The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Booshak
Sure!

GCSEs: 9A* 1A
AS: AAAA (Economics, Maths, French, Spanish)
A2 predictions: A*A*A*
A2: A* in maths, did it a year early.

Wow those are amazing grades! No surprise you got the offer then.
Ok time to revise some economics exam is this Friday and i haven't touched it since Friday.
Reply 1182
Original post by 04JRogers
I haven't either :/

When are these offers coming through? like now?

I havent either... :frown:
Reply 1183
Nottingham: Economics

Conditions AAA/AABB

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by frodalod
Nottingham: Economics

Conditions AAA/AABB

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratz :smile:

What are you academics?
Nottingham baby!

First offer :ddd
Reply 1186
Original post by markwilliams_hello
Nottingham baby!

Well done :smile: What grades did you get at GCSE/AS and when did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by ajs2602
Well done :smile: What grades did you get at GCSE/AS and when did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

7A*'s and 3A's at GCSE

AS grades were undisclosed but I got AABB

I applied in October, before the Oxbridge deadline
Original post by Brand New Eyes
General Studies, along with critical thinking does not count as a "real" A-Level unfortunately. Yet, schools insist on making it compulsory, even though it's a complete waste of time. Also with computing you're on a bit of a limb there. And the whole choose Business Studies AND Economics, most universities regard it as almost cheating in two subjects that over-lap so much, like doing Classical Civilization and History.

I guess it also depends on your academic ECs, Warwick really values Extended Project over an AS level, and this year is the most competitive. Personally I wouldn't be banking on getting offers from all of them. But good luck!

Haha yeah, I realise I have these issues which will make it more difficult for me to get an offer. Our school doesn't offer Extended Project, it probably is something I should have looked into my self.
I fully expect a rejection from Warwick and LSE as well, just hoping for one from Nottingham or Durham really. Really should have applied somewhere where I had a decent chance of getting in.
Thanks a lot for your feed back :smile:
Nottingham baby!

Did you get an email from Notts or was it via UCAS?
Cheers :smile:
So many offers from Nottingham at this time of the day

I think Im the only one without one as most people have heard from the likes of UCl and LSE and still waiting on Notts

I think everyone applying to econ put down Shottingham,
Reply 1191
Original post by therockandsock
So many offers from Nottingham at this time of the day

I think Im the only one without one as most people have heard from the likes of UCl and LSE and still waiting on Notts

I think everyone applying to econ put down Shottingham,

I haven't heard back from UCL or Nottingham. They're the only 2 unis I'm still waiting for =/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ajs2602
I haven't heard back from UCL Notingham. They're the only 2 unis I'm still waiting for =/

What have you received from your Uni's
I've had two rejections so far (oxford and Bristol)
Reply 1193
Original post by therockandsock
What have you received from your Uni's
I've had two rejections so far (oxford and Bristol)

Erm I've got offers from Manchester (AAB) and Royal Holloway (ABB), but I've been rejected from Birmingham. And oh damn, sorry to hear that man...
Reply 1194
Original post by Glen_Nichols
It's strange how much emphasis is put on AS further. I had my D1 module exam today (the easiest of the three). Didn't go well. I'm planning on dropping it in March if I don't get an A, but I can still meet my offer for Bristol :biggrin:

Just a word of warning, if you choose to drop it then you have to inform your Unis and they may take your offer back. Since it does not effect your offer, might as well go through with it. If you get a poor grade then it won't make much of a difference.
It's strange how much emphasis is put on AS further. I had my D1 module exam today (the easiest of the three). Didn't go well. I'm planning on dropping it in March if I don't get an A, but I can still meet my offer for Bristol :biggrin:

Further maths, blurrg. I wouldnt have minded doing The whole a level further maths which might have helped me getting into like UCL or whatever.

Great thing was it was offered at my school but i couldnt do it and spanish. And really what is the choice between learning a language (<3) and doing extra maths. Ha.

Stupid econ
Reply 1196
Congratz :smile:

What are you academics?

Erm 9A*3A GCSE, 5A's AS and predicted A*A*A*A a level ( Maths, economics, chemistry and further maths)
7A*'s and 3A's at GCSE

AS grades were undisclosed but I got AABB

I applied in October, before the Oxbridge deadline

Notts gave me a L100 offer too with the same AS's; here's to schools not certificating! :wink:
Original post by frodalod
Erm 9A*3A GCSE, 5A's AS and predicted A*A*A*A a level ( Maths, economics, chemistry and further maths)

Wow, your clearly going to get your offers for economics
Has anybody heard back from industrial economics that applied for that course directly? Rather than being offered it as an alternative?

Latest

Trending

Trending