The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitronaldo
Haha thanks. I am Indian (my username gives that much away) but I live in Singapore. I see you're at DU? Have a few friends at St. Stephen's College - they tell me its quite an amazing place. :smile:

Yes. Stephens and SRCC and the likes may be amazing but I study in Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. lol. You wouldn't have heard of it!!

isliye am thinking of switching this year!! Even I have an unconditional from Warwick and a conditional from UCL!! Let's see now!! :smile:

Where else did you apply?
Original post by shubham_ag
Yes. Stephens and SRCC and the likes may be amazing but I study in Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. lol. You wouldn't have heard of it!!

isliye am thinking of switching this year!! Even I have an unconditional from Warwick and a conditional from UCL!! Let's see now!! :smile:

Where else did you apply?

I applied to Oxford for E&M. LSE, Warwick, Durham and Nottingham for straight economics. I have conditional offers from Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick now. Just waiting for my LSE rejection :biggrin:.

Oh congratulations! UCL have rejected some amazing applicants this year, so you were definitely worthy. Are you going to firm UCL or Warwick?
I applied to Oxford for E&M. LSE, Warwick, Durham and Nottingham for straight economics. I have conditional offers from Oxford, Durham, Nottingham and Warwick now. Just waiting for my LSE rejection :biggrin:.

Oh congratulations! UCL have rejected some amazing applicants this year, so you were definitely worthy. Are you going to firm UCL or Warwick?

Amazing!! You have a conditional from Oxford!! Wow!! Congrats!! :biggrin:
I am going to firm UCL of course!! :smile:

Why didn't you apply to UCL? I guess it's better than at least Durham and Nottingham!!! :confused:
Original post by shubham_ag
Amazing!! You have a conditional from Oxford!! Wow!! Congrats!! :biggrin:
I am going to firm UCL of course!! :smile:

Why didn't you apply to UCL? I guess it's better than at least Durham and Nottingham!!! :confused:

Durham and Nottingham were safeties in case I didn't make into Oxford/LSE/Warwick. Well, UCL and LSE require the same conditions for me - so I decided that if I make one, I would most probably get offers from both. If I was rejected by one, I would probably be rejected by both. And if I were to receive offers from LSE and UCL, I would opt for LSE. That was the rationale behind not applying to UCL.

In retrospect, I don't think it would have made much of a difference really. What are your conditions for UCL?
Durham and Nottingham were safeties in case I didn't make into Oxford/LSE/Warwick. Well, UCL and LSE require the same conditions for me - so I decided that if I make one, I would most probably get offers from both. If I was rejected by one, I would probably be rejected by both. And if I were to receive offers from LSE and UCL, I would opt for LSE. That was the rationale behind not applying to UCL.

In retrospect, I don't think it would have made much of a difference really. What are your conditions for UCL?

UCL doesn't accept the CBSE Board results for admission. So, my condition is to obtain 70% in my first year Economics hons DU examinations with a minimum of 70% in Maths and Economics. :frown: It's tough as hell. If I fail to obtain the requisite marks, I am thinking if I should go to Warwick or nor!!

Well by the same rationale, I was rejected from LSE and accepted by UCL. Weird!!:angry:
Exeter and Warwick both made offers of A*AA. Exeter would have been the backup if they had made an easier offer and I could have left the decision up to the Fates but now I need to choose between the two as a firm. Opinions please?!
Reply 1306
Offer from southampton AAB , 4 offers now :smile: just birmingham to go.
Reply 1307
Original post by Psyched!!
Exeter and Warwick both made offers of A*AA. Exeter would have been the backup if they had made an easier offer and I could have left the decision up to the Fates but now I need to choose between the two as a firm. Opinions please?!

Warwick
Original post by Firaila
Warwick

Umm - seems the obvious choice. I can't understand the Exeter offers as they would seem to be over pricing, so to speak. I just wondered if anyone could think of a reason why they think candidates who would achieve those marks would choose them over alternatives in the same offer bracket.
Original post by Wezzler
Offer from southampton AAB , 4 offers now :smile: just birmingham to go.

What are your grades? When did u send off ur app?
Original post by Psyched!!

Warwick - No Questions Asked
Reply 1311
Original post by luck STA
Warwick - No Questions Asked

Hmm - can I ask why? I have an A*AA offer from Exeter and will probably choose it over Warwick if I get an offer (am thinking it will be a rejectiong though haha!). I know Warwick is more prestigious/better uni but I've heard the social side of things isn't great? And Exter is a good uni? Also, personally I would prefer a BA to a BSC?
Original post by Booshak
Hmm - can I ask why? I have an A*AA offer from Exeter and will probably choose it over Warwick if I get an offer (am thinking it will be a rejectiong though haha!). I know Warwick is more prestigious/better uni but I've heard the social side of things isn't great? And Exter is a good uni? Also, personally I would prefer a BA to a BSC?

I was thinking of graduate employment rates and average starting salary, research/teaching quality and previous placement opportunities. Warwick housing (on average) looked nicer, as a first year consideration.
Reply 1313
Original post by Booshak

exeter is hardly the social hub of england either
Does anybody know anything about the current picture with admissions at Bath and Bristol? I'm still waiting to hear from both, which seems a bit strange at this point, and just wondered whether anyone has had offers or rejections from either or perhaps know of people who have? Do they have a reputation for waiting for quite a long time after the deadline?
Reply 1315
Just got a rejection from Nottingham! hahaha.. couldn't care less tbh.. i have a durham offer which has always been my dream :smile: not nice being rejected though..
Original post by samprop
Mine too! Not going to Nottingham if that's the sought of time they operate! Can't deal with early mornings!!! AABB- nice to have some sought of backup.

Weird.
Original post by mlsdbk
Just got a rejection from Nottingham! hahaha.. couldn't care less tbh.. i have a durham offer which has always been my dream :smile: not nice being rejected though..

ahhhh pooing it now! Bet you have a good academic record too.
Reply 1318
Original post by Ramin Gorji
ahhhh pooing it now! Bet you have a good academic record too.

yep i do..much more than they want.. they want 36 IB points i'm predicted 43.. but these things are luck sometimes.. god knows how they pick or if they guess if people will have offers at better unis.. i'm just so so grateful i have durham.. i love it so much.. good luck to you how are your applications going? :smile:
Original post by mlsdbk
yep i do..much more than they want.. they want 36 IB points i'm predicted 43.. but these things are luck sometimes.. god knows how they pick or if they guess if people will have offers at better unis.. i'm just so so grateful i have durham.. i love it so much.. good luck to you how are your applications going? :smile:

Well my grades sort of limited my application to universties. I got AAAB at AS predicted A*A*AAA in maths economics further maths biology and general studies. Ive got offers fro surrey lancaster and York, i got rejected by birmingham a few days ago so its not lookig hjopeful with Nottingham especialy seeing you get rejected. Congratulations with Durham though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending