The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by ChaoticSkills
it's fun but it's a relief knowing its my last year :biggrin:

corr since ive got like another 3 years of education and maybe masters.. seriously fml!
Reply 241
i really wanna watch kurtlar vadisi filistin.. anyone from london know if its gonna be viewed or when?
Original post by Selmz
corr since ive got like another 3 years of education and maybe masters.. seriously fml!

eh you'll get over it time in Uni flies pretty fast plenty of fun with friends etc it's pretty independent when it comes to studying so you'll soak up that atmosphere too :biggrin:

about Kurtlar vadisi I don't know it should be released pretty soon out here as soon they usually make such films come out simultaneously in Europe.
Reply 243
umarim iyi bir not alirsin bitirince it's really difficult to come up with an essay question when it's open ended gives more of a reason for the lecturers to be lazy I reckon

cheers for that! its gona be a difficult 4 months but I am one step ahead.
Reply 244
eh you'll get over it time in Uni flies pretty fast plenty of fun with friends etc it's pretty independent when it comes to studying so you'll soak up that atmosphere too :biggrin:

about Kurtlar vadisi I don't know it should be released pretty soon out here as soon they usually make such films come out simultaneously in Europe.

true.. well im not that into Kurtlar Vadisi but just wanna see how they made a story from the aid flotilla attacks the trailer looked pretty awesome.
Original post by G_S
cheers for that! its gona be a difficult 4 months but I am one step ahead.

No worries, just wish I was as organised as you when it comes to my uni work lol :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Selmz
true.. well im not that into Kurtlar Vadisi but just wanna see how they made a story from the aid flotilla attacks the trailer looked pretty awesome.

Looks like a good film but tbh never been a fan of the series either too much pointless violence the guy gets shot like 500000 times he still lives ah well we are used to that kind of stuff because we watched Cuneyt Arkin films when were growing up ah Turkish cinema nothing like it :biggrin:
Reply 247
Looks like a good film but tbh never been a fan of the series either too much pointless violence the guy gets shot like 500000 times he still lives ah well we are used to that kind of stuff because we watched Cuneyt Arkin films when were growing up ah Turkish cinema nothing like it :biggrin:

lol! too true!! yeah i'm currently 'beefing' with the Israelites it's hilarious and can't believe people still believe the 'genocide' with the Armenians, Greeks and Kurds!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Selmz
lol! too true!! yeah i'm currently 'beefing' with the Israelites it's hilarious and can't believe people still believe the 'genocide' with the Armenians, Greeks and Kurds!!!

lol honestly I don't see any point in arguing such things with people anymore especially on the internet. My best friends a Kurd and if I talked about stuff like the PKK on here, I feel like I'd be betraying his trust, wherever there is human interest conflict will occur. As for the Genocide, I've researched it thoroughly and I've concluded that it has happened.

I don't want people to hate me for believing that it happened, but it wasn't the fault of actual Turkish people. It happened to preserve the interests of a dying empire, other nations have committed such actions but they haven't admitted either. Having said that, I hope Turkey can establish better relations with its neighbours such as Armenia. God gave us a brain we should use it to solve our problems with democracy, otherwise we will revert back to times under Military rule where right and left wing students killed each other because of their political differences. Once Insan olalim, ondan sonra dusman her irka baris ve ozgurluk dilerim.

Peace at home peace in the world - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Reply 249
lol honestly I don't see any point in arguing such things with people anymore especially on the internet. My best friends a Kurd and if I talked about stuff like the PKK on here, I feel like I'd be betraying his trust, wherever there is human interest conflict will occur. As for the Genocide, I've researched it thoroughly and I've concluded that it has happened.

I don't want people to hate me for believing that it happened, but it wasn't the fault of actual Turkish people. It happened to preserve the interests of a dying empire, other nations have committed such actions but they haven't admitted either. Having said that, I hope Turkey can establish better relations with its neighbours such as Armenia. God gave us a brain we should use it to solve our problems with democracy, otherwise we will revert back to times under Military rule where right and left wing students killed each other because of their political differences. Once Insan olalim, ondan sonra dusman her irka baris ve ozgurluk dilerim.

Peace at home peace in the world - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

lol true it's just making me angry seeing how people are giving wrong facts.
hmmm im not gonna argue with you as i totally disagree with your opinions lol :biggrin: farewell
Original post by Selmz
lol true it's just making me angry seeing how people are giving wrong facts.
hmmm im not gonna argue with you as i totally disagree with your opinions lol :biggrin: farewell

everyone has differing opinions :biggrin: I just don't want anyone to think im a traitor to my race thats all :biggrin: but anyway let's not discuss this someones gonna get mad otherwise :biggrin:
Reply 251
everyone has differing opinions :biggrin: I just don't want anyone to think im a traitor to my race thats all :biggrin: but anyway let's not discuss this someones gonna get mad otherwise :biggrin:

lol truee :smile:) so where in Turkey you 'reppin' ?
Original post by Selmz
lol truee :smile:) so where in Turkey you 'reppin' ?

my mums cypriot and my dads from Ordu in Turkey :biggrin:

I would gladly be more a KV fan if only I could watch it when new episodes air. However, I can only catch ATV Avrupa via Yildiz TV which only play episodes of shows that have already aired. And they show KV either when I am sleeping or at work so I pretty much always miss it:frown: The only way I have seen any episodes was on YouTube but from 09 and early 2010 because it can take so long for full ones to get there.

the boyfriend is a big fan though and it was him who told me about it. Also on a related note; Id rather not show his picture, but my Turk boyfriend actually resembles Abduley:colondollar: and I would also like to see KV "Filistin"some how. Maybe one day. I never did get to see KV Iraq though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 254
Original post by Zebracolors
I would gladly be more a KV fan if only I could watch it when new episodes air. However, I can only catch ATV Avrupa via Yildiz TV which only play episodes of shows that have already aired. And they show KV either when I am sleeping or at work so I pretty much always miss it:frown: The only way I have seen any episodes was on YouTube but from 09 and early 2010 because it can take so long for full ones to get there.

the boyfriend is a big fan though and it was him who told me about it. Also on a related note; Id rather not show his picture, but my Turk boyfriend actually resembles Abduley:colondollar: and I would also like to see KV "Filistin"some how. Maybe one day. I never did get to see KV Iraq though.

I haven't been following up on it either. Though I'v heard alot about it. Come to think of it I don't even watch Turkish tv..My tv life revolves around eastenders, hollyoaks, simpsons, neighbours, take me out, desperate housewifes bla bla :smile::smile:
Original post by G_S
I haven't been following up on it either. Though I'v heard alot about it. Come to think of it I don't even watch Turkish tv..My tv life revolves around eastenders, hollyoaks, simpsons, neighbours, take me out, desperate housewifes bla bla :smile::smile:

Neighbours? :teeth:

Are you a member of the Neighbours Society? I heard it's run by a really stunning leader. :colondollar:

Not sure if you study at a London Uni or not, but if you are and you're part of a Turkish Society of your uni, they've arranged a viewing of Kurtlar Vadisi on Wednesday at 5.

Spoiler

Really? :holmes:
Reply 256
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Neighbours? :teeth:

Are you a member of the Neighbours Society? I heard it's run by a really stunning leader. :colondollar:

Not sure if you study at a London Uni or not, but if you are and you're part of a Turkish Society of your uni, they've arranged a viewing of Kurtlar Vadisi on Wednesday at 5.

Spoiler

thats it I was thinking yesterday I was going to join a society but which was it :rolleyes::rolleyes: neighbours of course!!!!! I'll get on the case asap
Reply 257
my mums cypriot and my dads from Ordu in Turkey :biggrin:

Gipriss lol i'd love to go there just haven't had the chance :/ oh well i'm from Istanbul and both my parents have Kosovan mixed in them (which makes me half i think) its a long story :smile: but were like Kosovan Turks aka gocmen's if u get me :smile:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

:smile:I know what you may be thinking. "Pics or it didn't happen" and I am all for that. However, in this case I would not post his picture publically simply on a matter of his privacy. And actually the resemblance is probably only slight at best IMO :biggrin:
But he says friends have told him the same.
:smile:I know what you may be thinking. "Pics or it didn't happen" and I am all for that. However, in this case I would not post his picture publically simply on a matter of his privacy. And actually the resemblance is probably only slight at best IMO :biggrin:
But he says friends have told him the same.

Well usually it's 'pics or GT...'
...But I wasn't thinking that and I can esure you that we don't want you to post a picture of your boyfriend on a forum. :biggrin:
He sounds good looking though. :top:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest