Date Application sent: 07/01/2011
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: Pass Access Course 30 Credits at Level 3 Merit or above
Your reaction: Seriously happy, my first offer and insurance hopefully :smile:

UCL only require a pass..?:s-smilie: WOW..:|
Reply 421
Original post by love_junkie298
UCL only require a pass..?:s-smilie: WOW..:|

It's UCLan, University of Central Lancashire :wink: and its pass 30 credits at level 3 with merit or above.
Sheffield Uni better than the rest :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
Maybe they're looking for people who can spell 'good'.

:rofl: Words out of my mouth! :biggrin:

PS. What an unflattering pic of Kate Middleton in your sig! :teehee: I would have loved to see her to do list on the day she met Prince William! :tongue:
Reply 424
University: University of Manchester
Course: Chemical Engineering
Date application sent: 14th Jan 2011
Decision: Unconditional
Reaction: Yahoo! But I'm still waiting for UCL :smile:
Reply 425
Original post by Sequoia Throne
University: Derby
Course: Business Management
Date Application Sent: 02/12/10
Offer Conditions: 240 UCAS Points
Your Reaction: Fantastic! I now have offers from all five uni's!

congo on your fiver!! im just a step away of doing the same hopefully :smile:
by chance have you visited dmu...
ive applied to the same course... :biggrin:
cant decide between Imperial or Bristol as my insurance choices for biology. Both offers are AAB. Any advice welcome :tongue:
Reply 427
Original post by archonhades
cant decide between Imperial or Bristol as my insurance choices for biology. Both offers are AAB. Any advice welcome :tongue:

I its relevant look at the costs you'll be facing, maybe that would sway your decision.
I cant speak for Imperial, though Ive lived in Bristol, visited Bristol Uni and have applied there myself, its an amazing place to live, beautiful city and smashing night life. You'll definitely love it there! Maybe there are some forums on Imperial uni? You always have time for an open day, so maybe u can make it a trip with a few friends to test the nightlife and area as well...
Original post by tajmahal
congo on your fiver!! im just a step away of doing the same hopefully :smile:
by chance have you visited dmu...
ive applied to the same course... :biggrin:

Nah I haven't. The only place I've been on an open day to is Derby. I fancy checking out Sheffield Hallam though on a post-offer open day, or possibly DMU....Not sure which I'd prefer. I'm going to have a good hard think about my choices, I have friends who know people at SHU who say it is great, but DMU seems pretty good too.
University: Kent
Course: Social Science
Date Application Sent: 24/12/2010
Offer Conditions: Grade C in GCSE English
Your Reaction: Woooo! Very Happy! - I was expecting a rejection as my personal statement was written towards applying for Media and Culture, but I just added Social Science at Kent just in case I went off Media haha, so I'm pretty surprised they gave me an offer!
Reply 430
Course is Primary Education.

Rejection from Chester, Edge Hill and Leeds Met. :rolleyes:

Interview from Cumbria - And I don't think I want to go there. Just waiting for Wolves to reject me and then I'll be done :biggrin:

Don't know whether to go into clearing in August or just go into FT work? :confused:
Reply 431
Original post by Sequoia Throne
Nah I haven't. The only place I've been on an open day to is Derby. I fancy checking out Sheffield Hallam though on a post-offer open day, or possibly DMU....Not sure which I'd prefer. I'm going to have a good hard think about my choices, I have friends who know people at SHU who say it is great, but DMU seems pretty good too.

plz let me know if you finally do go for the dmu open day...
idk what to do with their offer tbh.. :confused:
Original post by rainbow10831

Original post by rainbow10831
University:
London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: International Relations and History
Date App Sent: October 11th
Decision: Conditional (37 IB with 6,6,6, in HL)
Your Reaction:
YESSSSS FIRST CHOICE!

wow congrats i applied for the same course but havent received a reply yet..may u know where u are from?
hello!
Could anyone help me correct this email? im not a native english speaker..so if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes please tell me! THANK YOU A LOT!

Dear admission office,
My name is Lisa Muster and my Personal ID is *********. I applied for the course ****.
Due to the change in the exams I am going to take for the Austrian Matura I feel obliged to inform you that the 7 subjects for my finals are history, sociology and political science (oral), Latin (oral), French (written), English (oral), English (written), Mathematics (written) and German (written).
In my application I only entered the exams for the Matura. However, I was later told that I should have listed all the subjects for this year.
Apart from the subjects mentioned above I am also studying geography and economics, Chinese, chemistry, physics, psychology and philosophy, communication, music and PE at school.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience I have caused.
Kind regards,
Original post by Seentje
University: Manchester
Course: Anthropology BSocSC
Date Application Sent 15/01/2010
Decision: Unsucceful
Your Reaction: That's rubbish, just got rejected by my first choice :frown:

:frown: :frown:

I know how you feel. Manchester rejected me a week after I sent off my UCAS form. And it was the first uni to hear from...
But anyway a week later I got an offer from Exeter.... so It's darkest before the dawn, you know :smile:

Good luck.... Manchester doesn't deserve us apparently :biggrin:
University: University of Bath
Course: Computer Systems Engineering
Offer: B in A-Level Maths and DM (Distinction and Merit) in BTEC National Certificate in IT.

University: University of East Anglia
Offer: BBB in Maths, English Literature & Sociology.

University: University of Loughborough
Course: Electronic & Computer Systems Engineering with Foundation Year (needed Physics so have to do F-year)
Offer: 230 UCAS points

University: University of Lancaster
Offer: Pending

University: University of Cardiff
Offer: Pending
Reply 436
Original post by Cherryblossom4you
hello!
Could anyone help me correct this email? im not a native english speaker..so if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes please tell me! THANK YOU A LOT!

Dear admission office,
My name is Lisa Muster and my Personal ID is *********. Iapplied for the course ****.
Due to the change in the exams I am going to take for the Austrian Matura I feel obliged to inform you that the 7 subjects for my finals are history, sociology and political science (oral), Latin (oral), French (written), English (oral), English (written), Mathematics (written) and German (written).
In my application I only entered the exams for the Matura. However, I was later told that I should have listed all the subjects for this year.
Apart from the subjects mentioned above I am also studying geography and economics, Chinese, chemistry, physics, psychology and philosophy, communication, music and PE at school.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience I have caused.
Kind regards,

Just one thing...since your applying to uk its apologise..
your subjects such be in capital (i.e. chenistry, physics etc.)

thing rest of it is fine..:smile:
Reply 437
Original post by tajmahal
Just one thing...since your applying to uk its apologise..
your subjects such be in capital (i.e. chenistry, physics etc.)

thing rest of it is fine..:smile:
Well, no, in fact she has got it right, as she is talking about subjects not courses. So, her list "geography and economics, Chinese, chemistry, physics, psychology and philosophy, communication, music and PE" is correctly written.

I agree with you about 'apologise' though :smile:
Reply 438
Original post by Minerva
Well, no, in fact she has got it right, as she is talking about subjects not courses. So, her list "geography and economics, Chinese, chemistry, physics, psychology and philosophy, communication, music and PE" is correctly written.

I agree with you about 'apologise' though :smile:

ohh well, learnt something new... cool :wink:
Reply 439
Original post by Samg123
Yeahhh they were rather nice...

Are you planning to get any feedback?
And if so- how does one go about that? :smile:

Did you get any feedback? I guess you just have to email Pembroke for it? Think I might.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending