The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel- Unit 3 Contested Planet Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
What did people write for the part b for Water Conflicts?
Original post by KDSOC

Was it the question about the roles of players in securing water supply?

I wrote about Colorado Compact and Pergau Dam in Malaysia...:smile:

Werent really good examples to use I thinhk. But oh well.... :frown:

I found the whole paper very generous though.
Original post by street.lovin'
Was it the question about the roles of players in securing water supply?

I wrote about Colorado Compact and Pergau Dam in Malaysia...:smile:

Werent really good examples to use I thinhk. But oh well.... :frown:

I found the whole paper very generous though.

Yeah the paper was not too bad, Synoptic was...Easy to be honest...only hard bit about the synoptic was the last question, dont think i wrote enough for that.

In the first half i did water and biodiversity

Part B i wrote about thames water and privitisation, and about some smaller projects like oxfam, and discussed some things about politics and the role of the government, not sure how well i did
the Figure for water conflicts was pretty simple so i found it had to write alot about

i chose biodiversity just because part B was nice (Factors affecting biodiversity) however part A was horrible, just a table :frown:

The is the one exam where i just done know what to make if it, fells like i either completly faield or got an A/B :biggrin:
Reply 123
I firstly wrote about individuals and the small things they could do like pu less water in kettle (dont know if this is correct) and then industry by promoting water recycling and not dumping industrial waste and I spoke about government using legislation and tax. I then gave conclusion that industry would have greatest impact.
Reply 124
Hello all. I thought this exam wasn't too bad, but its impossible to judge how you think you've done :frown: I did water conflict and biodiversity, although I think the 10 marker I did for water conflict was a bit weak :/
For the water players one I wrote about some water TNC's, local councils, NGO's (water aid, oxfam), government departements like DEFRA, the environment agency etc and at the end I wrote about the UN having an increasing role in the future due to easing disputes or something. Probably should have mentioned comsumers though aswell really.
The synoptic questions were quite nice :smile: Though my hand was like dead by the end ha!
Reply 125
I thought this exam went quite well, i did superpowers and development gap. Luckily my teachers prediction of the questions for the pre-release were right!

Although, i thought the superpowers question was a bit hard, was wondering if anyone who did the superpowers question knows what to actually put in part a of the question?
Reply 126
Original post by KDSOC

I did the same I wrote about colorao and Eygpt.
Reply 127
Hey everyone,
i don't that paper was as bad as i predict and thanks to everyone i was more prepared for the synoptic question then any other topic lool.

but i think they put too much informations in the resource booklet and the other resources were some how irrelevant and kinda threw me off course.

but other than that i'm not actually sure how I did. :/

how did everyone else find it?
completelyyyyyy messed up with the timing! I barely even started the last question on the synoptic, just did a few bullet points!
arggh so annoyed at myself!! :frown:

goodbye predicted A*
Reply 129
Superpowers and Tech Fix. I did not even read the other questions as I drilled those 2 into myself!
Original post by ladycharchar
completelyyyyyy messed up with the timing! I barely even started the last question on the synoptic, just did a few bullet points!
arggh so annoyed at myself!! :frown:

goodbye predicted A*

Hey dont worry. I am sure you would have done fine even if you did not get A*. :smile:

There is a retake for June, you still have another chance.... I nearly did not finished the paper and then I quickly wrote the conclusion. The last question on sypnotic was a bit weird.. :P

But don't worry now...I am sure you will be fine..
Original post by boBbi.J
I did the same I wrote about colorao and Eygpt.

Omg, at least I have found one person that used Colorado as the example.. :smile:

I thought it was abit unobvious example but it was the only cases tudy that came up in my head so I used it..

Hopw we all get good marks! :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by coleee
I thought this exam went quite well, i did superpowers and development gap. Luckily my teachers prediction of the questions for the pre-release were right!

Although, i thought the superpowers question was a bit hard, was wondering if anyone who did the superpowers question knows what to actually put in part a of the question?

I did superpowers remind me what part A was and i'll try and remember wat i wrote haha
Reply 133
Original post by Becks92
I did superpowers remind me what part A was and i'll try and remember wat i wrote haha

haha god i barely remember now either :') we had to refer to those 3 future scenarios or something aha :|
Reply 134
Original post by street.lovin'
Omg, at least I have found one person that used Colorado as the example.. :smile:

I thought it was abit unobvious example but it was the only cases tudy that came up in my head so I used it..

Hopw we all get good marks! :smile:

loool that's the only case study you could really use, as it kinda only made sense, but i used Egypt out of pure luck and hope lool.

best of luck for march result. x:colone:
Original post by boBbi.J
loool that's the only case study you could really use, as it kinda only made sense, but i used Egypt out of pure luck and hope lool.

best of luck for march result. x:colone:

What date the result will be out?
Reply 136
Original post by coleee
haha god i barely remember now either :') we had to refer to those 3 future scenarios or something aha :|

ohh yeah erm i just linked the three scenarios to energy security and water security and said how they would effect the climate and stuff like that. What did you put?
Reply 137
Original post by Becks92
ohh yeah erm i just linked the three scenarios to energy security and water security and said how they would effect the climate and stuff like that. What did you put?

ahh yeah i said about the effect on the climate aswell, i mentioned china too, like how it will have a greater role in future etc. i can't really remember what else haha
Reply 138
Original post by coleee
ahh yeah i said about the effect on the climate aswell, i mentioned china too, like how it will have a greater role in future etc. i can't really remember what else haha

yeahh it wasnt a particularly difficult question i thought, I may of mentioned China too and the impact on inequality in LEDC's with China exploiting areas of Africa etc. How did u find the synoptic part?
Reply 139
Original post by Becks92
yeahh it wasnt a particularly difficult question i thought, I may of mentioned China too and the impact on inequality in LEDC's with China exploiting areas of Africa etc. How did u find the synoptic part?

I thought the synoptic part was really good, i like energy and my teacher had predicted the questions spot on so that was lucky, what did you think of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending