. One of the stations is giving information about endoscopy to a 'patient' so at least I can prepare for that. I'm happy with all the MSS exams...and cranial nerves, PNS sensory - not too great with cerebellum / motor testing though!

VAAAT SAFMAF IPPA WIPER VAAAT

Yeah basically. :pierre:
Original post by i'm no superman
I sent off my application to intercalate at King's this morning - I decided to apply for neuroscience. Oh gawd. :colone:

I have my OSCE next Friday. One of the stations is giving information about endoscopy to a 'patient' so at least I can prepare for that. I'm happy with all the MSS exams...and cranial nerves, PNS sensory - not too great with cerebellum / motor testing though!

VAAAT SAFMAF IPPA WIPER VAAAT

Yeah basically. :pierre:

I know WIPER and IPPA.

What are VAAAT and SAFMAF?
Original post by Philosoraptor
I know WIPER and IPPA.

What are VAAAT and SAFMAF?
You can use SAFMAF when testing cranial nerves II - VI:

See
Acuity
Field
Movement
Accommodation
Fundoscopy

VAAAT is basically German for saying 'what'. Psychotic tings.
Reply 537
Spectacular anatomy videos for anyone who wants them!
I use AFRO for CN2 examinations

A - Acuity (Snellen chart, diplopia)
F - Fields
R - Reflexes (Direct and Consensual and Accomodation)
O - Opthalmoscope

And WIPER. But that I stole from my brother who trained at RUMS. :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Medicine Man
I use AFRO for CN2 examinations

A - Acuity (Snellen chart, diplopia)
F - Fields
R - Reflexes (Direct and Consensual and Accomodation)
O - Opthalmoscope

And WIPER. But that I stole from my brother who trained at RUMS. :p:
AFRO is awesome. I would use it but I'm too wired into using SAFMAF now. :frown:

How are you anyway? RAG is approaching at George's... :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending