The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by G550NDH
*specific interview questions discussion removed by lekky*

What are medical consultants? I hope you don't mind me asking but i'm an international and I can't find any online information regarding this topic. Are medical student in their Foundation Years called consultants or is it something else?

Also thinking about GPs. They should also do the 2 Foundations Years and afterwards 5 years of specialization right?

Sorry for asking and I'd understand if you don't really want to answer that but I thought I might just ask as I find it really hard to find a website explaining all this stuff.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 801
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from glasgow after interview for medicine and everyone stop posting interview questions on the forum...have a private chat if you must...it is really unfair!
Reply 802
Original post by stewpot20
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from glasgow after interview for medicine and everyone stop posting interview questions on the forum...have a private chat if you must...it is really unfair!

I know, sorry. March :frown:
Reply 803

Hi, thank you for bringing it to my attention I've deleted the relevant posts, we do try to check all threads but there are quite a lot of them so if you see anything like that please do report the post, it gets it dealt with a lot quicker.

As I will eventually be in your year (I intend to intercalate) don't make me go all moderator on you guys :tongue:
Reply 804
Original post by lekky
Hi, thank you for bringing it to my attention I've deleted the relevant posts, we do try to check all threads but there are quite a lot of them so if you see anything like that please do report the post, it gets it dealt with a lot quicker.

As I will eventually be in your year (I intend to intercalate) don't make me go all moderator on you guys :tongue:

Our year? what do you mean?
Reply 805
Original post by dmz
Our year? what do you mean?

Well if all goes to plan I'll intercalate after 3rd year, so when I come back into medicine I'll be in your year group, 2011 entrants.
Reply 806
Original post by lekky
Well if all goes to plan I'll intercalate after 3rd year, so when I come back into medicine I'll be in your year group, 2011 entrants.

Oh right, i intend on doing the same so we won't be in the same year :P, I'm a re-applicant btw so we're probably in same academic year originally
Reply 807
Original post by dmz
Oh right, i intend on doing the same so we won't be in the same year :P, I'm a re-applicant btw so we're probably in same academic year originally

Probably not, as I'll be 21 soon :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 808
Original post by lekky
Probably not, as I'll be 21 soon :smile:

oops, lol. I'm still 18.....till August, lol
Reply 809
is there any particular reason that Glasgow wait until march to give out offers? is it because they want to wait and see what we got in our January exams?
Reply 810
Original post by danman14
is there any particular reason that Glasgow wait until march to give out offers? is it because they want to wait and see what we got in our January exams?

No, i think they want to interview everyone first cos they give out a specific number of offers (450)

I've already finished my A level plus i don't think they get your Jan results
Reply 811
Original post by lekky

How do you report I tried to find a button yesterday but couldnt see how to do it for future reference!
Reply 812
How do you report I tried to find a button yesterday but couldnt see how to do it for future reference!

The exclamation button in the top right hand corner, i had to do it like once before my interview. It really isn't fair tbh, I've applied to 8 uni's (over 2 years) and it's like my first interview, possibly only one so it wouldn't be fair to be put at a disadvantage like this
Reply 813
Original post by dmz
The exclamation button in the top right hand corner, i had to do it like once before my interview. It really isn't fair tbh, I've applied to 8 uni's (over 2 years) and it's like my first interview, possibly only one so it wouldn't be fair to be put at a disadvantage like this

I mean its not fair for those like me who have already done the interview and why would you want to get into medical school on someone elses merit and not your own!

Do you mean you have already had the interview or you are glad you have the advantage before the interview?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 814
I mean its not fair for those like me who have already done the interview and why would you want to get into medical school on someone elses merit and not your own!

Do you mean you have already had the interview or you are glad you have the advantage before the interview?

I already had it early december
Reply 815
Original post by dmz
I already had it early december

Oh makes more sense now! Sorry. Hope it went well this time around!
Reply 816
Oh makes more sense now! Sorry. Hope it went well this time around!

:biggrin: good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 817

Hi, in the top right hand corner of every post there is an ! in a red circle, as well as "warn", if you press either of those you can warn a post and we get notified :smile:
Reply 818
Original post by lekky
Hi, in the top right hand corner of every post there is an ! in a red circle, as well as "warn", if you press either of those you can warn a post and we get notified :smile:

Thank you! Its very small...should it not be a bit bigger? Ahhh well, at least I am in the know now!
Reply 819
Thank you! Its very small...should it not be a bit bigger? Ahhh well, at least I am in the know now!

You could always suggest it if you think so :smile:

Quick Reply