The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thedramaqueen*
Hi :smile:

Are you going to Exeter for the two day workshop on monday and tuesday? If so-see you there!!

I'm also STILL waiting to hear from Bristol :confused: Surely they must reply soon, seeing as the first interview date is 9th Feb?? Let's hope so anyway! xx

Bristol letter came today!.. Interview 23 Feb (had to rearrange UEA - who were brilliant about it.. so thank you to them).... :smile:
GSA Interview on Feb 16th! Excited but also exceedingly nervous, i'm rubbish with interviews.
Original post by Cjhill1992
Yes it is, just saw your above post! and StrawberryFlips. Very nervous. Hows reading As you like it going!?

Haha. Very stressful coping with all the work from school PLUS reading/studying As You Like It!!!
I had an interview to study BA Drama at Queen Mary last week and was told on the day an offer would be made to me :biggrin:

Delighted with this because the workshop was great and the place had a great feel to it.

Has anyone else been offered a place AND has anyone heard from York for the BA Writing, Directing and Performing yet ?
Reply 324
I have an interview at exeter coming up and I'm reallyy nervous! Anyone have any advice about it - particularly what they ask you about the piece of theatre in which bodies were used in interesting ways?!!

Anyone heard from Manchester as well... I have an interview there and I'm worried about what they'll ask about the essay !

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 325
Original post by TheWrockStar
Hi! Been applying to all the usual places, but I heard of a place called Birmingham Theatre School. I've got an interview with them on Feb 8th and just wondered if anyone had anything about them? Good or bad!

Hey Are you talking about Birmingham school of acting because iam at Birmingham Theatre school based at old rep/old fire station because some people get them mixed up if it is BTS are u looking at the Prof Diploma one year? :smile:
Reply 326
Original post by lauraferry
HEY :smile:
I had my Warwick interview a couple of months ago...Is this for Theatre and Performance?..
Its a really lovely interview day, everyone is friendly...you get a tour, a talk etc. And then the interview is preparing a short talk (which is in groups of around 4) on a performance you've seen or been in...
Learn it off by heart and try and make it sound incredibly natural, like you're just thinking it up and are epically intelligent...:wink:
I changed my mind in the actual interview and talked about a performance I've been in...BIG RISK.
However, I got an offer :biggrin: So its all gooooood :smile:

I've got my GSA and Mountview auditions,
Plus just had my final recall for Central (MT)...:eek:
WAITING TO HEAR IS THE WORST.

Thanks :smile: Yes Theatre and Performance Studies. How long after your interview did the offer come through?
Reply 327
Original post by lauraferry
HEY :smile:
I had my Warwick interview a couple of months ago...Is this for Theatre and Performance?..
Its a really lovely interview day, everyone is friendly...you get a tour, a talk etc. And then the interview is preparing a short talk (which is in groups of around 4) on a performance you've seen or been in...
Learn it off by heart and try and make it sound incredibly natural, like you're just thinking it up and are epically intelligent...:wink:
I changed my mind in the actual interview and talked about a performance I've been in...BIG RISK.
However, I got an offer :biggrin: So its all gooooood :smile:

I've got my GSA and Mountview auditions,
Plus just had my final recall for Central (MT)...:eek:
WAITING TO HEAR IS THE WORST.

I KNOW RIIIGHT?!!!
I had my final recall for Central's Acting course...
I can't even begin to describe how much I want it - I don't care about anywhere else!
Well done to you for getting to the final's for MT!
They seem to be really picky about that strand!
WAITING IS THE WOORRRRSSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone that had their Rose Bruford BA acting audition on the 25th of jan heard back yet? I know it's only been a few days but I'm dying to know if I got a recall. :confused:
Original post by kittenwithawhip
Bristol letter came today!.. Interview 23 Feb (had to rearrange UEA - who were brilliant about it.. so thank you to them).... :smile:

Awww well done! Thats great news :smile: I'm still waiting-starting to think it's gonna be a rejection atm, i've been waiting for so long now :\ Oh well-i'm more fussed about Exeter tbh, so i'm just going to give it my all on monday and tuesday! xx
Original post by J.J.N.E
I have an interview at exeter coming up and I'm reallyy nervous! Anyone have any advice about it - particularly what they ask you about the piece of theatre in which bodies were used in interesting ways?!!

Anyone heard from Manchester as well... I have an interview there and I'm worried about what they'll ask about the essay !

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hey :smile: I have an interview at Ex too in a few days! I know what you mean about being nervous, esp. about the interview part! But loads of lovely friendly people have given me advice on here, so have a look through this thread. :smile:

About the piece of theatre in which bodies are used in interesting ways...i've just had a good think about a couple of productions i've seen, written some of my thoughts down and i'm looking over them everyday so that they stick for the interview. Mind you, I do tend to overprepare-so don't worry if you havent done this-i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!!

Are you up in Ex Monday and Tues for your interview? If so, see you there :smile: If not-good luck with everything! :biggrin: xx
Original post by Lazyman
Thanks :smile: Yes Theatre and Performance Studies. How long after your interview did the offer come through?

My interview was the 18th of November, and my offer came about a month later :smile:
It is a really lovely day though, fantastic course
Original post by damienka
I KNOW RIIIGHT?!!!
I had my final recall for Central's Acting course...
I can't even begin to describe how much I want it - I don't care about anywhere else!
Well done to you for getting to the final's for MT!
They seem to be really picky about that strand!
WAITING IS THE WOORRRRSSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done to you too!! Applying for competitive courses, though...Its a bitch! :')
I found out I was one of the last twenty for MT, and they're taking ten for places, so It reassures me after all my niggling doubts on whether I'm good enough to go to drama school this year :smile: even if I don't get a place...
I know, its AMAZINGGG. I would absolutely love to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I swear I've checked my UCAS about six times a day, even though they said it would be one to two weeks, and its only been four days...
:wink:
Ive got an interview at LAMDA on Tuesday... Anyone else gonna be there?? Any tips or advice???
xxx
Reply 334
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Ive got an interview at LAMDA on Tuesday... Anyone else gonna be there?? Any tips or advice???
xxx

Make sure you take your prtfolio as they will ask to see it. Also don't be discouraged by the look of the place, they'll explain they're being refurbished but they still have all facilities needed whether on or offsite. Also during the interview, relax! They will test your knowledge but don't get scared like I did. I got so many answers wrong and still got a place. :-)
good luck guys, especially all you potential Centralites :wink: final recalls are tough!
Original post by Rozington
Hey Are you talking about Birmingham school of acting because iam at Birmingham Theatre school based at old rep/old fire station because some people get them mixed up if it is BTS are u looking at the Prof Diploma one year? :smile:

Yep! I'm talking about the one at the Old Fire Station and the one year course! Going to the open day next month! :biggrin:
Reply 337
Original post by TheWrockStar
Yep! I'm talking about the one at the Old Fire Station and the one year course! Going to the open day next month! :biggrin:

Oh thats good :smile: iam on the BTEC course at the moment in year 2 going on to uni :smile: if you want to know anything about the course feel free to ask because we have mixed classes sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 338

Hey :smile: I have an interview at Ex too in a few days! I know what you mean about being nervous, esp. about the interview part! But loads of lovely friendly people have given me advice on here, so have a look through this thread. :smile:

About the piece of theatre in which bodies are used in interesting ways...i've just had a good think about a couple of productions i've seen, written some of my thoughts down and i'm looking over them everyday so that they stick for the interview. Mind you, I do tend to overprepare-so don't worry if you havent done this-i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine!!

Are you up in Ex Monday and Tues for your interview? If so, see you there :smile: If not-good luck with everything! :biggrin: xx

Thanks :smile: Yeah, I'm in exeter mon and tues, hopefully it'll be fun and they'll be nice to us... I'm nervous/excited! See you there :biggrin: xx
Reply 339
Hey guys :-)

Auditions are horrible aren't they?!

I've only done two so far.. got a reserve offer on the BA Acting at ALRA and got a recall for BA Musical Theatre at GSA. Recall is in a couple of weeks and I'm so scared!

Waiting to audition for Arts Ed, Mountview, AMDA and LSMT.

Good luck everyone! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending