The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LettersFromTheSky
University: King's College London
Course: Biomedical Science
Date application sent: 13th October
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: AAB, including A Level Biology and Chemistry by August 2011.
Reaction: I actually felt a bit sick. My predicted grades dont meet the recent change in requirements so for months i told myself I was going to get a rejection, I was pretty okay with the fact too so it was a massive shock when I got the offer. I'm also a bit worried cause, although its a great uni and the course there is amazing, the requirements are gonna be hard to get.

Congratulations! :party:

On which day did you get the offer? And what were your predicted grades and in which subjects?
I'm panicking because I haven't heard from them!
Original post by LettersFromTheSky
University: King's College London
Course: Biomedical Science
Date application sent: 13th October
Offer conditions: AAB, including A Level Biology and Chemistry by August 2011.
Reaction: I actually felt a bit sick. My predicted grades dont meet the recent change in requirements so for months i told myself I was going to get a rejection, I was pretty okay with the fact too so it was a massive shock when I got the offer. I'm also a bit worried cause, although its a great uni and the course there is amazing, the requirements are gonna be hard to get.

Dude, that's awsome

I've got an offer from King's too, see you there some time! :wink:

Don't be worried, you'll do fine :smile:
University: Edge Hill
Course: English Literature with Creative Writing Q2W9
Date application sent: 8th January
Decision: Unconditional
Offer conditions: Send copies of qualifications
Reaction: Woop woop!!!!! But jittery, actually. I think I am in shock!!!! Was my top uni choice so yayy!!!
Reply 403
International Relations offer from Birmingham Uni ABB. Got offer back in Dec, but just joined TSR!

Going to visit day on Wed.
Reply 404
Original post by kaseydupree
Its offers the best course for what I want. It's not about it being the best university. I happen to have chosen a university with my best interests in mind- not prestige. The course is more suited to what I want than what top universities offer through the balance of the course. I got an A in A Level English Lit. It's pretty obvious I'm not just picking an easy option, I'm picking something I WANT, not something that just looks good. No point spending the next three years thinking, 'if only I went somewhere that suits me'.

This is what I'm not sure about. I got an offer from Sheff Halam, but I also got one from Huddersfield and if I get one from Hull, I'm not sure what to do. I like Sheff Halam the most for the place, the course is the same anywhere but if I go to the other 2 I think I would be more employable after the course. Do you think it's best to go with what suits you rather than what looks better on paper?
Original post by Louzilla
This is what I'm not sure about. I got an offer from Sheff Halam, but I also got one from Huddersfield and if I get one from Hull, I'm not sure what to do. I like Sheff Halam the most for the place, the course is the same anywhere but if I go to the other 2 I think I would be more employable after the course. Do you think it's best to go with what suits you rather than what looks better on paper?

It depends what you want to do. I personally want to write for a living, therefore choosing the course I have benefits me most, but doesn't necessarily look best on paper. If you are just after a degree to get a good graduate job at the end of it (not necessarily related to the course), I would go with the one that looks best- so long as you won't be miserable for three years. But if the course is the same at all of them, does it make that much of a difference?
Reply 406
Original post by kaseydupree
It depends what you want to do. I personally want to write for a living, therefore choosing the course I have benefits me most, but doesn't necessarily look best on paper. If you are just after a degree to get a good graduate job at the end of it (not necessarily related to the course), I would go with the one that looks best- so long as you won't be miserable for three years. But if the course is the same at all of them, does it make that much of a difference?

I think I will just go for Sheffield Halam because at the end of the day, a degree is a degree. It doesn't always matter which university you went to. Thanks
Reply 407
Got offers from Sheffield, Lancaster, Northumbria & Leeds to to History & Politics :biggrin:

Got all of them in October, still waiting on Newcastle though :/
Reply 408
University: Leicester
Course: English Studies
Date application sent: 9th jan
Decision: Unconditional
Offer conditions: AAB is the typical offer
Reaction:Woo! My first offer! Leicester is my fourth favourite choice after Nottingham, Warwick and Birmingham, all of which I haven't heard anything from yet, but naturally assumed I would be rejected from all my choices, so pretty happy. :smile:
Ive been offered an Unconditional place at Derby Uni for Education Studies, Im really happy for having an offer and its an amazing insurance, however it wasnt the course I applied for, I applied for Primary teaching but the grade requirments have gone up, therefore I dont meet them. Though Im excited to have somewhere to go!
Reply 410
Got offers from Cardiff, (AAB), Birmingham, Surrey, UEA and Kent (all ABB) before Christmas for International Relations.

Will probably choose Birmingham as firm and UEA as insurance. Will have to see Cardiff again, as I can't remember it!
Reply 411
Aston asking ABB for Politics public policy management. I'm quite chuffed, but was hoping for BBB so I could medium it.....
Reply 412

Original post by paxy
University: LSE
Course: Government and Economics
Date application sent: October
Decision: Unsuccessful
Reaction: Devastated, i worked hard all my school career, im predicted A*A*AA and was applying for a course that requires AAB, what on earth else did they want from me. Think i need to go do some hard thought out fishing.

Don't worry about, LSE are so selective it's ridicules. I've got A*AA and applied to do International Relations, I bet I'll definitely be rejected. Don't take it personally, my mate was predicted A*A*A* and got rejected... I'm sure you're damn clever, you'll do great without LSE.
University: Kingston University
Course: Computing with Business
Date Application Sent: December
Reaction: WooHoo! Insurance Choice, for sure!
Still waiting to hear from UCA, Portsmouth and Falmouth. Portsmouth haven't asked for anything additional whereas UCA and Falmouth have. I sent UCA a portfolio over a week ago, but I've not sent Falmouth anything yet because they asked for a piece of work that was only a page long.

I don't have anything that short!
Reply 415
Original post by kevin6767

Original post by kevin6767
Maybe your school gave you a bad reference? Or they didn't like your PS as much as someone else. They must get thousands of A* candidates so the only way to discriminate between them is the PS and references. Sorry all the same if it was your first choice but if you applied to them you must have applied to some other great uni's :smile:

Thanks, yeah ive got an offer from Warwick, so not too bad a uni to back on tbh :smile: But i dunno what did it, apparently i had a guid reference and a guid personal statement. Maybes they were looking for me to be able to do handstands as well :P Ahwell
Reply 416
Original post by paxy
Thanks, yeah ive got an offer from Warwick, so not too bad a uni to back on tbh :smile: But i dunno what did it, apparently i had a guid reference and a guid personal statement. Maybes they were looking for me to be able to do handstands as well :P Ahwell

Maybe they're looking for people who can spell 'good'.
Reply 417
Original post by paxy

why not ring them up or mail them and ask the reason for being rejected...:rolleyes:
it will definitely put your mind at rest..:smile:
Reply 418
Original post by metjush
University: University of Warwick
Course: Economics (L100)
Date Application sent: 14/10/2010
Offer conditions: IB 38 Points, 6 in HL Math, 5 in English
Your reaction: I love the tension inbetween receiving the UCAS Notification email and opening the Choices page on Track. Quite pleased, though it is probably a place I want to go to the least.

Cambridges offer is conditional of 45 points???! thats crazy! you cant drop a single point!!! I have only ever seen one person manage that score lol.
Reply 419
Original post by joyina

Original post by joyina
I applied for the same thing! :frown: Oh well. Good luck with the rest of your application!

University: University of Edinburgh
Course: Economics and Politics
Date application sent: Mid-december
Decision: Conditional!
Offer conditions: BBB including Math
Reaction: Pretty glad :smile: It's one of my insurance choices!

University: University of St Andrews
Course: Economics and International Relations
Date application sent: Mid-december
Decision: Conditional!
Offer conditions: AAB
Reaction: Yay :biggrin: But I'm not sure if I can scrape pass with my horrendous History A-level though x_x

Waiting from LSE, Durham and Warwick~~

I applied to Warwick, LSE, Durham and St Andrews too; to do International Relations/Philosophy :smile: Well done with St Andrews, that's my first choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending