The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I also use Launcher Pro and can definitely recommend it. :yep:
Original post by 101101

Original post by 101101
Sorry to sound stupid but what are the best bits about launcher pro? and is laucher pro plus worth it?

Thanks

Im not using it now but when I did I plainly used it for the scrimmage widgets; the texting one was nice before I gotnhandacent and I liked the twitter facebook one too.

But having a new launcher is always great.
Another LPP lover here. :biggrin:
All about ADWex (ADW 1.21)
The dock is the most obvious thing to mention about Launcher Pro! Besides allowing you to add a tonne of quick links, you can add functionality by using the swipe gesture too. So for example, you could tap the phone icon for the Phone, or swipe the same icon for Contacts.

Also adding various homescreen and those transition effects! Gotta love those. The widgets look pretty cool but I dont use Facebook or Twitter so no need for those.

LPP is getting an overhaul apparently. Can't wait to see how it pans out.
Original post by G8D
Cronos is offline :cry2:

**** GPL-Violations.org :angry:

Original post by G8D
Cronos is offline :cry2:

I know
Reply 3507
Honeycomb SDK preview is out :eek3: :eek3:
Blog, platform highlights (this is all aimed at developers, by the way, so they aren't necessarily end-user feature sets).

Pretty exciting. Android 3.0 apps are gooooo.
Very sexh

Original post by G8D
Aesthetically the PSP phone looks quite nice: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-playstation-phone-preview/

Doubt I'd get it (due to lack of need and probable lack of dev support), but still pretty snazzy.

The shiny back does look quite nice I must say though the OS does looks extremely dull. My problem is that if I ever wanted anything to slide out of my phone it would be a keyboard simply because the thickness would be justified since you would type a lot, where as a gamepad is only useful one or two times a day max. Mario looked like a much better experience than on a touch screen.
yo, Swype won't let me type. What gives? :angry:
Original post by + polarity -
yo, Swype won't let me type. What gives? :angry:

Restart the phone?
Original post by Installation

Original post by Installation
Restart the phone?

That's what I did. Apparently it's the blue box of death :K:
That's what I did. Apparently it's the blue box of death :K:

Hmm, no idea then. It's still in beta right? Something to tell the devs then.
Reply 3514
are there good HTC phones due to be released in the next few months? I've decided to stick my contract out until the summer after Vodafone surprised me by offering to pay the full amount for a replacement battery for my current phone
Reply 3515
Original post by G8D
Nothing announced.

MWC is soon though, potential for dual-core HTCs there :smile:

Not quite sure what they are (faster? like in computer processors?), but sounds good. Life would be so much easier if Nokia just went with Android
Yeah, Symbian is just depressing now. My mum got some kind of Bejeweled-like game on her phone because I had Jewels on mine, and I nearly cried.

She had to uninstall it about a day later because it made everything crash
Reply 3517
Original post by G8D
Dual core is what the up and coming top-enders have. It's the best way to futureproof yourself.

What's the talk about 4G phones then? Like I saw on HTC thunderbolt or something. Is that just in America?
Reply 3518
Yeah, Symbian is just depressing now. My mum got some kind of Bejeweled-like game on her phone because I had Jewels on mine, and I nearly cried.

She had to uninstall it about a day later because it made everything crash

Why does nokia insist on going with it? I've experienced apps making my phone crash too :mad:
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
Why does nokia insist on going with it? I've experienced apps making my phone crash too :mad:

I don't know really. What phone do you have? Does it use Symbian S60 or Symbian^3?

I'm not entirely sure why they're bothering with Symbian^3 lol, but I guess it's good to have some variety :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending