The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
I'd pick Mourinho :pierre:
Original post by JK.
? :eyebrow:

Sharp witted:colone:
I would send vela to the graveyard to activate my magic card- cold night at the britannia.

But as for a player- Schweinsteiger has that combo of engine-toughness-passing, just like wilshere.
The injured Arsenal player that was key if we were going to win that match :colonhash:
Original post by In2deep
The injured Arsenal player that was key if we were going to win that match :colonhash:

This doesn't make sense.
Original post by Kevmeister
This doesn't make sense.

Answering the question :wink: That is the player I want for the Barca match :colonhash:
Reply 2166
Arsene Wenger has confirmed Arsenal's intention to sign Southampton wonderkid Alex Chamberlain while his dad Mark believes The Gunners are the ideal choice.

The 17-year-old is regarded as one of England's brightest talents and he has already turned heads with a series of impressive displays for the League One outfit.

Chamberlain, who is the club's second-youngster player behind Theo Walcott, already has six league goals to his name from just 24 league appearances.

Although Manchester United and Liverpool are both keeping tabs on the teenager's services, although it seems that Arsenal could be the front-runners for his £10million-rated signature.

"We will try now," Wenger said. "We need an agreement with Southampton.

"We need an agreement with the player, and we are not the only ones on the case.

"But we try as hard as we can as I like him as a player."
Ideal choice

Alex's father Mark, who played for England between 1982-84, believes Arsenal are his son's ideal destination due to their ability in nurturing talent.

Wenger is known for his ability to snap up footballing talent and moulding them into first-team regulars, such as Cesc Fabregas, Walcott and Jack Wilshere.

"Arsenal, with the manager there, they way play and how they develop players I think they are the ideal choice," he told Sky Sports News.

"I am his dad. I've worked with both. They both got different attributes. Theo has already played 100 Premier League games for Arsenal, played for England and has scored a hat-trick. He's a really good player.

"Alexander is a little different. He's a bit better technically. He's more of a central midfielder player than a wide player.

"He's coping very well. It's all speculation. It's the time of the year when things do happen. I think if anything is happening the club will keep us notified."

Focus

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins acknowledges it will be a challenge for the youngster to focus his efforts on his game despite the intense speculation surrounding his future.

"It must be challenging for any young man and we've tried to deal with it as best as we can and be concentrated on the job in hand," said Adkins said.

"He's getting fitter and stronger and that's the important thing."

Not unexpected of course. More kids for Wenger to play with.
Reply 2167
Original post by Mess.

Original post by Mess.
Not unexpected of course. More kids for Wenger to play with.

Who needs centre halfs eh :facepalm2:

We're apparently interested in Ranger's Alan McGregor too. According to Arseblog :holmes:
Reply 2168
The big clubs bullying the smaller clubs as usual. I seem to remember Arsenal fans crying about the Fabregas situation in the summer; but your club are doing the same thing.
Reply 2169
JK.
OP
Original post by Hoozo
The big clubs bullying the smaller clubs as usual. I seem to remember Arsenal fans crying about the Fabregas situation in the summer; but your club are doing the same thing.

Completely different situation. I'd explain further but the fact that Southampton aren't gonna stand in the way of the move says it all.
Original post by Hoozo

How exactly? Can you post some quotes of our players chatting him?

Arsenal fans have no issue with Barca wanting Cesc, they are entitled to make a bid as they wish. We take issue with the Barca players and the press for making up stuff and spouting rubbish about our captain. Arsenal have said nothing about Oxlade until now, we've made a bid and it's up to Southampton if they want to do a deal
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JK.
Completely different situation. I'd explain further but the fact that Southampton aren't gonna stand in the way of the move says it all.

Yeah, because our players continually ask Chamberlain to come to Arsenal and claim he has Arsenal DNA.. Oh yeah, let's not forget when our players shoved an Arsenal shirt onto him against his will in front of thousands of people :rolleyes:
Reply 2172
whys arshavin being an idiot lately? =( one of my favorite players gettin worse
Arda Turan to Arsenal :redface:
Reply 2174
Original post by JK.

Not going to stand in his way? Adkins said last month and this month that he is not for sale. So should Wenger not back off now? When Wenger said Fabregas was not for sale; you all complained when Barca were still tried to sign him.
Reply 2175
Original post by CupidStunt
Yeah, because our players continually ask Chamberlain to come to Arsenal and claim he has Arsenal DNA.. Oh yeah, let's not forget when our players shoved an Arsenal shirt onto him against his will in front of thousands of people :rolleyes:

Last time i checked Reina played for Liverpool...
What the players did/do is irrelevant but what the actual managment of the clubs were/are doing is very similar.
Reply 2176
Original post by Economist
How exactly? Can you post some quotes of our players chatting him?

Arsenal fans have no issue with Barca wanting Cesc, they are entitled to make a bid as they wish. We take issue with the Barca players and the press for making up stuff and spouting rubbish about our captain. Arsenal have said nothing about Oxlade until now, we've made a bid and it's up to Southampton if they want to do a deal

Adkins the Southampton manager has already said that he is not for sale, so why make an offer? And then why come public with it? Both are unneccesary and will clearly unsettle the player. Wenger took issue with Barcas bids for Fabregas after he had said he is not for sale.
Original post by Hoozo
Adkins the Southampton manager has already said that he is not for sale, so why make an offer? And then why come public with it? Both are unneccesary and will clearly unsettle the player. Wenger took issue with Barcas bids for Fabregas after he had said he is not for sale.

The bid we had no problem with, it is within their right to do so, they can do it, every hour on the dot for 12 months if they wish, it doesn't really change a thing.

The problem was with how the governing body and especially the players came out with comments that was very much unnecessary, they disrespected Arsenal as a football club, their fans and most importantly Cesc himself.
Reply 2178
Original post by In2deep

Vermaelen?
Reply 2179
Original post by In2deep
The bid we had no problem with, it is within their right to do so, they can do it, every hour on the dot for 12 months if they wish, it doesn't really change a thing.

The problem was with how the governing body and especially the players came out with comments that was very much unnecessary, they disrespected Arsenal as a football club, their fans and most importantly Cesc himself.

And Wengers comments today were not uneccesary? If that wont unsettle a player then I dont know what will. Wenger should not have gone public with it and kept it behind closed doors. Much like he wanted Barca to do...

Latest