The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Now considering buying an OSF or an HD2 to pacify myself until September upgrade. Hero's lag just pisses me off these days.

Does Android run smooth on the HD2? If it's running from the SD card (is it?) would it not be woefully slow?

EDIT: just read there's a NAND install of Android for it. What about the dual booting? Seems to be SD only?

When I had android (and that was pre-nand, and 3 months ago) it was my main OS for 2 months before I got my dhd. Seriously its epic.
Original post by + polarity -

Atm no because no devs wants to put time into putting it onto the DHD since there's no point as the HD7 exists. The reason the HD2 gets soo much love is because the normal OS is crap.
Original post by yoyo462001

Original post by yoyo462001
Atm no because no devs wants to put time into putting it onto the DHD since there's no point as the HD7 exists. The reason the HD2 gets soo much love is because the normal OS is crap.

srsly though, if I could get Orange to send me an old refurbished HD2 they have knocking about in a warehouse somewhere, I'd put Gingerbread on it and consequences will never be the same :coma:
Reply 3543
My battery seems to die out quickly these days.

Last time I checked battery usage it said 96% of battery power was lost to display?

Perhaps I'm using it too much?
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11
My battery seems to die out quickly these days.

Last time I checked battery usage it said 96% of battery power was lost to display?

Perhaps I'm using it too much?

96?! I get 29% for display; 96 is just ludicrous
Reply 3545
96?! I get 29% for display; 96 is just ludicrous

Thats what I thought too, must be an error of some sort...
Original post by Yawn11
Thats what I thought too, must be an error of some sort...

Torch mode been on all night?
Reply 3547
Original post by mikeyd85
Torch mode been on all night?

Nope, just been using it alot
Just made a video comparison on the screen quality on the the top 3 android phones at the moment....

You decide....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa3stwyEBXs&hd=1
(edited 13 years ago)
IT LOOKS SO GOOD

I'm seriously considering calling Orange

to ask them what they do with their old phones

I haven't felt like this since... before I got my Hero!

I want it so badly :afraid:

:coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
After moving some apps to /system/app, changing a couple of settings and reinstalling a couple of apks, my phone feels really fast :s-smilie:

455 in Quadrant haha :borat:

Dodgy?
(edited 13 years ago)
Dodgy? Hell yes.

After moving some apps to /system/app, changing a couple of settings and reinstalling a couple of apks, my phone feels really fast :s-smilie:

455 in Quadrant haha :borat:

Dodgy?

If youre near, then its worth a look tbh. And im pretty sure I posted a Quadrant score of 3k a while ago.
Edit:
For a minute there I was like wtf, why did I buy a DHD. Then I ran quadrant pre reboot without it overclocked and on ondemand governor and got 1836.
Just spent half hour trying to improve my score by overclocking and it seems I was lucky to get it to complete at all on CM7. Ah well...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3554
Bought an Orange San Francisco for my :biggrin: Found out there's a bug with either the phone or the Netgear router that means it can't reconnect to it :rolleyes: So annoying! Still, rooted and debranded it and it's actually really good!
Reply 3555
Original post by G8D
http://androidforums.com/hero-support-troubleshooting/7475-connect-via-wifi-problems-3.html#post49022

This helped me, don't even know what router you have but it might be good to skim that thread and maybe bump it.

Netgear DG834G, looked around and saw so many people having the same problems but no-one had a fix. He'll have to do with HSDPA I guess...

Thanks anyway :h:
Reply 3556
I think it's web browsing thats killing my battery?!

It doesn't seem to last that long at all.

or maybe I need a new battery? I dunno, but it's starting to annoy me.
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11

How long does it last?
I'm using an Android phone right now and I love it. It beats Blackberry and iPhone.

I'm using that phone
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3559
Original post by Yawn11

Recently flashed any new f/w?

Latest

Trending

Trending