The Student Room Group

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by brendan.
How did you find them? :biggrin: Question 7 in M1 was a b**ch. 10 marks down the drain! :grin:

OCR MEI?
The last question was the only question I could do :tongue:
Basically... I don't know anything about M1 :tongue:
Original post by xPixie
OCR MEI?
The last question was the only question I could do :tongue:
Basically... I don't know anything about M1 :tongue:

Yeah! The projectiles one. I spent 45 minutes on it, and still couldn't get anywhere. I think exams had sucked it out of me by that point! oh deaaar.
Reply 262
Original post by brendan.
Yeah! The projectiles one. I spent 45 minutes on it, and still couldn't get anywhere. I think exams had sucked it out of me by that point! oh deaaar.

You've probably done alot better than you thought :smile: Half the people in my school who took M1 don't need it as we took 2 applied last year anyway, this is for AS Further Maths.. So most people just sat there for 1.5 hours :tongue: Three people walked out :s-smilie: But yeah, the projectiles question was the only one I could do other than the graph and displacement on question 1.. :biggrin: Thank god :tongue:
Reply 263
Original post by parallal
Well, I know what exam I'm retaking in the summer....

For the question about why it's easier to recycle the polymers in nappies than the polymers in mixed compounds (or something like that) I put that mixed polymers have stronger IMF and more energy is needed to break the bonds and separate the chains.... My friends said that was wrong. ): What did everyone else put for that question?

And I completely messed up that last question. Apparently you weren't supposed to divide by 1000. *facepalm*

I put in mixed polymers different monomers have to be recycled in different ways so it will take more time :/

and, aren't we supposed to times it by 1000?

Original post by Conor 419
:colondollar:

I got 24

did you use the results in experiment 1? coz we were meant to use experiment 2.
I used experiment 1 at first and got 24. when i went thru the paper again i realised that i hv to look at 2 so i quickly changed it and got 12
Reply 264
What did people get for the very first question. Something about medicines or something?
Reply 265
I think i got 24 and units as mol-2 dm6 s-1
Deffo a tricky exam!

For the calculating mass one i'm sure i ended up with something like 1.78g :s-smilie:

Also what was the compound called that we had to name?

And why was the value of the voltmeter different?
Original post by MD 4p6
I think i got 24 and units as mol-2 dm6 s-1

Wow, exactly same as me! Unfortunately I think it's wrong :frown: (refer to previous posts)
Original post by zahre
What did people get for the very first question. Something about medicines or something?

I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs
Reply 269
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
Deffo a tricky exam!

For the calculating mass one i'm sure i ended up with something like 1.78g :s-smilie:

Also what was the compound called that we had to name?

And why was the value of the voltmeter different?

do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless :frown:

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!
Original post by MD 4p6
do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless :frown:

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!

We didn't have to name the complex did we?
Reply 271
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs

saaaaame. :biggrin:
Reply 272
we had to name it, the colour and co-ordination number,or perhaps i read the question wrong :/ either way i've failed
Original post by MD 4p6
we had to name it, the colour and co-ordination number,or perhaps i read the question wrong :/ either way i've failed

swear it was to name the shape of it dude?
Reply 274
Original post by hidden_desire
Wow, exactly same as me! Unfortunately I think it's wrong :frown: (refer to previous posts)

It probably is wrong, my friends didnt get that either :frown:
I'm pretty sure we didn't have to name the complex. It was the shape!
Reply 276
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
swear it was to name the shape of it dude?

hmmm, maybe. My answers were hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, Octahedral and Orange. Are we refering to the same question?
Reply 277
Im most likely wrong, it wouldnt surprise me :/
Original post by MD 4p6
hmmm, maybe. My answers were hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, Octahedral and Orange. Are we refering to the same question?

I put 6, octahedral and orange
Original post by MD 4p6

It was co ordination number, (6), name of shape of molecule (octohedral) and colour, I put down red-brown.

Quick Reply

Latest