The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel- Unit 3 Contested Planet Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by street.lovin'
hehehehehheehh I just did not have the motivation to do it myself. I have been revising for Business Studies and the retakes so I hardly touched Geography. It's just that I know there are so many to revise for in Geography and it puts me off.

Snap. Good luck with Business tomorrow, BUS3?
Original post by Superstar6318
Snap. Good luck with Business tomorrow, BUS3?

How do you know???? :s-smilie:

Oh,,, I told you. XDDDD

How do you know its BUSS3 though.. How do you know it's AQA??
How do you know???? :s-smilie:

Oh,,, I told you. XDDDD

How do you know its BUSS3 though.. How do you know it's AQA??

There are a vast amount of people I know taking it haha, sounds like a bitch of an exam. What do you wanna do at Uni?
There are a vast amount of people I know taking it haha, sounds like a bitch of an exam. What do you wanna do at Uni?

I want to do Politics.

I hate BUSS3 as much as I do to this Geography exam. It is so long and I have to write so many long answers! :frown: I hate them. But I also like them at the same time.
Original post by antipesto93
Hey, my techer(i think) made a list of possible questions

o. What influence do trade blocs have in helping North America become energy secure?

This question bothers me more than any of the others posted on page one. Can someone help me out in terms of how you would go about answering it? :confused:
Original post by greengreenie
This question bothers me more than any of the others posted on page one. Can someone help me out in terms of how you would go about answering it? :confused:

I just did that question. I am not sure whether I have done it correctly but I will list out what I have done.

P1 - Define 'trade bloc' , what does it do? give a relevant example such as NAFTA. dont forget to use keyword 'trileteral agreement' between canada, usa and mexico. :smile:
P2 and P3 and P4 (depends on how your essay are structured.) - NAFTA agreement could help N. America is becoming energy secure by:-

1. the countries are able to trade with each other using very low level of tariffs. Look at figure 2, Canada and Mexico have surplus in their energy production, while USA does not. So, they all can trade with each other and help each other out... (but try to put it in a better word of course :P) Oh, and Mexico could also be benefitted from increase in national income earned from selling energy to USA and they can perhaps spend it on development of new technology.
2. They are all friendly countries - look at Gig. 9 (i think it is) that shows the production of uranium. Canada came first. It shows the nuclear power energy in N. America. The trade bloc allows USA and Mexico to benefit from Canadian uranium.
3. On page 1 they mentions the Energy group set by government to deal with energy related issue. And it is part of NAFTA isn't it? XD Well, I will put it down anyway about how they all share the control over policies and they could help each other out. Canada and USA are MEDCs and their technological advances will help Mexico and the whole N. American region to become more secure - by discoering new energy sources, or overcoming the technical difficulties etc.

Last paragraph, just conclude. Say that trade bloc such as NAFTA have influence in helping North America to become enegy secure. Because they allow the countries to discuss and share ideas, decision making and they can help each other with technology or whatever.... Hope you kind fo get the idea.
I just did that question. I am not sure whether I have done it correctly but I will list out what I have done.

P1 - Define 'trade bloc' , what does it do? give a relevant example such as NAFTA. dont forget to use keyword 'trileteral agreement' between canada, usa and mexico. :smile:
P2 and P3 and P4 (depends on how your essay are structured.) - NAFTA agreement could help N. America is becoming energy secure by:-

1. the countries are able to trade with each other using very low level of tariffs. Look at figure 2, Canada and Mexico have surplus in their energy production, while USA does not. So, they all can trade with each other and help each other out... (but try to put it in a better word of course :P) Oh, and Mexico could also be benefitted from increase in national income earned from selling energy to USA and they can perhaps spend it on development of new technology.
2. They are all friendly countries - look at Gig. 9 (i think it is) that shows the production of uranium. Canada came first. It shows the nuclear power energy in N. America. The trade bloc allows USA and Mexico to benefit from Canadian uranium.
3. On page 1 they mentions the Energy group set by government to deal with energy related issue. And it is part of NAFTA isn't it? XD Well, I will put it down anyway about how they all share the control over policies and they could help each other out. Canada and USA are MEDCs and their technological advances will help Mexico and the whole N. American region to become more secure - by discoering new energy sources, or overcoming the technical difficulties etc.

Last paragraph, just conclude. Say that trade bloc such as NAFTA have influence in helping North America to become enegy secure. Because they allow the countries to discuss and share ideas, decision making and they can help each other with technology or whatever.... Hope you kind fo get the idea.

Wow, thank you so much :smile:
Hey, What do Controversial energy sources include?

ANWR, Deep sea drilling, Nuclear power

- The does it include Biofuel/Oil shale/ Tar sands?
Reply 88
Can someone please link me to the pre-release material please.
Original post by Cypriots
Can someone please link me to the pre-release material please.

On the edexcell website, same place you get past papers....under Materials(Or something along those lines)

You know the exams tomorrow right....
Original post by antipesto93
On the edexcell website, same place you get past papers....under Materials(Or something along those lines)

You know the exams tomorrow right....

LOL
Don't suppose anyone has the June 2010 paper lying about anywhere and knows what the questions for it were?
Reply 92
LOL

I had C3 to deal with, hopefully this geography exam goes as well as all the others.:smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Cypriots
I had C3 to deal with, hopefully this geography exam goes as well as all the others.:smile:

Would LOL if you didnt do well now :P
Reply 94
Original post by S1800
Would LOL if you didnt do well now :P

The beauty of doing a January exam is if it goes wrong, I can retake it in the summer.
Hopefully however, ill blag my way through and get my A.
1) Can anyone tell me the different playes in the energy process

2) Can anyone tell me about the different TNC'S in the energy process and the positives and negatives of these
Reply 96
Original post by greengreenie
Don't suppose anyone has the June 2010 paper lying about anywhere and knows what the questions for it were?

Water: uing named example, aess the potential for water supply to become a ource of conflict
Superpowers: To what extent is the USAs superpower status threatened by the emerging power of the BRICs
Tech Fix: Uing named examples, discuss the extent to which there is a widening technology gap between the developed and developing world
Dev Gap: Uing named examples, assess the advantages and disadvantage of top-down and bottom up development strategies

I don't have the energy one (but thats pre-release anyway) and bio was the pre-release in the summer :smile:
1) Can anyone tell me the different playes in the energy process

2) Can anyone tell me about the different TNC'S in the energy process and the positives and negatives of these

1) Different players in energy process? Generally or for North America specifically?

For North America - USA/Canadian/Mexican government, Local authorities (at different states), Individuals (think about NIMBYISM, wind farm process got to go through this)... basically any stakeholders who would gain or lose in energy process...

2) TNCs I don't really know.
Reply 98
Original post by rbecky004
Water: uing named example, aess the potential for water supply to become a ource of conflict
Superpowers: To what extent is the USAs superpower status threatened by the emerging power of the BRICs
Tech Fix: Uing named examples, discuss the extent to which there is a widening technology gap between the developed and developing world
Dev Gap: Uing named examples, assess the advantages and disadvantage of top-down and bottom up development strategies

I don't have the energy one (but thats pre-release anyway) and bio was the pre-release in the summer :smile:

I have been spending the last week trying to access this your a life saver!
I don't know if by any chance you have the January question paper?
Or does anyone?:confused:
Reply 99

1) Different players in energy process? Generally or for North America specifically?

For North America - USA/Canadian/Mexican government, Local authorities (at different states), Individuals (think about NIMBYISM, wind farm process got to go through this)... basically any stakeholders who would gain or lose in energy process...

2) TNCs I don't really know.

Wouldn't TNCs be the the oil companies i.e. Gazprom.
although their headquarters may be in Russia they have oil pipes transferring energy all over Western Europe (and expanding).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending