The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
I'm following the daily reading chart in my Bible which takes you through the OT and NT at the same time. Some of the things written in the OT seems really harsh and undermines the 'all loving' God which I try to believe in. Does the NT in some ways take away some of the barriers stated in the OT eg. chosen people etc?

I went to leave you a visitor message, but I couldn't :frown:

I was just gonna say good choice of pic in your sig! :h:
Reply 2621
Original post by rainbowbex
I went to leave you a visitor message, but I couldn't :frown:

I was just gonna say good choice of pic in your sig! :h:

Thanks, sorry maybe that privacy setting is a bit too much, I've changed it now :smile:
Original post by cz100
Thanks, sorry maybe that privacy setting is a bit too much, I've changed it now :smile:

only because your sig told me to post :h:

how are you? Nice to meet you also, don't think I've said hi before!
Reply 2623
Original post by rainbowbex
only because your sig told me to post :h:

how are you? Nice to meet you also, don't think I've said hi before!

Good thanks, nice to meet you too :hello:
Just felt like taking a read through this thread for a bit and see if I could find any good advice etc
Original post by cz100
Good thanks, nice to meet you too :hello:
Just felt like taking a read through this thread for a bit and see if I could find any good advice etc

if you can't find anything specific to what your looking for, feel free to post a question, had some pretty good traffic in here the last few weeks so it's likely to get answered :smile:
I get the feeling lots of people stalk this thread too.

like me :colondollar: heh
Hey fellow christian TSR-ians, how are we all today?

Can't believe I've only just found this society :O
I feel socially dead again. All I seem to be doing is work

It seems I have only chosen one. :facepalm2:
Reply 2627
Original post by + polarity -

Haha, that's a great chart. Lately for me it's been the sleep that's suffering, but that makes everything eles suffer because then I'm too tired to do anything, but still can't get to sleep.
Reply 2628

Oh wow. I wish that wasn't so true. More tea, I think...

Can you ever work with others?
Original post by marille

Original post by marille
Oh wow. I wish that wasn't so true. More tea, I think...

Can you ever work with others?

Erm, I have some group projects, yeah, but we don't have group study or anything.

I think I work best alone/on TSR :cyber: :ashamed2:

Erm, I have some group projects, yeah, but we don't have group study or anything.

I think I work best alone/on TSR :cyber: :ashamed2:

Your triangle above reminded me of this:

^ Currently my life :facepalm2: I'm not getting any of them lately :sigh:
James 1:22-25
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But who ever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

I just got this passage on my daily bible app on my phone and I thought it was a great passage. It pretty much represents the entire life of being a Christian. Knowing the word, but also living by it. I find it easy to slip out of being a doer and simply forget who I was before my faith and who I should be. But I think its passages like this that remind me of what I believe, of the love, the salvation and blessings a God like ours has. Hope others are persevering in their God life :h:
Original post by Facticity
I just got this passage on my daily bible app on my phone and I thought it was a great passage. It pretty much represents the entire life of being a Christian. Knowing the word, but also living by it. I find it easy to slip out of being a doer and simply forget who I was before my faith and who I should be. But I think its passages like this that remind me of what I believe, of the love, the salvation and blessings a God like ours has. Hope others are persevering in their God life :h:

I love my daily bible app on my phone =D easy way to make sure i start the day with a bit of bible reading!
Original post by greeneyedgirl

I love my daily bible app on my phone =D easy way to make sure i start the day with a bit of bible reading!

I know, it gives me some encouragement when I need a quick word from scripture. Also, it makes me feel like I've read the Bible on those days of drought in my reading :colondollar:

I know, it gives me some encouragement when I need a quick word from scripture. Also, it makes me feel like I've read the Bible on those days of drought in my reading :colondollar:

I've also got the entire bible on my phone, which means I can do a sneaky bit of bible reading whenever i get a free moment! although at the minute I am just reading Mark in circles in a desperate order to learn everything needed for Mark Drama

I've also got the entire bible on my phone, which means I can do a sneaky bit of bible reading whenever i get a free moment! although at the minute I am just reading Mark in circles in a desperate order to learn everything needed for Mark Drama

Yea same, I take it everywhere and annotate and stuff on it. I sometimes get some wary looks from the elders in one of my more traditional churches, when I'm annotating on it in church, because they don't realise its my phone Bible :giggle:
Reply 2636
Your triangle above reminded me of this:

^ Currently my life :facepalm2: I'm not getting any of them lately :sigh:

You do the IB, you silly person!

I did the IB twas stupidly stressful.
Original post by 22KT22

Original post by 22KT22
You do the IB, you silly person!

I did the IB twas stupidly stressful.

I know :facepalm2:

Its so long, but in all honesty I don't regret it, I quite enjoy it :yes:

Work load is another issue.... what subjects did you do?
Reply 2638
HLs
Biology
Theatre Studies
Psychology

SLs
Maths studies
English
German

I really enjoyed it despite the stress, made some amazing friends and met some truly amazing people.

Also what bible app are people using?
Yea same, I take it everywhere and annotate and stuff on it. I sometimes get some wary looks from the elders in one of my more traditional churches, when I'm annotating on it in church, because they don't realise its my phone Bible :giggle:

Yeah, I have been spoken to a couple of times for using the NKJV on my iPod Touch rather than the bibles we've been handed out at some youth clubs I used to go to.

What translations do people like here?

I'm quite partial to the NKJV, KJV and ESV at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending