The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cariie
Hi new to this thread :smile: Has anyone heard back for Natural Sciences yet? :/ Send my UCAS off in October, they emailed me for my subject choices in January (the option apparently hadn't been on my form the when I sent it?) then they said I would hear sometime after January 15th . . .
Anyone heard anything about offers yet?

I sent mine off in October also, and i haven't heard anything at all. I haven't even received an email (but i did make my choices clear). Hoping to her soon, and Durham is now my top choice and is the only university i am still waiting on. It might depend on the subjects you then choose, quite a few chemistry people have heard, but i haven't heard of any maths offers yet. What are your chosen subjects?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3221
Original post by mlsdbk
OMG HELP!!! i got an offer on ucas.. conditional.. but on aes it still says not recieved by college and doesn't say decision made.. im confused.. any advice??

If it's on UCAS, it must be an offer. UCAS is far more reliable than AES.
congrats :biggrin:
Original post by webber8345
oo nice :smile: does s/he like it there?
I applied to Oxford(rejection), Durham(offer), Sussex(offer) and I'm still waiting to hear from St Andrews and Exeter.
Where else did you apply?

Yes! He likes Durham so much!!!
I applied to Oxford (rejection), St Andrews (International Relations), Durham, Warwick and York... :smile:
But I'm still waiting on Warwick, York and St Andrews :smile:
Where have you applied in Durham? I mean, which college? :smile:
Reply 3223
Original post by Hnk2401
If it's on UCAS, it must be an offer. UCAS is far more reliable than AES.
congrats :biggrin:

Thank you but im scared haha nothing on aes and no email by ucas... but im sure its fine it says conditional :biggrin: aaaa im in shock!!
Reply 3224
Original post by Gawge
Anybody received an offer for PPE at Durham yet?

I sent mine off around mid-December. Just wondering what the situation is :tongue:

My friend has one, she applied mid October and got it in December I think, applied to St Chad's and got moved to Van Mildert if that helps you at all? :smile:
Reply 3225
Original post by allbritishgirl
I sent mine off in October also, and i haven't heard anything at all. I haven't even received an email (but i did make my choices clear). Hoping to her soon, and Durham is now my top choice and is the only university i am still waiting on. It might depend on the subjects you then choose, quite a few chemistry people have heard, but i haven't heard of any maths offers yet. What are your chosen subjects?

No matter, just checked my UCAS (you know, one last time for today) and I've got an Unsuccessful :/ Probably because I only do one 'proper' science ah well! Might be worth checking yours, they might be giving out offers at the same time too! Hope you get an offer!
Original post by Kayleyyyy
Yes! He likes Durham so much!!!
I applied to Oxford (rejection), St Andrews (International Relations), Durham, Warwick and York... :smile:
But I'm still waiting on Warwick, York and St Andrews :smile:
Where have you applied in Durham? I mean, which college? :smile:

Confirmed at Hatfield, you?
Confirmed at Hatfield, you?

Confirmed at Castle :smile:
Original post by Cariie
No matter, just checked my UCAS (you know, one last time for today) and I've got an Unsuccessful :/ Probably because I only do one 'proper' science ah well! Might be worth checking yours, they might be giving out offers at the same time too! Hope you get an offer!

sorry to hear that. No i just checked it, still nothing. Thanks. What do you consider a 'proper science' then? What do you take?
Collingwood college confirmed for engineering! Anybody going to the open day there?
Reply 3230
This is the happiest moment of my life!!! I got economics L100!! I am soo happy its my first offer and my top choice :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 3231
Original post by allbritishgirl
sorry to hear that. No i just checked it, still nothing. Thanks. What do you consider a 'proper science' then? What do you take?

Ah it happens, I'll live ey :smile: Saves me waiting any longer I guess! haha I'm doing Geography, Biology and History and I thought Geography would count as a science because it was an subject option on the course, but I suppose History is pretty irrelevant haha I guess I pretty much just count Physics, Chemistry and Biology (and in some cases Maths etc) as 'proper sciences' just because that's what most uni's count as Sciences in their offers :smile:
Reply 3232
I got a conditional offer on ucas but no e-mail.. is this normal? :smile: and aes says its still in department... :s-smilie: but ah well ucas is official so im not worried :smile: good luck to everyone!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by spocckka
Collingwood college confirmed for engineering! Anybody going to the open day there?

I've got an offer from Collingwood as well, it's for physics though, and yeah I'll most likely be going to the open day!
Original post by Kayleyyyy
Confirmed at Castle :smile:

cool, we'll be neighbours :smile:
cool, we'll be neighbours :smile:

haha Probably yes :biggrin:
Yea, I'm half english and I've been living in Italy for the last 6 years so I'm technically a 'home' student. I go to a brit school too but I don't feel particularly british.. or american.. or swedish. I'm having a bit of an identity crisis.
What about you?

I'm from South Africa, but have lived in Portugal for the last 2 years. I know what you mean by the identity crisis though:biggrin:- my parents are british, I live in Portugal but I was born in South Africa... ah well... what can you do :tongue:
Original post by mlsdbk
I got a conditional offer on ucas but no e-mail.. is this normal? :smile: and aes says its still in department... :s-smilie: but ah well ucas is official so im not worried :smile: good luck to everyone!

My email came the day after I think
Well done for your offer! :smile:
Reply 3238
Original post by steffanie
My email came the day after I think
Well done for your offer! :smile:

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :smile: well done! aa im still in shock haha
Original post by mlsdbk
Thank you!!!!!!!!! :smile: well done! aa im still in shock haha

Haha, I was like that, my parents laughed at me because I got so excited :frown:
You'll get to get all excited all over again when you get your email as well :biggrin:
Are you going to the open day?

Latest