The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Nice one Wezzler ,im still waiting and did you get an offer from Birmingham?

not yet have no idea why they are taking so long :/
Original post by Wezzler
not yet have no idea why they are taking so long :/

I think this year has been their most competitive year. Ive heard they are bringing their grade requirements up to aaa next year too.
Reply 1282
I think this year has been their most competitive year. Ive heard they are bringing their grade requirements up to aaa next year too.

ye they are, but bristol and nottingham are more competitive and i've heard from them as have alot of others, birmingham are just being slow. So glad its still AAB for our year.
Reply 1283

not surprised.. Leeds was aab but made it aaa THIS year.. so yep a very competitive year indeed :smile:
Reply 1284
hi .. i also have no offers and im getting really concerned about it! i think i may have aimed too high
LSE - Economics - rejected
Warwick - Economics and industrial organisation - rejected
Durham - Economics - no reply
Nottingham - Economics and Econometrics - no reply
Birmingham - Mathmatical Economics and Statistics - no reply

GCSEs 3 A* 6 A
AS AAAB (Maths, Econ, Chemistry and R.S)
Predictions A*A*A* (dropped R.S)

Any feedback? when do you think they will reply?
Original post by trowe3
hi .. i also have no offers and im getting really concerned about it! i think i may have aimed too high

GCSEs 3 A* 6 A

Durham traditionally leave it quite late for offers so don't worry too much :smile:
Reply 1286
Original post by ALIHISGREAT
Durham traditionally leave it quite late for offers so don't worry too much :smile:

how late is quite late?
Still waiting on Nottingham for L100 having heard from the rest.

St Andrews - rejected
Cardiff - Conditional - Business Economics
Cambridge - Conditional - Land Economy
Manchester - Conditional - Economics
Original post by ScotlandLiv
Still waiting on Nottingham for L100 having heard from the rest.

St Andrews - rejected
Cardiff - Conditional - Business Economics
Cambridge - Conditional - Land Economy
Manchester - Conditional - Economics

High five on getting the Cambridge offer and being rejected by a ****ter uni! :P
Original post by trowe3

GCSEs 3 A* 6 A

Did you apply for other courses than econ straight just so that it would be less competitive?
Reply 1290
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Did you apply for other courses than econ straight just so that it would be less competitive?

to be honest im not sure that i was thinking. i just wanted a nice mix and would have been happy with any of them. i didnt realise just how few places were offered for my nottingham and birmingham courses which is quite scary
Original post by housey11
how late is quite late?

It could be anytime from now to normally end of march (absolute end date is may 6th I think?) Some people have heard from them already, for example I've heard from them for Business Econ approx. 2 weeks ago and got an unconditional(practically); a friend of mine who applied for Econ was rejected at the same time. Lots of others are still waiting and as far as I know this is quite common for Durham. So be patient and try not to worry much, I wish you luck with getting offer :smile:
Just got a conditional for econ with econometrics at nottingham. honestly didn't think my grades would be up to scratch. so happy!
Also, this came at 5.40am so anyone who says ucas only send you emails at certain times is lying!
Original post by housey11
how late is quite late?

March
Original post by rachael92
Just got a conditional for econ with econometrics at nottingham. honestly didn't think my grades would be up to scratch. so happy!

Congratulations! My conditional for Economics with Hispanic Studies came through at the same time. Nice way to end the week :tongue:
Reply 1296
Original post by rachael92
Also, this came at 5.40am so anyone who says ucas only send you emails at certain times is lying!

Mine too! Not going to Nottingham if that's the sought of time they operate! Can't deal with early mornings!!! AABB- nice to have some sought of backup.
Just received my Warwick offer :smile: Conditions are 38 IB points with a 6 in HL Maths.
Original post by rohitronaldo
Just received my Warwick offer :smile: Conditions are 38 IB points with a 6 in HL Maths.

Awesome dude!! Congrats!!

Are you from India?
Original post by shubham_ag
Awesome dude!! Congrats!!

Are you from India?

Haha thanks. I am Indian (my username gives that much away) but I live in Singapore. I see you're at DU? Have a few friends at St. Stephen's College - they tell me its quite an amazing place. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending