The Student Room Group

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MD 4p6
do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless :frown:

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!

No I didn't mean that, I also thought they said name the shape so I put octohedral.

Sorry i meant the one at the top of a right hand page and i put propylamine for it but i've never been very good at naming
Reply 281
Yeah.........I am wrong! I cleary didnt read the question :'(
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I put 6, octahedral and orange

I did too! :biggrin:
Reply 283
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
No I didn't mean that, I also thought they said name the shape so I put octohedral.

Sorry i meant the one at the top of a right hand page and i put propylamine for it but i've never been very good at naming

oh that question, yeah i got propylamine. Well atleast we've established my other answer is wrong :frown:
i put octahedral (initially put tertahedral D: but changed it last minute phew!) 6 and red/orange? will it be ok to put red/orange?
and i said 1-aminoprapane for naming it!! i completely forgot how to do it! ahh ive lost so many stupid marks where i panicked
Original post by Hannah17493
I did too! :biggrin:

Same! *high five*
Reply 287
Original post by del1rious
i put octahedral (initially put tertahedral D: but changed it last minute phew!) 6 and red/orange? will it be ok to put red/orange?

yeah, red/orage will be fine x
Original post by del1rious
and i said 1-aminoprapane for naming it!! i completely forgot how to do it! ahh ive lost so many stupid marks where i panicked

I wrote that first, then changed it to propylamine. I think you would probably get the mark though :smile:
Reply 289
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs

I wrote exactly the same. Was kinda suprised with the fact that the first question was from storylines. What about for the oxidation states question and which is the reducing agent?
Reply 290
Original post by Darthdevidem

Original post by Darthdevidem
what a convoluted paper.

PLEASE TELL ME THE FUNCTIONAL GROUPS WERE ALKENE AND AMIDE!!!!

Some of the questions were soooo weird, but some were so easy. So confused on how that went!

well that's what i got :smile:
Original post by hidden_desire
I wrote that first, then changed it to propylamine. I think you would probably get the mark though :smile:

god i really hope you are right i cannot afford to lose anymore marks than i already have :/
did anyone else write addition and condensation for the cross linking crap??? what a laod of bull that question paper made me want to pick it up and slit my wrists with it.
This went horrendously! June retake I think :frown:
Reply 294

ye i put that too, 1-aminopropane, either way is correct
Reply 295
Original post by zahre
I wrote exactly the same. Was kinda suprised with the fact that the first question was from storylines. What about for the oxidation states question and which is the reducing agent?

I cant remember that well, but i think put Br- as the reducing agent? Or did i put O3? Well what ever i put it took me 5 minutes to come to an answer
Original post by summer_blazed
This went horrendously! June retake I think :frown:

yeah man agreeeeed. but i already have to retake f332 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh such a nightmare i hate this subject.
Original post by xPixie
You've probably done alot better than you thought :smile: Half the people in my school who took M1 don't need it as we took 2 applied last year anyway, this is for AS Further Maths.. So most people just sat there for 1.5 hours :tongue: Three people walked out :s-smilie: But yeah, the projectiles question was the only one I could do other than the graph and displacement on question 1.. :biggrin: Thank god :tongue:

Wow, really? :biggrin: I thought the rest of it was generally okay though, so I think Q7 was really only my complete fail, haa.
How did you find chem?
Wasn't the colour of Fe(III)H206 violet? I put orange/yellow but I looked it up on google and it's purple..
i put br- as the reducing agent because its oxidation number increased?? ahhh i really cant remember now my heads a mess what did everyone else put for this question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending