The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

How long does it normally take Swansea to reply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Elenathion
Oh when did you get the invite to the open afternoon at Cardiff? I've been invited to one at Swansea on Dec 1st.

i think i had it two days ago? they sent me an email so it wasnt through ucas havent had an invite for swansea, but ive had an offer :s-smilie:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by kathdavies

well swansea and cardiff really i've had an offer from swansea and have been invited to an open afternoon in cardiff. i live in swansea so its good because i want to stay close :colondollar:

Hey!

Congratulations on your offer!
Do you mind telling me how long Swansea and Cardiff took to reply to you?
Also do Swansea send Acknowledgements? Because I haven't got one :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by JEMSB12
Hey!

Congratulations on your offer!
Do you mind telling me how long Swansea and Cardiff took to reply to you?
Also do Swansea send Acknowledgements? Because I haven't got one :smile:

Thank you!

I haven't had an offer from Cardiff but I had an email acknowledgement within a week.
Swansea sent a postcard within a week also. My offers for Swansea took about a month.
Reply 23
I haven't had an offer from Cardiff but I had an email acknowledgement within a week.
Swansea sent a postcard within a week also. My offers for Swansea took about a month.

Oh still waiting for an acknowledgement from Swansea then :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 24
anyone going to swansea open day on the 1st?
it took them 11 days to reply for me!
I also have applied to Swansea, Glamorgan and Cardiff for Law. Good luck =O)

Hey, I've applied to Swansea, Cardiff and Glamorgan too- for English literature! :biggrin: maybe see you around this September! Good luck with your applications :smile:
Original post by Beth Angharad
Hey, I've applied to Swansea, Cardiff and Glamorgan too- for English literature! :biggrin: maybe see you around this September! Good luck with your applications :smile:

Which are you making your first choice? I really can't decide. Good luck with yours too =O)
Which are you making your first choice? I really can't decide. Good luck with yours too =O)

I'm going to put Swansea as my first choice :biggrin: I'll probably get rejected from Cardiff, but even if I get an offer I'll have to decline it because my heart is set on Swansea! The course, the city, the campus, everything... I actually can't wait :tongue: have to get the grades first, though... damn. I think I'll put Glamorgan as my second choice :smile: what about you?
I've had offers for all three but I'm torn between Swansea and Cardiff. I've been to a Cardiff open day and I'm going to Swansea for one on 2nd Feb so hopefully that will help me make a decision =O)
I've had offers for all three but I'm torn between Swansea and Cardiff. I've been to a Cardiff open day and I'm going to Swansea for one on 2nd Feb so hopefully that will help me make a decision =O)

Ah, wicked! :biggrin: both are really lovely places to be honest. I can't wait to move back to South Wales! Are you from the South? Cardiff, Swansea and Glam are all very Southern Welsh places to go! :smile:
Ah, wicked! :biggrin: both are really lovely places to be honest. I can't wait to move back to South Wales! Are you from the South? Cardiff, Swansea and Glam are all very Southern Welsh places to go! :smile:

Yeah I'm from South West Wales, about an hour further west from Swansea. I couldn't be bothered moving very far as I'm a mature student so will be relocating myself, my partner and my pets hehe.

You've lived in SWales before then?
Yeah I'm from South West Wales, about an hour further west from Swansea. I couldn't be bothered moving very far as I'm a mature student so will be relocating myself, my partner and my pets hehe.

You've lived in SWales before then?

Ahh, I see :smile: I don't blame you! I used to live in Carmarthen :smile: moved to Bangor in North Wales about two years ago, but still pine for South Wales haha :biggrin:

I have accepted Swansea as a firm and Glam as insurance for Psych.

I live in Shropshire at the moment but moving back 2 South Wales as was brought up near Cardiff and miss it loads hence why I wanna come back.

:biggrin:
Original post by HappySarah28
I have accepted Swansea as a firm and Glam as insurance for Psych.

I live in Shropshire at the moment but moving back 2 South Wales as was brought up near Cardiff and miss it loads hence why I wanna come back.

:biggrin:

Awesome! I'm also going to accept Swansea as my firm and Glamorgan as my insurance :biggrin: fun times! And I don't blame you for moving back... it's such a beautiful part of the world :smile:
Awesome! I'm also going to accept Swansea as my firm and Glamorgan as my insurance :biggrin: fun times! And I don't blame you for moving back... it's such a beautiful part of the world :smile:

Yep xxxx See you in September Girlie xxx
Reply 36
i accepted swansea as my firm and glamorgan as my insurance too! to do law :biggrin: haha you never know we could all see each other haha :smile:
i accepted swansea as my firm and glamorgan as my insurance too! to do law :biggrin: haha you never know we could all see each other haha :smile:

Ooh 2 of my offers are swansea and glamorgan for law. I haven't decided which to accept yet though. I'm going to a swansea open day next week to see what I think =O)
Reply 38
Ooh 2 of my offers are swansea and glamorgan for law. I haven't decided which to accept yet though. I'm going to a swansea open day next week to see what I think =O)

yeah is pretty good, ive been there with college and on an applicant day its my first choice so hopefully ill get in ( fingers crossed) are you going to glamorgan university on the 19th feb? x
yeah is pretty good, ive been there with college and on an applicant day its my first choice so hopefully ill get in ( fingers crossed) are you going to glamorgan university on the 19th feb? x

No I'm not going to view Glamoegan as it is my last choice out of the 5. My offer for there is really low though so if my january exams go badly I may put it as my insurance =O)

I'm really looking forward to seeing swansea on weds.

Quick Reply

Latest