Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by lekky
You could always suggest it if you think so :smile:

That would mean me asking you...How would you go about doing that?...lol
Reply 821
Original post by dmz
No, i think they want to interview everyone first cos they give out a specific number of offers (450)

I've already finished my A level plus i don't think they get your Jan results

If like you you said they give out 450 offers out of 800 interviews, is that means 56% of chances to get in after having interviews?
Original post by jojo9043
If like you you said they give out 450 offers out of 800 interviews, is that means 56% of chances to get in after having interviews?

Correct. There is some leeway I think (it could never be exact) but my applying to med school book says 1800 apply to glasgow, 800 get interviews, 450 are made offers.
Reply 823
Original post by jojo9043

Yer, I'll just try to find the actual source to be sure i didn't imagine it

Original post by lekky
-

450/800 Is that correct information?
Reply 824
Original post by dmz
Yer, I'll just try to find the actual source to be sure i didn't imagine it

450/800 Is that correct information?

I thought it was 400, but somewhere around that figure aye.
Reply 825
Original post by Harbour Seal
Correct. There is some leeway I think (it could never be exact) but my applying to med school book says 1800 apply to glasgow, 800 get interviews, 450 are made offers.

Hey :biggrin: Does that book you have also mention how many offers are given for Dundee/ St Andrews Universities? :colondollar: I'd be very thankful to have some kind of official information :redface:
Original post by teafil
Hey :biggrin: Does that book you have also mention how many offers are given for Dundee/ St Andrews Universities? :colondollar: I'd be very thankful to have some kind of official information :redface:

Last year, Dundee offered interviews to 34% of applicants, and made offers to 29% of all applicants (including rejected without interview).

BUT (and this is a big but) one of the Dundee interviewers mentioned (whilst I was ****ing up my interview, grandiose style) that only 25% of applicants were interviewed this year.

I'll check the StA one as well for you, but if you phone up they'd give you the numbers no probs.
Reply 827
Last year, Dundee offered interviews to 34% of applicants, and made offers to 29% of all applicants (including rejected without interview).

BUT (and this is a big but) one of the Dundee interviewers mentioned (whilst I was ****ing up my interview, grandiose style) that only 25% of applicants were interviewed this year.

I'll check the StA one as well for you, but if you phone up they'd give you the numbers no probs.

I didn't know they are kind enough to give numbers. I shall call them indeed :biggrin: Good news even it's a bit weird... only 25% :confused: perhaps there were more applicants and therefore the same number of applicants were interviewed as last year :smile: thanks anyway!
Reply 828
I may die of uncertainty before march comes *falls on floor* Oh, there I go....

Anyone else so impatient they can't focus?
Reply 829
Original post by AuldYin

:yep: my only interview! I need to get in, can't take another gap year! :frown: and it's hard to know how you've done
Original post by AuldYin

Aye...still to have interview...focus on that rather than thesis...tch!
I have heard nothing from Glasgow at all, really worried about it now... I wish they would just reject me or give me an interview either way.

The wait is actually killing me!
Reply 832
I have heard nothing from Glasgow at all, really worried about it now... I wish they would just reject me or give me an interview either way.

The wait is actually killing me!

They say nothing till everyone's interviewed (March)...wish i could induce a coma on myself till then, sad times
Reply 833
Hey guys,

I'm guessing it's probably been asked a million times before here, but do Glasgow not give out rejections until after all of the interviews can occurred in March?

Cheers
Original post by Jarowi
Hey guys,

I'm guessing it's probably been asked a million times before here, but do Glasgow not give out rejections until after all of the interviews can occurred in March?

Cheers

yep. Glasgow don't notify of outcome until all interviews are completed.
Reply 835
Original post by sweetchilli
yep. Glasgow don't notify of outcome until all interviews are completed.

Thanks.
Didn't people start getting rejections last week? Though I'm sure that was rejections without interview....
Original post by dmz
They say nothing till everyone's interviewed (March)...wish i could induce a coma on myself till then, sad times

If only I actually actually could :frown:
Had my interview today.
Don't think I did really badly but I keep thinking of things I should have said differently etc. don't think I did very well :/

The interviewers were really nice though! :smile:

Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 839
Original post by dominiqueblack
Had my interview today.
Don't think I did really badly but I keep thinking of things I should have said differently etc. don't think I did very well :/

The interviewers were really nice though! :smile:

Good luck to everyone else!

Hey. When you say they were nice... does this mean they don't rush you (i.e. expect you to answer in 30 - 45 seconds every question)? I've heard they rush applicant to answer and this makes things intimidating.. :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending