The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warrior-1
Why??????

I support MAnchester CIty!!

Two Manchester City fans, Bob and Bill are sitting down discussing the glory days in a bar.

An old sky blue fan walks in looking distraught.

He walks up to the men and says: You got to help me- my dog is the greatest Manchester City fan in the world. If he finds out Manchester United just won the Premier League, then he's going to be distraught!

The two men look :lolwut: , but decide to be good to the old man like a good Citizen. Bob says,

"Alright mate, dat's pretty ragged. Why don't ya bring over your dog here and we'll break it to him gently?"

The old sky blue is chuffed and goes to bring his dog over. The two men begin to comfort the dog,

"Oi you know how we actually thought that we'd have a chance of winning the Premier League this year... and like how we got all chuffed about getting Tévez and all that..."

The two men go on, and finally break the news to the dog.

Upon hearing that Manchester City has yet again failed to win any major honours, the dog starts running around in circles, barking and howling, before finally collapsing.

"That's amazing!" Says Bill. "What does your dog do when we win?"
The old City fan looks puzzled.
"I don't know. I've only had this dog for 33 years."
(edited 13 years ago)
Gs won the other day :redface: Servet scored :cool:

in other news I have a headache the size of Mexico, too much football manager playing me thinks I can't even construct the simplest of sentences anymore :biggrin: next week I need to give in my dissertation draft of 2000 words as well Allahim sen bana yardim et :redface:
Started the dissertation 500 words 3 references I feel pretty good about my work :P introduction has to be atleast 1500 words hehe hmm threads still dead everyones sleeping I reckon :awesome:
Reply 223
what's your dissertation about ?
"does gangsta rap encourage violence?" I've got to refer to all these theories and academic texts to get my point across it isn't going to be easy :/
Original post by ChaoticSkills
"does gangsta rap encourage violence?" I've got to refer to all these theories and academic texts to get my point across it isn't going to be easy :/

:rofl: Did you actually write it as 'gangsta' too?

You should use this in your dissertation (courtesy of R.M) as a source highlighting the benefits of gangsta rap...

:biggrin:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:rofl: Did you actually write it as 'gangsta' too?

You should use this in your dissertation (courtesy of R.M) as a source highlighting the benefits of gangsta rap...

:biggrin:

haha yeah I did, but I used quote marks around it to make to show my teacher that Im not a badman or rudeboy or whatever dese youts callin dem selves now blud :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah I saw that video as well, hmm maybe I could fit that into the possible positive aspects of gangsta rap maybe I can get a first for this project :redface:

I wanted to do Turkish communities in London but I needed to mention a lot of stuff on discourse and other theories that I have very little knowledge of this one was probably the easiest one for me :redface:
Reply 227

are you serious?! lool what the hell do you study? :biggrin:

p.s im a really gullible person so i'd believe anything.
Reply 228
Gs won the other day :redface: Servet scored :cool:

in other news I have a headache the size of Mexico, too much football manager playing me thinks I can't even construct the simplest of sentences anymore :biggrin: next week I need to give in my dissertation draft of 2000 words as well Allahim sen bana yardim et :redface:

Oh dear, i can feel a potential debate coming up between fener and cimbom fans..
since im on the fener side :smile:
Original post by Selmz
are you serious?! lool what the hell do you study? :biggrin:

p.s im a really gullible person so i'd believe anything.

yea Im serious lol, I do something similar to sociology we were allowed to choose any topic and I chose this one since you have to mention problems within society and the public sphere I figured I could relate such things to this particular debate. It's a lot harder than it sounds trust me :biggrin:

Fener fan? :mad: get lost no im only joking :biggrin:...
Reply 230
yea Im serious lol, I do something similar to sociology we were allowed to choose any topic and I chose this one since you have to mention problems within society and the public sphere I figured I could relate such things to this particular debate. It's a lot harder than it sounds trust me :biggrin:

Fener fan? :mad: get lost no im only joking :biggrin:...

yeah i guess you can find a lot of resources and articles on the net and stuff.. well good luck!
no offense sociology is definitely not my thing so i wouldnt know much about it anyway.

Yep koyu fenerli :wink:
Original post by Selmz
yeah i guess you can find a lot of resources and articles on the net and stuff.. well good luck!
no offense sociology is definitely not my thing so i wouldnt know much about it anyway.

Yep koyu fenerli :wink:

Theres resources everywhere lol but I still have library books just in case :biggrin: so what are you studying out of curiosity :confused:

koyu fenerli haha no such thing exists :biggrin:
Reply 232
Theres resources everywhere lol but I still have library books just in case :biggrin: so what are you studying out of curiosity :confused:

koyu fenerli haha no such thing exists :biggrin:

hah i can prove it does!

well 2nd year with a-levels maths physics graphics & turkish (lol) that was just to boost my ucas points up :smile:

and applied for aeronautical engineering in brighton uni insallah.

so not a girl thing :/ you wouldn't expect it from someone like me too :biggrin:
Original post by Selmz
hah i can prove it does!

well 2nd year with a-levels maths physics graphics & turkish (lol) that was just to boost my ucas points up :smile:

and applied for aeronautical engineering in brighton uni insallah.

so not a girl thing :/ you wouldn't expect it from someone like me too :biggrin:

haha wow, my cousins doing a similar degree he's doing mechanical engineering I think he's doing his masters right about now. Hope you get the place, Im jealous I wish my brain was advanced enough to do maths at A level :biggrin: but its not so theres not much that can be done.
Reply 234
haha wow, my cousins doing a similar degree he's doing mechanical engineering I think he's doing his masters right about now. Hope you get the place, Im jealous I wish my brain was advanced enough to do maths at A level :biggrin: but its not so theres not much that can be done.

i'll have lots of boys in my class too.. lovely that's more competition for me.
my brother does mechanical engineering too :biggrin:

oh yeah im not that good at maths though i must admit.. :frown: are you in uni or doing masters ?
Original post by Selmz
i'll have lots of boys in my class too.. lovely that's more competition for me.
my brother does mechanical engineering too :biggrin:

oh yeah im not that good at maths though i must admit.. :frown: are you in uni or doing masters ?

lol im in the last year of uni :biggrin:
Reply 236
lol im in the last year of uni :biggrin:

funnn :smile:
Original post by Selmz
funnn :smile:

it's fun but it's a relief knowing its my last year :biggrin:
Reply 238
Yeyyyy I have just come up with my essay titles!!!! after 2 weeks and nearly having a breakdown:eek: I am on my way :smile: wow what a relief..I have a meeting with my lecturer tomorrow and I will show my essay plan to her!!:biggrin::smile: wow its been a very difficult and long week!
Original post by G_S
Yeyyyy I have just come up with my essay titles!!!! after 2 weeks and nearly having a breakdown:eek: I am on my way :smile: wow what a relief..I have a meeting with my lecturer tomorrow and I will show my essay plan to her!!:biggrin::smile: wow its been a very difficult and long week!

umarim iyi bir not alirsin bitirince it's really difficult to come up with an essay question when it's open ended gives more of a reason for the lecturers to be lazy I reckon

Quick Reply