How long does it take to hear back from your college roughly? Thanks x
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by hardy_4_paws
How long does it take to hear back from your college roughly? Thanks x

2ish weeks.
ARGHHHH! More than 3 months and yet no offer. ARGGHHHHH! Seriously getting annoying now. Come on Durham please give me an offer, please.
Reply 3383
Original post by rebeccap
I have 3 offers so far, Durham, Nottingham and Bath, all AA (I did Maths a year early and got an A*, hence the 2 grade offers) but Durham wants the 2nd A in Further maths as opposed to Chemistry like everywhere else. I'm still waiting to hear from Southampton and got rejected from Cambridge, but probably firming Durham and putting Nottingham as insurance. Not definite yet though :P
Do you know what college you have an offer from? and is Durham your first choice or not decided yet?

I have an offer from St. John's (my first choice! :biggrin:). Durham is also my first choice. :biggrin:
Reply 3384
Original post by A Confused Parent
Does anybody have any idea when maths decisions will be released?

I have read one possible offer back in December and a recent unsuccessful, but thats all.

Also, generally does AES progress to 'with College' before any decisions are sent out (ie is it worth checking that as well as incoming email)?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Well I don't know about straight Maths, except for a friend who got rejected for it, but I've got an offer for NatSci with Maths as one of the subjects.

And I think for the most part when it gets sent to the college, that means the department are offering you a place. I would imagine AES would change before the email came through for Track. (Mine did anyway)
Reply 3385
Argh, I've got a Ucas Update email, but IT WON'T LET ME LOG IN TO TRACK!! It's closed due to maintenance until 5!! I can't wait that long!

Breathe.
Original post by blackpot
Argh, I've got a Ucas Update email, but IT WON'T LET ME LOG IN TO TRACK!! It's closed due to maintenance until 5!! I can't wait that long!

Breathe.

Same here, I've got a track update but can't see it either. Can't you check Durham AES though?
Reply 3387
Original post by JACKKDINE
Same here, I've got a track update but can't see it either. Can't you check Durham AES though?

My AES hasn't changed, still says recieved by a college, a decision hasn't been made.

Of course, it might not be Durham, could be Bristol or York, but I just have a hunch that it's Durham.

Godd luck! Hope you get the answer you want when you get on Track :biggrin:
Reply 3388
Original post by rebeccap
So you taking a gap year but retaking or what?? I have to get an A in Bio and Further Maths (i've already got an A* in Maths), slightly worried about the further maths but it should be ok. Have you found out what college you're getting in to yet?

Ye I'm on my gap year and retaking since last year I missed my grades and only got ABBB. So I'm retaking the 3 subjects I got Bs in Chem, Maths and Bio (I was only 3 ums off the A in bio XI )

They haven't told me yet where I'm ending up. I applied to Grey's College, just because that's where I applied last year and when I went to the open day I quite liked it ^_^ but my friend who got into Durham last year (also for NatSci) was making her college seem so good as well XD

So we'll see where they finally put me in but I'm not too fussed, wherever I'll go I know I will have fun!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ultimate1
ARGHHHH! More than 3 months and yet no offer. ARGGHHHHH! Seriously getting annoying now. Come on Durham please give me an offer, please.

I really feel for you.

Has your AES moved from department yet? Which are the other Uni's three you are waiting to hear from if you don't mind me asking?

Offers bring to mind watched kettles and buses; my advice, hard as I know it is, try and concentrate on something else and i'm sure they will arrive for you soon.
Original post by A Confused Parent
I really feel for you.

Has your AES moved from department yet? Which are the other Uni's three you are waiting to hear from if you don't mind me asking?

Offers bring to mind watched kettles and buses; my advice, hard as I know it is, try and concentrate on something else and i'm sure they will arrive for you soon.

I'm waiting from Durham, warwick, UCL and Bath. Got rejected by Oxford and that's te only piece of news I've heard. And my aes hasn't moved from department either.
Original post by webber8345
Lol, I know what you mean about giving advice to the year below. I made the mistake of not finishing my EE during the summer and it was SUCH a mess towards the end. I think I managed to do it well, but having not really started writing during the summer it meant that all the coursework in the first term of year 13 really conflicted.
Which TOK essay are you doing?
My last exam is bio too! *high five* :smile: I have 'may 19th' written on a post-it on my desk for motivation, lol

What country have you lived in other than portugal and south africa?

You're still waiting to hear about their decision right? good luck!!

Question 4, To what extent do we need evidence to support our beliefs, final essay for tuesday:eek: and you?, have you guys done your presentations yet?, I really cannot think of an idea, I wish they could just give us a title :rolleyes:

Yay!, aha, I should probably do that, but currently my desktop is covered with notes of deadlines:frown: but still not long now! Starting revision for a lot my subjects now coz we've finished the syllabus :biggrin:

Also lived in England when I was little because both my parents are British

yip still waiting:frown:.. my friend who is also applying for law got a rejection from Durham last week, so I'm getting really nervous. :redface:
Reply 3392
Original post by nuttynatz
Question 4, To what extent do we need evidence to support our beliefs, final essay for tuesday:eek: and you?, have you guys done your presentations yet?, I really cannot think of an idea, I wish they could just give us a title :rolleyes:

Yay!, aha, I should probably do that, but currently my desktop is covered with notes of deadlines:frown: but still not long now! Starting revision for a lot my subjects now coz we've finished the syllabus :biggrin:

Also lived in England when I was little because both my parents are British

yip still waiting:frown:.. my friend who is also applying for law got a rejection from Durham last week, so I'm getting really nervous. :redface:

haha i'm doing the same tok essay as you!! aaa IB is killing me.. so many courseworks essays and orals coming up.. and cas finishing off too.. oh the stress! :smile:
Original post by mlsdbk
haha i'm doing the same tok essay as you!! aaa IB is killing me.. so many courseworks essays and orals coming up.. and cas finishing off too.. oh the stress! :smile:

lol:smile: mine is pretty terrible I think.. TOK irratates me:smile: and I'm still about 100 words over. So depressing after you've taken so long to write the freaking essay and come up with all these arguements to have to cut out a whole chunk:tongue:

Me to.. I have english and Spanish orals in the next 2 weeks!:confused: and TOK presentation soon... oh the stress!:s-smilie::biggrin:

Thank god, I've finished CAS though... I don't think I could handle it!
What subjects do you do?
Reply 3394
Original post by Lunaelu
Ye I'm on my gap year and retaking since last year I missed my grades and only got ABBB. So I'm retaking the 3 subjects I got Bs in Chem, Maths and Bio (I was only 3 ums off the A in bio XI )

They haven't told me yet where I'm ending up. I applied to Grey's College, just because that's where I applied last year and when I went to the open day I quite liked it ^_^ but my friend who got into Durham last year (also for NatSci) was making her college seem so good as well XD

So we'll see where they finally put me in but I'm not too fussed, wherever I'll go I know I will have fun!

Hi, sorry to be nosy, but I just saw that you went to the Grey open day last year... Was just wondering what it was like, like what you did in the evening, how many people, stuff like that :smile: I've got an offer there and I'm going on the open day but I didn't originally apply there so I don't really know what it's like :redface: Also, congrats for the offer :biggrin:
Original post by blackpot

Breathe.

Does it say anything on your AES? Because that happenned to me, so I checked the Nottingham portal...I got rejected

Edit: Just saw the other reply, sorry! Although if it gets forwarded to the college, I believe that means you have an offer unless the college has been oversubscribed, which I presume by this point it still won't have done, good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3396
Original post by nuttynatz
lol:smile: mine is pretty terrible I think.. TOK irratates me:smile: and I'm still about 100 words over. So depressing after you've taken so long to write the freaking essay and come up with all these arguements to have to cut out a whole chunk:tongue:

Me to.. I have english and Spanish orals in the next 2 weeks!:confused: and TOK presentation soon... oh the stress!:s-smilie::biggrin:

Thank god, I've finished CAS though... I don't think I could handle it!
What subjects do you do?

I haven't written my tok essay yet :frown: but i did my presentation last year which is fine don't worry! omg french and english orals scare me more than all my ib exams put together! i do english history economics higher.. biology maths french standard.. and have an offer for economics :smile: yaaay! what do you do?
Has anyone got an offer off durham chemistry at castle?
Offer for English :biggrin: :biggrin: confirmed on Monday. And now the wait for the college... they do like their waiting don't they.

So so happy :biggrin:
Original post by mlsdbk
I haven't written my tok essay yet :frown: but i did my presentation last year which is fine don't worry! omg french and english orals scare me more than all my ib exams put together! i do english history economics higher.. biology maths french standard.. and have an offer for economics :smile: yaaay! what do you do?

haha.. we basically do the same subjects:biggrin: I do english, economic and history HL and biololgy, maths studies and Spanish ab at SL:biggrin:

I know the orals are terrible- haha, gonna fail my spanish on my ass! Lucky thing!! Which college? I'm still waiting to hear back for law

Latest