Scroll to see replies

Original post by roblee

Mech Eng
:colone:
kboiz
meatzaper
wacky9873

:colondollar:

EDIT: Also, since that probably wasn't such a helpful post in retrospect, in response to Davism's question "is interview a large part of selecting candidates for Mech Eng?" For most subjects, yes it is. It would seem that they care most about your PS and interview performance, but obviously you need to be close to the required AS grades to be considered for a place. Their faculty website is well-presented (unlike at most unis), so maybe you could find some information there too.

I saw that after I posted. :frown: Was faaar too lazy to edit. :colone:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 501
Original post by nikita_atikin
I saw that after I posted. :frown: Was faaar too lazy to edit. :colone:

The only reason I remembered there were offers for Mech Eng was because that face went with it :biggrin:

(back in the days when I was hardwired to TSR one week ago there'd have been a 4-page response to Davis's question three seconds after he hit the send button)
Original post by roblee
The only reason I remembered there were offers for Mech Eng was because that face went with it :biggrin:

(back in the days when I was hardwired to TSR one week ago there'd have been a 4-page response to Davis's question three seconds after he hit the send button)

You had D1 today, didn't you? How'd it go? :colone:

EDIT: Imperial Computing student alert below!!!! :colone:

MickyT
Imperial College London

I was lurking on some thread and happened to see you had a beautiful Imperial College London Computing sig and thought you'd like to join us here if you're gonna be joining us in 2011 :biggrin:
We've got a bazillion computer scientists on here so you might as well be added to the list (first page, 3rd post) :smile:
Welcome to our beaut of a thread :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 503
You had D1 today, didn't you? How'd it go? :colone:

Very memorific there :colone:

Bad, most definitely a B or below :frown: S2 and FP2 are really easy, so hopefully it'll be cancelled out by high 90s in 'real' modules. If it doesn't I'm going to have to take a year out, retake a bunch of them then reapply to my top 3 :eek:

(seriously, who on earth does 6x6 matrix algebra BY HAND?)
Original post by roblee
Very memorific there :colone:

Bad, most definitely a B or below :frown: S2 and FP2 are really easy, so hopefully it'll be cancelled out by high 90s in 'real' modules. If it doesn't I'm going to have to take a year out, retake a bunch of them then reapply to my top 3 :eek:

I'm half :colone: and half :headbang: which means I have a brilliant memory. :wink:

Aww babycakes, I'm sure you'll be fine! :hugs: I'm sure you will have done better than you think. (And you find S2 and FP2 easy? :s-smilie: I died doing those modules)
And seriously, don't you even think about a year out, young man. I'm not gonna go to Imperial if you're not gonna be there :colonhash:

Is your exam sesh over? I've got my last one (physics) on Thursday :biggrin:
I've got an interview on the 31st for Physics.... Just wondering what they would ask and what I should wear. Is it like formal or more casual???
Reply 506
Original post by athena.karsa
I've got an interview on the 31st for Physics.... Just wondering what they would ask and what I should wear. Is it like formal or more casual???

They would've mentioned the dress code in your invite - most of the time it tends to be formal, so you can't go wrong with a business-style suit (jacket, shirt/blouse, trousers/skirt at least. They might not have to be black/grey/navy, they just have to look smart-ish.)

If you find that you feel a bit "too stuffy", you can always go a bit more casual by ditching the jacket once you get there. I know I had a skirt suit + tie and jumper (was cold), but I ditched my jacket later anyway. Most of us did. :wink:

If they say smart casual, you're in luck. No need for the suits. :biggrin:

CHECK CHECK AND CHECK - or if you're still uneasy about it, email/phone the dept and ask. But you can't go wrong with what I've said (personally it's better to look a little bit too smart than a little bit too scruffy. :tongue:)
Original post by athena.karsa

For my interview the first part was about stuff in my personal statement, so make sure that you are completely clued-up on everything you've written. as well as the usual stuff - why physics, why a B in economics :s-smilie: Then she asked me a couple of technical questions. They weren't too hard, but I think I might have been lucky! After this we had a nice little chat about extra curricular things :cute: so nothing really to worry about.
For mine I wore a smartish skirt with leggings (it was too short not to), boots, a top and a cardi. The other girl there was wearing pretty much the same. Just wear something that you feel comfortable in, no one will judge you.
Good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee

All the normal people get a Calculator to do it for them :biggrin:

Still you'll be fine, Im guessing you need an A* in maths so the As exams dont matter much as you only need 80% overall.
Reply 509
I'm half :colone: and half :headbang: which means I have a brilliant memory. :wink:

Aww babycakes, I'm sure you'll be fine! :hugs: I'm sure you will have done better than you think. (And you find S2 and FP2 easy? :s-smilie: I died doing those modules)
And seriously, don't you even think about a year out, young man. I'm not gonna go to Imperial if you're not gonna be there :colonhash:

Is your exam sesh over? I've got my last one (physics) on Thursday :biggrin:

Nope, just one more to go after C4 and D1 retakes, the physics which is also on Thursday :five:... AQA?

Quietly confident about physics, got A* in the last 3 mocks :cool: but then again, it's basically the same as M2, M1, and GCSE physics from 1, 2, and 3 years ago respectively* so not sure how proud to be of getting it right after 4 years :rolleyes:

*Those who are about to dive in and correct me, I did various subjects a year early
Original post by roblee
Nope, just one more to go after C4 and D1 retakes, the physics which is also on Thursday :five:... AQA?

Quietly confident about physics, got A* in the last 3 mocks :cool: but then again, it's basically the same as M2, M1, and GCSE physics from 1, 2, and 3 years ago respectively* so not sure how proud to be of getting it right after 4 years :rolleyes:

*Those who are about to dive in and correct me, I did various subjects a year early

Edexcel here :cool:
Good luck on Thrusday although it doesn't sound like you need it :tongue:
You're so much smarter (in fact everyone on this thread is) :frown: You don't seem to be struggling with physics at all whereas I'm here in my bed nearly dead trying to understand what an emf is :frown:

My sisters prediction of "Niki, now that you've got an offer, I can confirm that you will be the stupidest of all the smart people there" seems to practically be reality. :frown:
Reply 511
Original post by freefrag
All the normal people get a Calculator to do it for them :biggrin:

Still you'll be fine, Im guessing you need an A* in maths so the As exams dont matter much as you only need 80% overall.

I am not a normal person. I Am A Computer Scientist :nuts: A Computer Scientist who is not very good with a graphic calculator.

Actually I don't need anything at all in straight Maths having already finished it :smug: what I'm worried about is this piffling A that I can't seem to reach :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 512
You're so much smarter (in fact everyone on this thread is) :frown: You don't seem to be struggling with physics at all whereas I'm here in my bed nearly dead trying to understand what an emf is :frown:

My sisters prediction of "Niki, now that you've got an offer, I can confirm that you will be the stupidest of all the smart people there" seems to practically be reality. :frown:

Secretly we are all thick and just act clever to impress people online. In fact, almost half of us are just pretending to have offers :tongue:

Spoiler

Wait... Aren't your grades like A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A + aaaa? Hardly the work of a simpleton :rolleyes:
Ahh physics. In my mock I got 65/75 which apparently would have been 100ums, but I still feel like I dont know anything, as whenever I do practice questions I keep making mistakes. Bricking it for Thursday.
(Im doing AQA btw)

Nikita, I know you are worrying now but I bet that you will come out of that exam with a higher score than any of us
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
Secretly we are all thick and just act clever to impress people online. In fact, almost half of us are just pretending to have offers :tongue:

Spoiler

Wait... Aren't your grades like A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A + aaaa? Hardly the work of a simpleton :rolleyes:

You're blatantly bigging up your grades to impress me Robbeh because you know that Imperial girls like intellectual types :colone: Can't say it's working on me though :colone:

Lol Robbeh I don't do 15 A Levels :rolleyes: I'm struggling with 4 as it is :rofl:

Try to get your hands on a book called "Fundamentals of Physics" (*cough* internet pdf *cough*). I cant stress how much it helped me with physics.
Original post by freefrag
Try to get your hands on a book called "Fundamentals of Physics" (*cough* internet pdf *cough*). I cant stress how much it helped me with physics.

Oh okay :smile: I'll try and look for it although I don't think it's gonna make a massive difference 3 days before my exam :facepalm:
My CGP revision guide has been my saviour :love:
Reply 517
Woooooo hey guys I can now post in this thread! I've got an unconditional for Geology :biggrin: Whoop whoop!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
Woooooo hey guys I can now post in this thread! I've got an unconditional for Geology :biggrin: Whoop whoop!

Yay well done!! :five:
Reply 519
Comp Sci
Ninja quoted o_0 Good luck for everyone who has exams. You're getting me slightly worried I've forgotten everything over mah gap year :O

For those that were interested my offer was A*AAA

Also, any prospective imperial students want to meet up at some point? Would be nice knowing a few people going into uni ^_^
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending