The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katey_doodles
I'm just after realising, yes.
Boy, do I feel dense :blushing:

You're just a pretty face. :frown:
Original post by Phalanges
Victor Chandler, only place I can see which has the majority of awards and the place for accumulators.

Although I know very little of betting (I literally only do the Oscars every year :p:) and I know you do more so if you have any tips on betting types or sites I'm all ears. :teeth:

I've accounts on Betfair and Coral but neither have accumulators available at the moment. I'll keep you informed if this changes.
Original post by unknownking321
You're just a pretty face. :frown:

I'm not even a pretty face, m'afraid :frown:
I don't think Inception is deserving of Best Picture really. It is a marvellous film but i just don't think it quite makes it.
Watched Run Lola Run for the first time yesterday - I have to say, it really blew me away! The acting was great, the cinematography was just unbelievable, and the story line was really very interesting :smile: it really opens up the whole argument of chance vs. fate...plus her hair was really cool :tongue:

On an unrelated note, what do we think of the Oscar nominations?
Personally, I think that the competition is really tight this year! I can't call it at all. :confused:

That film is wicked been a while since I watched it though, but I still remember that crazy techno soundtrack :tongue:. If you like that sort of movie wth chance vs fate I think you'd like Sliding Doors which has gwyneth Paltrow I think...
I'm not even a pretty face, m'afraid :frown:

:frown: Simply someone who has her dense moments and is into world cinema?

That's good enough for me. :yes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yokabasha
That film is wicked been a while since I watched it though, but I still remember that crazy techno soundtrack :tongue:. If you like that sort of movie wth chance vs fate I think you'd like Sliding Doors which has gwyneth Paltrow I think...

Ahh, yes! The soundtrack is immense - it keeps your blood pumping the whole way through!
Hmm...I've never heard of it - I'll have to give it a watch sometime! Thanks for the recommendation :smile:

:frown: Simply someone who has her dense moments and is into world cinema?

That's good enough for me. :yes:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg :wink:

:lol:
Original post by cambo211
I don't think Inception is deserving of Best Picture really. It is a marvellous film but i just don't think it quite makes it.

It is a great film, but I agree... for me there's just something about it :confused:

Which film do you think deserves it?
Reply 7268
I've read Anette Benning is likely to receive the Best Actress (her or Portman). I haven't seen The Kids Are All Right yet, what do people think of her nomination?
Original post by smallfish
It is a great film, but I agree... for me there's just something about it :confused:

Which film do you think deserves it?

It's between the social network or the kings speech.

I think it'll be the social network though.
Okay, seen The Fighter now. Very good film, elevated above mediocrity by Christian Bale's performance, I think. If he gets the Oscar, he deserves it. :yy:
Reply 7271
Women; they might as well be another species. I actually bought On the Origin of Species the other day, maybe that will give me some much needed insight.
What are dead certain wins at the oscars?

If i stick a fiver on that it covers me and i can mess around with the other 5.
Original post by Firaila
:facepalm:

Maths exam today messed me up

Exam go well? :tongue:

Original post by channy
It's nothing new. So many sequels have rode the success of the first, and the results are often gruesome.

What book are you currently reading? I've taken to stalking your reading list because you have such a :coma: taste in literature.

Original post by yokabasha
x

Original post by Perfectionist
x

x

jhubbert
x

Welcome to our humble chat thread. :h:
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again." :mute:

The Social Network
Colin Firth
David Fincher
Christian Bale

:yes:
The Social Network
Colin Firth
David Fincher
Christian Bale

:yes:

Those 4 along with Toy Story 3 and The Kings Speech at the Baftas only gets me £10.96 for a £5 bet :nope:

Need to add in some more i think.

That's what I think:

Original post by Phalanges
Right then, let's see if I can be uber-conservative and still make reasonable odds:

Oscars - Colin Firth (actor), Christian Bale (supporting), David Fincher (director), Biutiful (foreign), Toy Story 3 (animated), Sorkin (adapted screenplay), Inside Job (doc)

BAFTA - King's Speech (film), Fincher (director), Colin Firth, Natalie Portman (actress), HBC (supporting)

Goya - Javier Bardem (actor)

SAG - Colin Firth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale

London Critic's Circle - Colin Firth

Odds of 58.39/1. Not bad considering there's not one choice there I'm not confident of.
Those 4 along with Toy Story 3 and The Kings Speech at the Baftas only gets me £10.96 for a £5 bet :nope:

Need to add in some more i think.

What site are you using? :holmes:

Aaron Sorkin
Inside Job (tip from Phalanges)

All the rest are pretty open.
What site are you using? :holmes:

Aaron Sorkin
Inside Job (tip from Phalanges)

All the rest are pretty open.

http://www.victorchandler.com/vcbet/en-gb/sports/vc_index/22889

Latest