The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Got a bath offer today for L100
A*AA, hope i did well enough in me maths exams :/
Reply 1261
Original post by Trece13
good on you mate :smile:...what are the requirements? and are you a scottish student?

Hopefully i get one soon from them

Thanks :smile: yeh, I'm Scottish. It's unconditional, since I did my Scottish Highers last year (AAAAA). Another guy from my school (same grades) has one too, and some people for other subjects like Law, but it's only people with 5A highers who have heard so far. I have no idea about English candidates for Edinburgh, but given the fact they've only replied to a tiny portion of Scottish students I wouldn't worry if I was you.
Reply 1262
Durham L100!!! SOOOO happy aaaaa :smile:
zzzz
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1264
Original post by mlsdbk
Durham L100!!! SOOOO happy aaaaa :smile:

What time did you find out??? what are your grades like??
Reply 1265
Original post by Ross_D93
Thanks :smile: yeh, I'm Scottish. It's unconditional, since I did my Scottish Highers last year (AAAAA). Another guy from my school (same grades) has one too, and some people for other subjects like Law, but it's only people with 5A highers who have heard so far. I have no idea about English candidates for Edinburgh, but given the fact they've only replied to a tiny portion of Scottish students I wouldn't worry if I was you.

ah ok, hopefully its good news :smile:...i'm quite nervous also because i've heard that they usually prefer scottish students to english ones, hopefully i'm one of the few lucky english ones :P lol
Reply 1266
Original post by housey11
What time did you find out??? what are your grades like??

Well I got home at about 6 so thats when i could check :smile: But ucas sent me an email at about 8.. lucky i checked track :smile: um I do the IB.. i'm predicted 43 points.. :smile: good luck!
Original post by Willetts.Josh
I have an offer from Southampton for L100 economics. Got it about a month after I applied.

My grades are:
GCSE: 4 A*'s, 3A's, 3B's
AS: Maths - A, Chemistry - A, Biology - A, Economics A
A2 Predicted: A A* A*, I dropped biology.

But I really want to hear from Nottingham and LSE, anyone heard from Nottingham?

Yeah I have an offer from notts and I have pretty much the exact same grades as you except predicted 3 A*s :smile: and also doing extended project

I do philosophy instead of chemistry.
Original post by Fishboy13
Yeah I have an offer from notts and I have pretty much the exact same grades as you except predicted 3 A*s :smile: and also doing extended project

I do philosophy instead of chemistry.

Oh awesome, when did you get your offer and when did you apply?
LSE
Economics L101
A*AA

A* must be in Maths (Don't do furhter maths) with a pass in my 4th A-level.
Original post by SmegmaProblem
LSE
Economics L101
A*AA

A* must be in Maths (Don't do furhter maths) with a pass in my 4th A-level.

When did you receive this
Got an Offer for L100 Bath yesterday - A*AA
Got an offer from Exeter the day before that - A*AA (surprised me)

That gives me

Oxford E&M -AAA
Bath - A*AA
Exeter - A*AA
York - AAB

and then still waiting for Durham.... but i can't see them giving me an AAB offer to be honest so i'll probably withdraw my application from them.
Original post by mlsdbk
Well I got home at about 6 so thats when i could check :smile: But ucas sent me an email at about 8.. lucky i checked track :smile: um I do the IB.. i'm predicted 43 points.. :smile: good luck!

Congratz on the durham offer =D! which college again?
Might end up seeing you there!
Original post by OVERCAPITALISED
Congratulations, what other offers do you have?

Only Birmingham, waiting on warwick bath and notts =D durham was my first aha
Reply 1274
Just got an offer from nottingham!!, shame i'm not gonna get AAA though.
Reply 1275
Original post by Whitworth92
Congratz on the durham offer =D! which college again?
Might end up seeing you there!

Haha thank you :smile: i wanted this more than anything.. i don't know yet a college hasn't written to me.. i made an open application as i love durham so i dont really mind :smile: colingwood right ?are you going to the open day?
Original post by mlsdbk
Haha thank you :smile: i wanted this more than anything.. i don't know yet a college hasn't written to me.. i made an open application as i love durham so i dont really mind :smile: colingwood right ?are you going to the open day?

Im actualyl not going to the open day, I went in October and loved it =D

I live in the channel islands so whilst its not too expensive getting up there, I figured Id save the money?

I dobnt think you really learn much more about the uni if uve already been there? I actually need someone to tell me how important open days are :O!

Collingwod yeah! Oooo none of my friends for econ have gone to collingwood so maybe you will!
Reply 1277
Original post by Wezzler

Congrats!!!
im still waiting:frown:
what are your grades like?
Reply 1278
Original post by Whitworth92
Im actualyl not going to the open day, I went in October and loved it =D

I live in the channel islands so whilst its not too expensive getting up there, I figured Id save the money?

I dobnt think you really learn much more about the uni if uve already been there? I actually need someone to tell me how important open days are :O!

Collingwod yeah! Oooo none of my friends for econ have gone to collingwood so maybe you will!

Haha i don't know we'll see :smile: i don't mind to be honest :smile: i guess open days are good to get to know people from your college as you stay there a night and people from your department :smile: aaaa i'm so excited haha :smile: if you get offers from everywhere where will you pick?
Original post by Wezzler

Nice one Wezzler ,im still waiting and did you get an offer from Birmingham?

Latest

Trending

Trending