The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arshavin has been utter garbage for most of this season. His passing is atrocious and his one usual strength, finishing, has also been poor. He's lazy and gives the ball away far, far too much. He doesn't track back like midfielders. He is basically a forward for us. His stats are not impressive for a team with ambitions to win the title. Nasri and Walcott have out-performed him by some distance after you account for their defensive work. That said, I think he will finish the season strongly and make a good contribution -- not because the penny will have dropped, but because he's just too talented not to. He says he wants to be remembered as a magician but I'm starting to get sick of his paul daniels rubbish. At the moment, he's no magician. He's just a fat, unprofessional ****.
Congratulations on the final guise!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 2282
Original post by Mastermind`

Spoiler

It's still a piece of silverware that can go into our trophy cabinate.. For a team that hasn't won a major trophy in a few years, it does mean alot, even if it is the CC ffs. :fatcontroller:
Original post by Pedus
It's still a piece of silverware that can go into our trophy cabinate.. For a team that hasn't won a major trophy in a few years, it does mean alot, even if it is the CC ffs. :fatcontroller:

Fixed. :h:
We've won a few Emirates Cups Kev. It's still a trophy. :fyi:
No, just no. :facepalm2:
Original post by Overmars
Arshavin has been utter garbage for most of this season. His passing is atrocious and his one usual strength, finishing, has also been poor. He's lazy and gives the ball away far, far too much. He doesn't track back like midfielders. He is basically a forward for us. His stats are not impressive for a team with ambitions to win the title. Nasri and Walcott have out-performed him by some distance after you account for their defensive work. That said, I think he will finish the season strongly and make a good contribution -- not because the penny will have dropped, but because he's just too talented not to. He says he wants to be remembered as a magician but I'm starting to get sick of his paul daniels rubbish. At the moment, he's no magician. He's just a fat, unprofessional ****.

He's third on the Premier League assists table though.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics
And he managed two last night. I agree though, his passing and finishing have been woeful of late but he is still a huge asset to the team.
You aint won the Carling Cup yet guys :wink:
Reply 2288
Original post by cunningstunt87
You aint won the Carling Cup yet guys :wink:

But Arsenal gonna win it doe, DONT WATCH! :colonhash:
Lets keep the overconfidence aside :colonhash: this is arsenal...no win is sure
Original post by Pedus
But Arsenal gonna win it doe, DONT WATCH! :colonhash:

I'll respond to this tomorrow. Not gonna tempt fate!!
Original post by badger-man
He's third on the Premier League assists table though.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics
And he managed two last night. I agree though, his passing and finishing have been woeful of late but he is still a huge asset to the team.

He's on ok asset to the squad.

He's a huge asset to Greggs.

Fat ****.
Original post by Mastermind`

Spoiler

Who do you follow? If it's United, well you won it last season. if it's Spurs, it's the only major trophy you've won period for twenty years or so. if it's Chelsea, well you won the Double last year (we hold the record, albeit joint, so it's no bother to me), but we still have more tradition than you despite not winning a trophy in almost 6 years. :colone: Oh, and if it's Liverpool, then 2006 is only one year ahead of 2005. Scousers hold little to no right to criticise Gooners for not winning anything of late.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rajandkwameali
Who do you follow? If it's United, well you won it last season. if it's Spurs, it's the only major trophy you've won period for twenty years or so. if it's Chelsea, well you won the Double last year (we hold the record, albeit joint, so it's no bother to me), but we still have more tradition than you despite not winning a trophy in almost 6 years. :colone: Oh, and if it's Liverpool, then 2006 is only one year ahead of 2005. Scousers hold little to no right to criticise Gooners for not winning anything of late.

lolololol, what a joker.

Can't wait to see Foster lift the CC after a penalty shoot-out. :king1:
Original post by Kevmeister
Fixed. :h:

Are you as annoying in person as you are on the internet? Just wondering.
Original post by TuckingFypo™
lolololol, what a joker.

Can't wait to see Foster lift the CC after a penalty shoot-out. :king1:

what I said are simply facts.

It would be good to beat a team who is going down, so Brum or the Hammers, I don't care. :wink:
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Are you as annoying in person as you are on the internet? Just wondering.

Yes.

The internet; serious business.
Reply 2297
Original post by Hoozo
Adkins the Southampton manager has already said that he is not for sale, so why make an offer? And then why come public with it? Both are unneccesary and will clearly unsettle the player. Wenger took issue with Barcas bids for Fabregas after he had said he is not for sale.

You fail to realise the Barca issue is the weekly "Cesc has barca DNA" stories, the constant attempts to unsettle him. I don't think Wenger would mind Barca bidding for Fabregas as much as they like if they did it club to club. If you know anything about Wenger then you know he does these transfers professionally, the media don't tend to know anything until it's a done deal..

Edit- oops think this post might have been a bit old, not the latest in the thread like I thought!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rajandkwameali

Manchester United. It's a minor trophy, it doesn't leave me smiling for weeks. :no: Banging on about tradition makes you seem like a prick, btw.

Edit: Not saying it's a useless trophy to win, it will give you some confidence perhaps. That's it. But once all the other 'big' teams had ****ed up, it was pretty clear who was going to win it.
(edited 13 years ago)
According to Sagna's brand new (and official) Twitter profile, he can't remember a thing about the incident, and was given the day off training today.

Latest