The Student Room Group

University of York Economics applicants

I am starting to get worried as I applied to York for Economics and Finance over seven weeks ago and have only had a acknowledgement.

I know that other Economics applicants have had offers back.

Has anyone else applied to Economics and Finance at York and if you have, have you received an offer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by haaroon321
I am starting to get worried as I applied to York for Economics and Finance over seven weeks ago and have only had a acknowledgement.

Has anyone else applied to Economics and Finance at York and if you have, have you received an offer.

I'm not sure about economics and finance, but I did get an offer from York for economics. They want AAB which I don't think is too difficult to get. I waited for about a month and got my offer. Just got my offer last Friday:biggrin:
Reply 2
i know on their website it says 6-8 weeks for economics minimum to process a form so your only just over the minimum of 6 weeks so i would not start getting to worried just yet
Reply 3

They will get round to you, they offer in batches.
What grades did you get, GCSE AS levels etc.
Reply 4
Original post by SPMS
They will get round to you, they offer in batches.
What grades did you get, GCSE AS levels etc.

Sorry for the delay to responding. Still not heard anything from York yet.
At GCSE I got 7A's and 4'BS. At AS level I got an A in Business Studies, A in Maths, C in English lang lit and C in History.
A2 Predictions:
Business Studies= A*
Maths= A
English lang/lit= B
General Studies= A
EPQ - on economics= A*
Their standerd offer is AAB at A level.
Reply 5
I applied for Economics and Finance at York uni on the 19th of October 2010.
Only had a comfirmation and nothing since then.
Has anyone else had an offer from the economics department at York uni.
Does anyone know how York give out offers?
i got an unconditional offer from york a few weeks ago for economics and finance...will most probably go there
Reply 7
Original post by sweet_like_sugar
i got an unconditional offer from york a few weeks ago for economics and finance...will most probably go there

Have you already done your A levels or did York just give you an unconditional based upon your AS grades? What were your AS grades/GCSE, if you don't mind me asking.
Reply 8
I got offer for Economics and Maths, but probably it was from Maths department I guess.

Offer is conditional, just a B
Reply 9
I got an offer for economics back on the 1st november :smile:
Have you already done your A levels or did York just give you an unconditional based upon your AS grades? What were your AS grades/GCSE, if you don't mind me asking.

Oh i've done my A levels already...my A level results were A*AB in Business, Accounting and Maths..My GCSEs were nothing spectacular..i got
Maths - A*
Sociology - A*
RE - A*
English Language - A
Business Studies - A
Citizenship - A
History - A
Science - A
English Literature - B
Food Technology - C
Drama - C
I received an unconditional but for Economics, Econometrics and Finance back in December
I'm in a similar position to you Haaroon321, I applied in november for Economics at York and have only recieved the confirmation email.
Reply 13
Same here, I have all my other offers back but im still waiting for EconFi at York :/
All my mates who have applied for flat Econ have got their offers.

Pretty worried and it looks like a great course.
Reply 14
where else you applied?
Reply 15
Original post by walker575
where else you applied?

City University London
University of Leeds
Lancaster University
University of Manchester

I have offers from all of the above but still nothing from York.
I applied on the 19th October.
Reply 16
Same here, I have all my other offers back but im still waiting for EconFi at York :/
All my mates who have applied for flat Econ have got their offers.

Pretty worried and it looks like a great course.

What were your grades like and where else have you applied?
Reply 17
I have applied to York, Manchester, Loughborough, Sheffield, Surrey. Looking at AAB, A*AB if I work enough :P

You spoke to them at all? The only contact I have had from York is the confirmation and a second confirmation on their receiving of my work reference to attach to the application.
Reply 18
I have applied to York, Manchester, Loughborough, Sheffield, Surrey. Looking at AAB, A*AB if I work enough :P

You spoke to them at all? The only contact I have had from York is the confirmation and a second confirmation on their receiving of my work reference to attach to the application.

I have only had one confirmation, that was when I sent off my application. That's the only contact I have had with them for 3 months.
What did you apply for at Manchester?
Reply 19
Original post by OVERCAPITALISED
I'm in a similar position to you Haaroon321, I applied in november for Economics at York and have only recieved the confirmation email.

When did you apply? And what are you're grades like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending