The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by broadwayrachael

Original post by broadwayrachael
I applied in September and still nothing :smile: think they've probably got a lot of applicants to fill not many places, so they're carefully considering every application

Yeah you are probably right!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by shubham_ag
Got an unconditional for L100 right now !! :smile:

Actually it's conditional, but the only condition is IELTS which is easy as hell. :biggrin:

Wow, well done! Right this second? *goes to check emails* :tongue:

Original post by Gap Yaring
Yeah you are probably right!

I'm hoping so! I hope they don't hate me :cry2:

Yeah I'm a home student, I've only found one person who has been rejected so far, and haven't seen any offers for I.R. so don't know what to think really! Ahh wells guess we just have to wait and see :smile:

haha yeah :P
i dont want to wait though...warwick is my first realistic choice..where else did u apply to?^^
oh and do u think they interview people...im from austria btw:smile:
Reply 1483
haha I got an offer from politics and international studies but for some bizzare reason they have me down as an overseas student! I need to get that sorted 'cos Im not paying "£12325.00" in tuition fees per year thanks!
Original post by arvnozza
haha I got an offer from politics and international studies but for some bizzare reason they have me down as an overseas student! I need to get that sorted 'cos Im not paying "£12325.00" in tuition fees per year thanks!

Original post by arvnozza

luckkkyy !! i have been waiting for an offer for 2 months now:frown: if you dont mind me asking what was you predicted grades because i applied to german and international studies but still recieved no reply:frown:
Reply 1485
Original post by BigPash
I also got a rejected for Cambridge post-interview and Durham, both for straight history! I have offers for Nottingham and Birmingham for History and Politics, but i really want Warwick!

Where else have you applied?

I've just got home to find an offer on UCAS from Exeter for history im delighted!!!

that means so far for me its:

Cambridge - rejection
Durham - nothing yet
Warwick - nothing yet
Exeter - conditional
UEA - conditional

keep me posted yeah !!!
Reply 1486
Original post by sammydolce
I sent my ucas app in in November (for Italian and Int'l studies) and still haven't heard from them. Supposedly they wait until the 15th of Jan to be fair.

In my sister and her friend's case, when they applied in 2005, her friend's rejection came fairly quickly, while apparently they took AGES to get back to her about her acceptance! so let's hope that no news is good news! :crossedf:

That's made me feel a little bit better :smile: thank you!
Reply 1487
Original post by eshika
YESS! i actually thought i was the only applicant! i know its pretty frustrating, but hopefully we'l hear in less then two weeks :smile:
Tell me when you hear back :smile:

Hopefully it'll be two weeks! I'll let you know :smile: Where else have you applied?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1488
Really hope that I can get AAA to get into Warwick :frown: I got BBBC at AS level, carrying BBC forward to A2. I'm resitting the whole of AS Maths (C1, C2, S1) and I've done a resit in an economics module.

Computing is hopefully a safe A (I was 1 UMS off an A at AS) and the C1 resit went extremely well, got S1 today which I'm quite confident about. C3 was quite horrible but everyone seems to think that. C4 will hopefully push it up and I'll own C2 in June :biggrin: I'm also doing M1 and D1 so I'll take forward the best of those two.

6 solid days to revise Economics (1st Feb) to get a good grade on that!
Original post by Coda
Really hope that I can get AAA to get into Warwick :frown: I got BBBC at AS level, carrying BBC forward to A2. I'm resitting the whole of AS Maths (C1, C2, S1) and I've done a resit in an economics module.

Computing is hopefully a safe A (I was 1 UMS off an A at AS) and the C1 resit went extremely well, got S1 today which I'm quite confident about. C3 was quite horrible but everyone seems to think that. C4 will hopefully push it up and I'll own C2 in June :biggrin: I'm also doing M1 and D1 so I'll take forward the best of those two.

6 solid days to revise Economics (1st Feb) to get a good grade on that!

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 1490
Original post by bagfullofgod
Are you applying for English too?
And don't worry :smile: they do interviews at the end of Feb, and I don't think they've told those people yet? They (were meant to have) told the January lot first.

I wouldn't trust their communications anyway lol!

Yeah, I have. The course looks great but the campus is a bit.. iffy, so I'm not sure how I feel about them, but I'd still like an interview. I just assumed that the February date was for people who'd sent their app nearer the deadline, as I haven't seen anyone who's been offered that (aside from their admin cock-up/people's missing letters). Ah well. Just have to keep waiting.
Reply 1491
Original post by Monicaca
Hopefully it'll be two weeks! I'll let you know :smile: Where else have you applied?

Southampton- conditional
Sussex-conditional
St.Andrews- conditional
Kent-conditional
Warwick-acknowledged

Reply 1492
Original post by eshika

I've got a conditional from Southampton too! :biggrin:

Also applied to Leicester (offer), Liverpool and Newcastle.
Getting obsessed with checking UCAS now!
Reply 1493
Original post by zey <3
luckkkyy !! i have been waiting for an offer for 2 months now:frown: if you dont mind me asking what was you predicted grades because i applied to german and international studies but still recieved no reply:frown:

My predicted grades are:
Geog: A*
Economics: A
Biology: A
Politics [only an AS]: A
[and I did an AS in history and got a B]

I applied late October and only got the offer yesterday so I know how annoying it is to be checking your ucas every day for ages to see if you have got an offer!

For what its worth I wrote a pretty good personal statement as well.

Good luck with your offer:smile:
Reply 1494
applied for biomed got an offer ;D
Original post by Vekeh
Yeah, I have. The course looks great but the campus is a bit.. iffy, so I'm not sure how I feel about them, but I'd still like an interview. I just assumed that the February date was for people who'd sent their app nearer the deadline, as I haven't seen anyone who's been offered that (aside from their admin cock-up/people's missing letters). Ah well. Just have to keep waiting.

Yeah...I know the feeling. I keep reassuring myself by saying that they would have told me by now if I was rejected....
(edited 13 years ago)
going the post-offer open day on the 9th of feb for French, anybody else going then?! :smile:
Offer for Law! :smile:
Reply 1498
Original post by bramz19
Offer for Law! :smile:

Well done man. But I swear down you said that you're going to just cancel that choice since you have offers from UCL and LSE?
Original post by sango
Well done man. But I swear down you said that you're going to just cancel that choice since you have offers from UCL and LSE?

Yep. But it still makes me feel slightly fuzzy and warm.

Only just clocked what you actually mean lol. Didn't go through with it, I was convinced into seeing whether the other offers came through. I'll make my Firm and Insurance decisions as soon as I get King's though.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest