The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hate all this waiting, anyone heard anything yet? Not a single one of my uni's has replied, but Napier is my favourite/most likely to give me an unconditional so I really want to hear from them
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by anakintoast
Hate all this waiting, anyone heard anything yet? Not a single one of my uni's has replied, but Napier is my favourite/most likely to give me an unconditional so I really want to hear from them

I got a letter from them on Saturday. Says that they are giving everyone who applied by 15th Jan a fair advantage, so not to expect offers/rejections until february/march.

Can't be doing with all this waiting though. Only uni left to reply...
Original post by Jennyisabutton
I got a letter from them on Saturday. Says that they are giving everyone who applied by 15th Jan a fair advantage, so not to expect offers/rejections until february/march

Even though waiting until February/March still feels like a really long time it's great to have some kind of idea for when I'll hear back from them, thanks :smile:
Even though waiting until February/March still feels like a really long time it's great to have some kind of idea for when I'll hear back from them, thanks :smile:

I knoww, feels like years away. You should get a letter soon saying they've received your application anyway, hopefully. Then they'll start dishing out the offers, and we'll be fine, aha :smile:
I knoww, feels like years away. You should get a letter soon saying they've received your application anyway, hopefully. Then they'll start dishing out the offers, and we'll be fine, aha :smile:

Ha yeah :smile:

I received my acknowledgement letter quite a while ago but all my acknowledgement letters came at the same time so I just skimmed them, might not have read the bit about when they were sending out offers
Reply 45
I´ve got a question :smile:
Is Edinburgh Napier your 1st choice?
Original post by OndrejC2

Napier is my first choice because it is the most likely to give me an unconditional.
If I got even a conditional from Edinburgh Uni I would have to rethink my first choice though, however I find it extremely unlikely that they will give me one.
Stirling is my least favourite choice because it is too close to home and my dad lectures there and I want to go away and be independent and explore, not stay either at home or near home and still be watched by my parents
Original post by OndrejC2
I´ve got a question :smile:

Possibly.
Haven't made up my mind between MMU and Napier yet. If it's not my firm, then it'll be my insurance :smile:
I've applied for Civil Engineering...
Reply 49
Yeah I understand, university should be about freedom, doing what you want, comming home when you want, tiding your room up when you want :-D

For me Napier is the first choice, not because of independece (because I live in Slovakia - maybe 2.000 km from edinburgh), but it is about course, general feeling (I have checked all Edinburgh Unis, except QMU - I didnt know it exists), equipment and location, which is great. And of course Edinburgh is amazing, lovely,interesting etc.

Accommodation doesnt seem to be soo good in comparison with other Unis, but I will choose IQ Student Accommodation :smile:
Oh wow :smile: I love Edinburgh, I spend most weekends there (I only live 1 hour away), it's such as great city!
The accommodation doesn't look amazing but IQ seems to expensive for me so I'm just going to apply for normal Uni accommodation, sure it can't be too bad!
I do love Edinburgh. Only been 3 times I think, but its definately left an impression :smile:
I'm basing accommodation on price. Riego st and West Tollcross and Fountainbridge are the cheapest so definately want to get into one of them. I'm not bothered about sharing bathrooms or anything, so anything's fine really.
I'm basing accommodation on price. Riego st and West Tollcross and Fountainbridge are the cheapest so definately want to get into one of them. I'm not bothered about sharing bathrooms or anything, so anything's fine really.

My thoughts exactly :smile: From the outside Riego street looks better than West Tollcross and Fountainbridge so it's possibly my favourite, but I've not seen what they look like inside
Reply 53
IQ is too expensive for 1 person, but I am will go on halves with my girlfriend. I would be about 80 pounds pre week for each. But of course if you are studying alone, I is much more expensive.

I haven´t said Unis accommodation is bad, but I have seen better for the same price at universities. For the people, who don´t care about having own bathroom it is definitely great place, I have heard about great party life there :-D

// You can actually check the interior by 360-virtual tour
Just click here: The Flat Developments and then click on the flat´s picture to start your virtual tour de accommodation :-D
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
Finally got the rejection from Edinburgh I was anticipating. Napier I wouldn't mind going to, Edinburgh is a great city and a degree is a degree at the end of the day. Would like an offer from them at some point...
How come some of you have already got offers from Napier or Edinburgh :frown:.
I'm still waiting and I'm all stressed out!

Are they checking the applications from outside the UK after they check the ones from the UK?
Reply 56
Actually noone got an offer from Edinburgh, so don´t panic :smile:
We are waiting and discussing our offers, accommodation etc.

What about your course? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
My thoughts exactly :smile: From the outside Riego street looks better than West Tollcross and Fountainbridge so it's possibly my favourite, but I've not seen what they look like inside

Yeah I agree Riego st looks better. Also West Tollcross and Fountainbridge are mainly same gender flats, and I don't want to be with ALL girls. Imagine the bitchy-ness. I'd much prefer the banter you get from living with guys.
Original post by lorinbosoc
Are they checking the applications from outside the UK after they check the ones from the UK?

I heard that quite a lot of Uni's are going through international applications first, but I can't remember where I heard it from so it could be wrong. As Jennyisabutton said we should receive offers around February/March time, so no need to worry as much about the lack of offers :smile:

Also West Tollcross and Fountainbridge are mainly same gender flats, and I don't want to be with ALL girls. Imagine the bitchy-ness. I'd much prefer the banter you get from living with guys.

I know what you mean! I'm used to staying in a flat with boys because I stay with my boyfriend in his flat quite a lot and all his flatmates are boys. When I'm not with him I'm alone at home so I have my space. Hope living with girls will be a pleasant change rather than an annoying one, we'll see at the time I guess :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah i'd like a good mix of girls/guys who are up for a laugh basically. As long as none of them are ridiculously messy then i'm not bothered :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest