The Student Room Group

Ocr f215: 27/1/11

Scroll to see replies

Have any of you redone the June paper again? What did you get?
Original post by Summerdays
Have any of you redone the June paper again? What did you get?

its not pretty, :no:
Reply 242
waiiit everyones talking about grades
i got 79/150 and that was an E!
Wasn't too bad. Last essay question no PCR vs bac was bit dodgy though.

Cant believe there was nothing on succession, protein synthesis, punit grid etc
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SwordStream
Wasn't too bad. Last essay question no PCR vs bac was bit dodgy though.

Cant believe there was nothing on succession, protein synthesis, punit grid etc

That question and the energy contents questions caught me off guard other than that, was all goooood :smile:
For the lactose question about carbohydrates, one before the lac operon question what did u put?

I think maybe about 69/100 for 80UMS imo
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mathsclown
That question and the energy contents questions caught me off guard other than that, was all goooood :smile:
For the lactose question about carbohydrates, one before the lac operon question what did u put?

I think maybe about 69/100 for 80UMS imo

About why yogurt can be eaten by lactose intolerant people??
Think i said the bacteria respires the lactose sugar in the milk so it doesnt effect them :confused:

What organism did you say humans should farm?
About why yogurt can be eaten by lactose intolerant people??
Think i said the bacteria respires the lactose sugar in the milk so it doesnt effect them :confused:

What organism did you say humans should farm?

oh i put the use of a respiratory substrate reduces the concentration of cAMP so doesnt and acts as a tran something control thing lol and i wrote something else

Ehm for some reason I wrote grasshoppers 0.o im craazy haha those questions really put me off, so im looking at around 65/100 to 72/100
oh i put the use of a respiratory substrate reduces the concentration of cAMP so doesnt and acts as a tran something control thing lol and i wrote something else

Ehm for some reason I wrote grasshoppers 0.o im craazy haha those questions really put me off, so im looking at around 65/100 to 72/100

Hmm i have no idea then lol we both had different answers for both questions.

I could of done with more time on it tbh
Hmm i have no idea then lol we both had different answers for both questions.

I could of done with more time on it tbh

Yup same, last question on behaviour was cool, muscle questions were good, brain question was alright, pcr vs gene cloning was annoyng :/ 5 marks to say what enzyme etc was greeat! sigmoid curve was ok ehmmm thats it i guess

i definetly lost marks on the energy questions put me off, but ehm for the farm question it did ask for reasons so i think they were all valid as long as u had a valid explanation
LMAO

The ammonia put me off with the lactose and penicillin.

How does ammonia and the Penicillium relate?
(edited 13 years ago)
LMAO

The ammonia put me off with the lactose and penicillin.

How does ammonia and the Penicillium relate?

I know i answered the question but cant rmember what i put head isnt working :frown:
I think you are right on the lactose intolerant bit
Yeah the more you think the worse you think you've done. Spose we should just wait and try not to overthink lol.
Yeah the more you think the worse you think you've done. Spose we should just wait and try not to overthink lol.

:smile: Yup whats happened has happened now just hoping we get the grades we want
didn't mention ammonia as being a waste product, but hopefully that wouldn't be a mark, pcr/in vivo thing confused me a bit, but i reckon i scraped 5-6-7 marks on it, how did everyone find that then? could have been much worse
Original post by Pwn4g3_P13
didn't mention ammonia as being a waste product, but hopefully that wouldn't be a mark, pcr/in vivo thing confused me a bit, but i reckon i scraped 5-6-7 marks on it, how did everyone find that then? could have been much worse

the fungus uses lactose as a respiratory and uses ammonia as a source of nitrogen to synthesise amino acids and general protein synthesis

pcr/vivo was *******s, couldnt think of enough things to say apart from obvious crap like, increased DNA amplification with PCR in the same given time as vivo, reduced costs with pcr since its automated, less labour intensive, requires skilled staff :/

dont know how it went, it felt like a blag
Original post by clad in armour
the fungus uses lactose as a respiratory and uses ammonia as a source of nitrogen to synthesise amino acids and general protein synthesis

pcr/vivo was *******s, couldnt think of enough things to say apart from obvious crap like, increased DNA amplification with PCR in the same given time as vivo, reduced costs with pcr since its automated, less labour intensive, requires skilled staff :/

Ahhh I failed to say ammonia was used as a nitrogen source. I think I only scrapped 2 or 3 marks on the PCR :frown: rest seemed ok though
Original post by clad in armour

Compared to the june 2010 paper, would you say it was harder or easier, or the same difficulty?
Ahhh I failed to say ammonia was used as a nitrogen source. I think I only scrapped 2 or 3 marks on the PCR :frown: rest seemed ok though

I said it was a nitrogen soucre but stupidly said lactose was a source of nurtients argh
Compared to the june 2010 paper, would you say it was harder or easier, or the same difficulty?

I think it was easier, not much mind. I was better prepared this time though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending